Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 465
Owen_T
Debates: 25
Owen_T
-->
@Cerulean
The idea behind character claiming is giving us an idea of what each player might be capable of doing. For instance, knowing that Austin's character is a Mafia boss might not inherently make Austin evil-aligned, but it might imply that if he is evil, he could be investigated as good regardless (since that's the "Godfather" role type).
That makes sense, but then it feels like we're giving the mafia too much information on who to target, but I guess you guys know a lot more than me so I'll trust you on this. 

By the way, is there a particular reason why you believe this:
refusal to claim seems like a town tell.
Since it's the basis for 2 of your town reads.
Because they might be trying to  hide an important position, and if they were mafia I see no reason why they wouldn't just fake claim under pressure.
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
Question. 

Everyone seem really interested in figuring out people's roles. since we're all villains, does it really matter?
I don’t think characters matter that much. Roles do.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
So Pie has latched on to Mharman pretty hard here. Knowing Pie, this is typical of both his town play and his mafia play, so I can't really make anything of it either way. I'm going to have to reread the discussion, but right now I feel the same way as Cerulean -- this might just be a town v. town fight. I saw one of those happen last game and it ended up losing the town the whole game. 
I think Mharman scumslipped and is not trying to back track (and in the process is lying his ass off). At least help me pressure him for a full claim
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Mharman
I don't understand your Owen read. This is Owen's second game and he was mislynched DP1 on his first. You can't exactly base behavior off of that.
Owen_T
Owen_T
The color thing was a joke, now I understand that maybe this isn't the best situation for that.

And the questions were legitimate noob questions. It feels like characters were no help and roles would help the mafia more.

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I am a fictional male character from a movie.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Casey - Fiction
Cerulean - Fiction, Male, Book/TV, 2000
JoeBob - Fiction, Male, Born 1000 years ago,
Pie - Fiction, Male, Movie, 2009
Wylted - Real, Male, Birth, 1965 - Billy Mitchell
Owen - Real, Male, Birth, 1926
Austin - Fiction, Male, Book/Movie, 1972 - Don Corleone
Mharman - Real
Barney
Earth - Fiction, Male, Movie
Savant

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
I don't understand your Owen read. This is Owen's second game and he was mislynched DP1 on his first. You can't exactly base behavior off of that.
Can you vote Mharman for a full claim please
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
@Cerulean
This is a lie. Mharman said this in the exact same post:

I want more depth on your reasoning as to why you think we should get his claim. Why is his character strange to you? And what's to stop Wylted from having a good fake claim in this game, where it can be anything that interests him? Do you really think he's so bad at fake claiming that he would fail to come up with a good one here? Are there any additional reasons to get his claim that you have in mind?
So Mharman did know that Wylted had already character claimed at that point and that I was asking for a role claim from Wylted.
Dude. It was late at night. My brain wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders. So yeah, I can forget stuff in one paragraph and remember it the next. The paragraph I cited earlier, when read does show I was thinking of the consequences of Wylted outing his character, meaning that my whole logic on not wanting to claim was taken from my normal thought process on getting claims, forgetting that he had claimed. 

Then, when I went to read back your post and so I could ask questions at the end of that post of mine because I'm wondering if you see something in Wylted that I don't, I read all your concerns on him and got reminded of the character claim and asked that question at the end, without thinking about how that would change my reasoning in the first paragraph, because I wasn't think about my own reasoning, because I was tired and not thinking clearly. That's why those two paragraphs are a contradiction, not because I'm "lying my ass off" but because I wasn't able to think clearly about things and am prone to missing details and confusing myself when that happens.

But Mharman never said that he doesn’t want to pursue Wylted because he slight town read him.  He said he doesn’t want to pursue Wylted because it will help scum sort out who has the stronger PRs from the weaker ones, which implies that Mharman knew Wylted was town to begin with.
A slight town read is enough of a town read to make me not want a claim. Yes, I am that cautious.

He was fine lynching his top townread (Owen) last game DP1 just to get information for the next DP, which is fine cause it was last minute ig, but directly contradicts the cautious nature he’s presenting here. He also just blatantly lied about not knowing that Wylted had already claimed.
Cautious nature? Dude we're in DP1 and we're all trying to figure this shit out. You've seen me play cautious and conservative before, many times. Even when I was confident Casey was scum two games ago, and Austin was scum last game, I still didn't pressure people to quicklynch. When the rest of town wanted me to hammer Casey in CoC, I still had questions. When Whiteflame said he was hesitant to vote Austin, I said that's fair.

How are you going to say that I'm contradicting my past behavior over a situation, that you yourself say was a different situation (last minute scramble)?

I think Mharman scumslipped and is not trying to back track (and in the process is lying his ass off). At least help me pressure him for a full claim
Austin said the same thing of me last game after I posted this. Was that also me backtracking and lying my ass off? No, it was me explaining my behavior after I got confused and made a mistake. 

I misread your post when you said he wanted his role claim because I forgot and got confused, and forgot Wylted had claimed. By the time I remembered, I didn't think about how it should change my thought process. This is similar, if not the same to how I got confused on Austin and Savant in last game, as explained in the post I linked above.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Earth
@Casey_Risk
Please do not pressure me for my claim.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Earth
Are you saying he's adjusted from last game and I'm reading too much into it? Maybe, but there's a lot of things I mentioned that seem off to me. How much of that is all just from me misreading his adjustments? I don't think all of it is.
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
@AustinL0926
@WyIted
@JoeBob
@Casey_Risk
Sorry, I had no internet for a few days. I'm going to try to catch up.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Earth
@Barney
@Mharman
@Owen_T
@Cerulean
See above
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Savant
Sorry, I had no internet for a few days.
Understood. You were unusually quiet there. Glad you're able to get back online now.

Unvote
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
Dude. It was late at night. My brain wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders. So yeah, I can forget stuff in one paragraph and remember it the next. The paragraph I cited earlier, when read does show I was thinking of the consequences of Wylted outing his character, meaning that my whole logic on not wanting to claim was taken from my normal thought process on getting claims, forgetting that he had claimed. 
So you’re saying in the same post, you “forgot” that Wylted had already character claimed when in that same post you acknowledged that he had already character claimed? That makes no sense.

Then, when I went to read back your post and so I could ask questions at the end of that post of mine because I'm wondering if you see something in Wylted that I don't, I read all your concerns on him and got reminded of the character claim and asked that question at the end, without thinking about how that would change my reasoning in the first paragraph, because I wasn't think about my own reasoning, because I was tired and not thinking clearly. That's why those two paragraphs are a contradiction, not because I'm "lying my ass off" but because I wasn't able to think clearly about things and am prone to missing details and confusing myself when that happens.
So now your story is that you “forgot” that Wylted had character claim in the very next post, all this while I kept asking for a role claim from Wylted? It makes no sense whatsoever.

A slight town read is enough of a town read to make me not want a claim. Yes, I am that cautious.
Are you though? You lynched your top townread last game just for information. Getting a claim from a slight townread shouldn’t be that big of a deal.

Cautious nature? Dude we're in DP1 and we're all trying to figure this shit out. You've seen me play cautious and conservative before, many times. Even when I was confident Casey was scum two games ago, and Austin was scum last game, I still didn't pressure people to quicklynch. When the rest of town wanted me to hammer Casey in CoC, I still had questions. When Whiteflame said he was hesitant to vote Austin, I said that's fair.

How are you going to say that I'm contradicting my past behavior over a situation, that you yourself say was a different situation (last minute scramble)?
I’m not; I’m just saying sometimes you don’t care “as long as it provides more information.” I just answered Cerulean’s question. 

Austin said the same thing of me last game after I posted this. Was that also me backtracking and lying my ass off? No, it was me explaining my behavior after I got confused and made a mistake.
That’s not even close to what is happening right now imo.

I misread your post when you said he wanted his role claim because I forgot and got confused, and forgot Wylted had claimed. By the time I remembered, I didn't think about how it should change my thought process. This is similar, if not the same to how I got confused on Austin and Savant in last game, as explained in the post I linked above.
You want everyone to believe you forgot he had character while acknowledging he had character claimed while it occurred in the same post. It’s ridiculous .
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Savant
@JoeBob
@Casey_Risk
Can we pressure Mharman. He’s claiming he he didn’t know Wylted had character claimed while acknowledging he did in the same exact post he made.

Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@ILikePie5
Unvote

VTL Mharman
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
@Mharman
@AustinL0926
@WyIted
@Casey_Risk
Glad that the day phase is 72 hours. I was afraid I might be lynched for lack of activity, which happened to Austin once, but I think the town learned its lesson from that mistake. Now that I've skimmed through the day phase, I'll give my thoughts.

The scum pool right now is effectively everyone, and with 11 players, trying to work out a POE pool through mechanics this early might backfire. I think it's a strong possibility that Austin is lying about being Don Corleone to try and get a reaction out of scum or something. It would fit his MO and explain why he claimed so early.

Claiming characters or character details seems like a waste of time, since scum can lie to get the upper hand while also trying to identify power roles. (If Austin lied as town, he's on the right track.) But I'd rather focus on behavior. I don't like that Owen voted right after Casey. As Mharman said, it feels like an effort to fit in. I'll go after Owen if anyone else can get a solid scum read on him besides just Mharman and I, since I'm not super sure of his alignment.

Despite not wanting to reveal much, I am comfortable saying the following:
1. I am confirmable tonight.
2. To whomever I target, your clue will be in the following phrase: "We hold our heads high, despite the price we have paid, because freedom is priceless." You may not know it was I who targeted you, but it is important that you pay attention to this clue when choosing your response, and you will understand what to do when the time comes.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Mharman
@Owen_T
Owen ninja'd me by doing exactly what I just accused him of: voting along with another player. I'm townreading Mharman for this and scum reading Owen.

VTL Owen
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Savant
Owen ninja'd me by doing exactly what I just accused him of: voting along with another player. I'm townreading Mharman for this and scum reading Owen.
For literally anyone else, I'd agree that this would be a scumread. However, Owen is still a very new and inexperienced player. I feel like this sort of sheeping is to be expected.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Casey_Risk
I don't recall him sheeping to this extent in the last game. I'd expect him to be more sure of himself if he's town again. He'd be new to scum though and might struggle to fit in.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@Savant
Maybe. I feel like his partner would probably be telling him to be less obvious though. Just a thought.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Casey_Risk
Just checked. He voted like this in the last game, but he said it was because he worshiped me as a god. But then he voted for me when I was accused, so this is probably his normal behavior.

Unvote
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
I feel bad for mislynch ing him dp1 of his first game. Even if he is scum,  I would look for his scum partner.  I almost feel like I owe him a free dp tbh
Savant
Savant
Casey absolutely has a point, and I think she is probably town for this.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
Biden just dropped out so technically Bernie sanders can still win. You are welcome
WyIted
WyIted
Not even o. News sites yet. I guess I broke this story by obsessing over bidens Twitter feed
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Savant
voting along with another player
Owen always does this, this shouldn’t be a scum read.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@WyIted
Not even o. News sites yet
Actually CNN announced it like 10 minutes ago.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Here’s the timeline:

Pie asks Wylted to full claim

Mharman says: “As for the Wylted train, I don't think it's that great of an idea to get his claim. All that's going to do is help scum sort out who has the  stronger PRs from the weaker ones.

Mharman in same post says: “I want more depth on your reasoning as to why you think we should get his claim. Why is his character strange to you?”

Pie says: “He sucks at fake role claiming, so he’ll either claim something crazy or something that will likely be CCed somehow.”

Mharman says: “Oh you mean fake role claiming when you say he sucks. This is a compelling point, I'll give you that.”

Make that make sense.