Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 465
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
I'm just going to say this: The thing my character is from doesn't have a whole lot of notable villains. I'll consider telling you either the thing they're from or the year they were born. I won't give you both.

As for the Wylted train, I don't think it's that great of an idea to get his claim. All that's going to do is help scum sort out who has the stronger PRs from the weaker ones. Sure, they'd be doing a lot of guesswork, but I'll be educated guesswork, and I'm not comfortable giving them more information to work with.

I want more depth on your reasoning as to why you think we should get his claim. Why is his character strange to you? And what's to stop Wylted from having a good fake claim in this game, where it can be anything that interests him? Do you really think he's so bad at fake claiming that he would fail to come up with a good one here? Are there any additional reasons to get his claim that you have in mind?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@JoeBob
ok. You're in my null pile now.
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@Mharman
Additionally, there's the question of third party. I'm not sure if we have a third party, let alone what the third party could be.
I would expect third party to be in the 12-player games, not the 9.
Mharman
Mharman
NOTICE: I'm playing this game while trying to gather screenshots for the archives, in case this site goes down again for whatever reason in the future. 

If you have a question for me, are answering a question of mine, or see something that you think demands my attention, please ping me. Otherwise, just let me catch up on my own time.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Lunatic
@Savant
VTL Savant for activity

He’s usually active, and since this dp started well over 12 hours ago, I wonder what’s up.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
Pie - Neutral: I feel like he's talking the whole "let's limit scum's fake claims" thing a little far. There's only so many hints as to what your character is before it gets too easy for mafia to guess.
And the things I asked don’t make it any easier. A Google search will have hundreds of things, but they’re going to be harder to justify for scum.

Some franchises/IRL things have enough villains to facilitate asking "where's your character from", and some don't. Baiting people into making a guess easier is something scum Pie would do. However, the other side of the coin is that a lot of what he's saying seems like a continuation of Casey's idea after reading the DP. I've also seen Pie come up with plans that he strongly believes are correct as town, and this fits that. All in all, I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. I need to see more.

WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
Okay back to null. Why did you choose Billy Mitchell as your character? 
He is a fucking here to me. He wins donkey Kong with the same flair and maybe even tactics that I win survivor or the presidential election with. Also he is hilarious 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
Let’s pressure Wylted for a full claim. His character is very odd, and he sucks at fake claiming as scum. 
We all picked characters and there is no theme. The character being odd is not even as odd as the one I picked the last time we did this
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@JoeBob
I would expect third party to be in the 12-player games, not the 9.
I'm not convinced of that. I'm assuming there's two mafiosos, so that's a 9v2 with no third party. If we're going by the magic number rule of mislynches that I mentioned earlier, the number would be 2, like a 9-player game. Here, however, town could survive 3 mislynches, one above the magic number. A third party, however, should put the town back in the number. An 8v2v1 means town can survive 2 mislynches with 2 scum and no more, unless a they get help from the third party in some way.

The only reason I'm not sure if we have one is because I know sometimes a setup may be better if you let town go one above the magic number in terms of how many mislynches they can withstand, usually in situations where the scum team has a lot of power in the setup. Lunatic was the one who taught me this rule btw, iirc. I don't know what he currently thinks of the idea, or whether the setup he has here would warrant one.

I do know, however, that we shouldn't dismiss the idea. I don't think we should let possible third parties distract us to the point where we're not doing enough scumhunting, but I do think we should keep the idea in mind.
Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
Is Earth usually this inactive? I know that Savant isn't.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
I'm just going to say this: The thing my character is from doesn't have a whole lot of notable villains. I'll consider telling you either the thing they're from or the year they were born. I won't give you both.
I’m basically asking for a genre, like a book or movie which there are millions of and then hundreds if not thousands yearly.

As for the Wylted train, I don't think it's that great of an idea to get his claim. All that's going to do is help scum sort out who has the stronger PRs from the weaker ones. Sure, they'd be doing a lot of guesswork, but I'll be educated guesswork, and I'm not comfortable giving them more information to work with.
So you don’t want to get a claim from anyone? Why?

I want more depth on your reasoning as to why you think we should get his claim. Why is his character strange to you?
No one knows him. He’s not famous by any means. And is he truly a villainous villain? I don’t think so.

And what's to stop Wylted from having a good fake claim in this game, where it can be anything that interests him?
He sucks at fake role claiming, so he’ll either claim something crazy or something that will likely be CCed somehow.

Do you really think he's so bad at fake claiming that he would fail to come up with a good one here? Are there any additional reasons to get his claim that you have in mind?
Why do you not want his claim?
Mharman
Mharman
That's all for tonight.
Mharman
Mharman
Or not.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
@WyIted
He is a fucking here to me. He wins donkey Kong with the same flair and maybe even tactics that I win survivor or the presidential election with. Also he is hilarious 
But how’s he a villain?

We all picked characters and there is no theme. The character being odd is not even as odd as the one I picked the last time we did this
Fair enough.

I actually want to move to Mharman for insinuating that no one should claim because it would give scum information. This post in particular doesn’t make me feel comfortable:

Unvote

VTL Mharman for full claim
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Did you give scum any fake roles/claims or hints about that?
Lunatic
Lunatic
Vote Count

Joebob- 2/6- Wylted, Cerulean
Wylted- 1/6- owenT
Savant- 1/6- Joebob
mharman- 1/6- iLikePie5
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
And the things I asked don’t make it any easier. A Google search will have hundreds of things, but they’re going to be harder to justify for scum.
That's fair, but that may also depend on thing your character is from.

So you don’t want to get a claim from anyone? Why?
Not yet. A full character claim will make things easier for the scum team. Unless we have a good FOS on someone, I say we shouldn't pressure a claim out of them.

No one knows him. He’s not famous by any means. And is he truly a villainous villain? I don’t think so.
Many of the characters here are going to be niche. They're either selected by the people in this game or by Lunatic, based on our/Lunatic's interests. I've heard of Billy Mitchell though. I would say he's pretty villainous.

He sucks at fake role claiming, so he’ll either claim something crazy or something that will likely be CCed somehow.
Oh you mean fake role claiming when you say he sucks. This is a compelling point, I'll give you that.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
But how’s he a villain?
He is known from the documentary king of kong which portrayed him as a villain, plus he is a notorious cheater and when his records got removed he started getting lawsuit happy. See moist critical video below, if you can stomach moist critical. He is a normie. 

I actually want to move to Mharman for insinuating that no one should claim because it would give scum information. This post in particular doesn’t make me feel comfortable:

I am down . We have to get something rolling

unvote VTL mharman
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
I'm not full claiming.

As for Wylted, I think about it. For now I'm going to bed.
WyIted
WyIted
Honestly most people should ve at the very least character claiming unless you literally picked like an evil cop like from terminator 2 or candy man who would obviously be a doctor. I assume most of us didn't make ignorant picks like that though
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
That's fair, but that may also depend on thing your character is from.
Sure but year and genre isn’t going to identify your character. And you’re forgetting that all these characters are villains. None of them do pro-town shit anyways.

Not yet. A full character claim will make things easier for the scum team. Unless we have a good FOS on someone, I say we shouldn't pressure a claim out of them.
We already have 2 characters claims. So you’re saying we should get a third character claim before pressuring for a role claim from someone?

Many of the characters here are going to be niche. They're either selected by the people in this game or by Lunatic, based on our/Lunatic's interests. I've heard of Billy Mitchell though. I would say he's pretty villainous.
Where did you hear about Billy Mitchell?

Oh you mean fake role claiming when you say he sucks. This is a compelling point, I'll give you that.
Yes. Wylted had already character claimed. How did you interpret it as anything else? Full claim means role claim as well.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
I'm not full claiming.
You’ll full claim at L-1, which I will get you to
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
Honestly most people should ve at the very least character claiming unless you literally picked like an evil cop like from terminator 2 or candy man who would obviously be a doctor. I assume most of us didn't make ignorant picks like that though
I’m fine getting a full claim from Mharman. His post was scummy af about not getting a role claim from you. He already acknowledged that you had character claimed but then says, “I assumed you were talking about character claiming, not role claiming Pie.” His posts are riddled with contradictions
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Barney
@JoeBob
@Casey_Risk
@Cerulean
Change of plans, let’s get Mharman’s full claim
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
@Savant
@Owen_T
Yall as well
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
I am not really convinced on the Mharman case.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
PART 1: As for the Wylted train, I don't think it's that great of an idea to get his claim. All that's going to do is help scum sort out who has the stronger PRs from the weaker ones. Sure, they'd be doing a lot of guesswork, but I'll be educated guesswork, and I'm not comfortable giving them more information to work with.

PART 2: I want more depth on your reasoning as to why you think we should get his claim. Why is his character strange to you? And what's to stop Wylted from having a good fake claim in this game, where it can be anything that interests him? Do you really think he's so bad at fake claiming that he would fail to come up with a good one here? Are there any additional reasons to get his claim that you have in mind?
Read this post carefully. He has to know that Pie is talking about Wylted role claiming based on his words  in Part 1 because he knows that Wylted has already character claimed based on his words in Part 2. But then what happens in his response to me

Pie: So you don’t want to get a claim from anyone? Why?
Mharman: Not yet. A full character claim will make things easier for the scum team. Unless we have a good FOS on someone, I say we shouldn't pressure a claim out of them.

A) What is a full character claim? I assume he means full claim ie role as well as character.

B) Him not wanting people to full claim is 100% at odds with his past gameplay.

Pie: He sucks at fake role claiming, so he’ll either claim something crazy or something that will likely be CCed somehow.
Mharman: Oh you mean fake role claiming when you say he sucks. This is a compelling point, I'll give you that.
So now it’s a compelling point? What does me asking for a full claim mean? It clearly means role + character. But he already knew that I was talking about Wylted role claiming in reference to Wylted based on Parts 1 and 2. So now, go read Parts 1 and 2. It seems like he has inside information and knows Wylted is town doesn’t it?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Read post 147
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Cerulean
My initial reaction would be to give you a townread for giving that up with no pressure, since it "looks" so bad, but I'm wary of a "refuge in audacity" bluff. You, or someone else, can correct me if this is wrong, but from the few posts I've seen from you so far, you strike me as someone who might try to pull that sort of strategy off.
Can you explain why you think I would have the kind of playstyle to try this?
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@Cerulean
ISO feature:

You can do that for any user. It is flawed, but should still help.