Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 465
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Cerulean
I might as well ask in return- how do games here typically go? Should I expect an intense, fast-paced end of day? An eventual settling on a single massive vote wagon? Heavily mech-focused gameplay?
Day Phases are generally slow until time pressure catches up. Usually when I’m playing, I generate activity. We try to build consensus and convince each other. If you find something odd, you pursue it and try to convince others. I usually rely on play styles from people, cause sometimes people do things that are inherent to them as town or scum. We also try to discuss game balance usually. Lunatic is one of the oldest players and game designers on this site. Feel free to check the archive to see games he’s designed.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Casey - Fiction
Cerulean - Fiction
JoeBob - Fiction
Pie - Fiction
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
Something like month + year the character came into existence + where it’s from (ie book, movie, game, play, etc). Still keeps the range open, but heavily restricts it as well.
I think that's reasonable. My character first appeared in a game released in 2007.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Casey - Fiction
Cerulean - Fiction, Male
JoeBob - Fiction
Pie - Fiction, Male, Movie, 2009
Wylted - Real, Male, Birth, 1965 - Billy Mitchell
Owen - Real, Male
Austin - Fiction, Male, Book/Movie, 1972 - Don Corleone
Mharman - Real
Barney
Earth
Savant

This is what I compiled so far

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
Is there actually any way we can effectively scum hunt on the first DP. Last time the only reason there was really any action was because of Austin. 
Ask people questions
Owen_T
Debates: 25
Owen_T
Mine was born 1926
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cerulean
am mildly curious about the general alignment layout of this game (ie 9 Town 2 Mafia, 8 Town 3 Mafia, 8 Town 2 Mafia 1 3p/Neutral, etc.), although there's not much we can do beyond speculating about it at this point.

What's the general feel for 3rd Party/Neutral/Independent/Unaligned/Any other name for non-Town and non-Mafia roles on this forum? Should we expect one to exist here?
I think 9-2 and 8-3 are town sides and scumsided respectively. Luna likes putting TPs, and usually they have their own objective, which after achieved, they can usually joint win with either faction. If I were a betting man, I’d bet that a TP exists in this game.
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@ILikePie5
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Casey - Fiction
Cerulean - Fiction, Male
JoeBob - Fiction
Pie - Fiction, Male, Movie, 2009
Wylted - Real, Male, Birth, 1965 - Billy Mitchell
Owen - Real, Male, Birth, 1926
Austin - Fiction, Male, Book/Movie, 1972 - Don Corleone
Mharman - Real
Barney
Earth
Savant

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Since it's a slow news day, I'll claim my character to invite some discussion: Don Corleone.
Hmm, interesting.
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@ILikePie5
Is there a reason you are avoiding my question?

Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@Earth
@Barney
@Savant
What about you guys?

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
Fine.  I am billy mitchell. And yes his initials are USA Google it

Okay back to null. Why did you choose Billy Mitchell as your character? 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
The fact pie has not tried to get me to full claim right off the bat, is sus.my vote stays
Well after reading everything, I actually do want your claim. Billy Mitchell is random af

VTL Wylted for full claim
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Cerulean
That's a bit audacious, considering that's quite literally a Mafia Don.

My initial reaction would be to give you a townread for giving that up with no pressure, since it "looks" so bad, but I'm wary of a "refuge in audacity" bluff. You, or someone else, can correct me if this is wrong, but from the few posts I've seen from you so far, you strike me as someone who might try to pull that sort of strategy off.
It’s null coming from him. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
Vito, from the book or the movies? And did you preference for the title Don, or was that fed back by the host?
Lean town on Barney for this
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Owen_T
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?

Is there a reason you are avoiding my question?
A) Why does it matter?
B) I was responding to posts.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Vote Count

Wylted- 2/6- iLikePie5, owenT
Joebob- 2/6- Wylted, Cerulean

Owen_T
Owen_T
VTL Wylted
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@ILikePie5
You told me to ask questions.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
@AustinL0926
@JoeBob
@Owen_T
@Cerulean
Let’s pressure Wylted for a full claim. His character is very odd, and he sucks at fake claiming as scum. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Barney
@Savant
@Casey_Risk
Pressure Earth please
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Barney
@Savant
@Casey_Risk
Meant Wylted 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Vote Count

Wylted- 1/6- iLikePie5
iLikePie5- 1/6- Wylted
Can you double check this and confirm? I thought some people were on JoeBob
Owen_T
Owen_T
Slight town read for Cerulean since this is is first game on the site, but then again because he already has experience Luna could have made him scum as we wouldn't expect it.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Vote Count

Wylted- 2/6- iLikePie5, owenT
Joebob- 2/6- Wylted, Cerulean

Fixed Sorry

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Alright so here are my early reads:

Cerulean - Town: Good vibes in general, trying to supply information and helping to get the game moving forward. The big thing I notice is the questions they're asking: They're all the right ones; I would be asking them if I was in their position. I can also tell just by the questions being asked that they've done their research. I also really like their interaction with Owen.

Casey - Slight Town: Mostly good vibes. I like how they're using the whole "let's limit fake claims" idea that Pie and I have been using recently. I kinda feel like giving the franchise may be a bit much (and therefore "blending in behavior", but given that Super Mario has a lot of villains, I think it's fine.

Wylted -  Ever so Slight Town: The meaningless fluff/borderline schizoposting combined with the actual gameplay is pretty normal for him. He's erratic as usual, but there's a method to his madness. The thing that does stick out as weird to me, however, is the callouts of Casey's possible character. I don't know if that's Casey's character, but I'm not sure what Wylted is trying to accomplish with that. I also don't know why he's hesitant to FOS someone he thinks might be a godfather either. It's offputting, but everything else makes me read him as town. I'll need to keep a closer eye on him.

Pie - Neutral: I feel like he's talking the whole "let's limit scum's fake claims" thing a little far. There's only so many hints as to what your character is before it gets too easy for mafia to guess. Some franchises/IRL things have enough villains to facilitate asking "where's your character from", and some don't. Baiting people into making a guess easier is something scum Pie would do. However, the other side of the coin is that a lot of what he's saying seems like a continuation of Casey's idea after reading the DP. I've also seen Pie come up with plans that he strongly believes are correct as town, and this fits that. All in all, I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. I need to see more.

Barney, Savant, and Earth - Null: Not much going on here. Nothing, in Savant's case.

Joebob - Neutral:  I don't like how he's trying to guess Wylted's character. The only thing stopping me from having an FOS here is the fact that he might've been joking around with Wylted. Otherwise, not much going on here.

Austin - Ever so Slight Scum: I don't like how he claimed so early with no pressure. It's something he did last game while he faking just about everything as town. The problem here is that I feel like he should learn from last game, and not do stuff like that. So that's already ringing alarm bells in my head. I suppose he could be trying a new gambit in a different way that he thinks won't run into the same problems as last one. Another thing is that I could very much see a point in Don Corleone being godfather. However, why would he claim that so openly if he were scum? There is no theme split, so maybe he thinks he can come up with a good fake claim and be safe? And yet, because of last game, I'm hesitant to have a harder scum read on him. Another person I need to keep an eye on.

Owen - Scum: Everything he's been doing reeks of blend in behavior. It could be just noobiness, but it feels a bit scummy and I think we shouldn't excuse all of his behavior just because he's new- I think we should start slowly raising our expectations. Last game, it felt like we had to guide him and he'll start doing things on his own a little bit as he learns. This game, it feels like he's telling us to carry him. Post #37 and 39 are standouts to me. Earlier, Cerulean asked Owen for his thoughts, which he seems to have ignored. Then there's his interaction with Pie... it's so weird. Asking for a favorite color and then asking why his question hasn't been answered looks like noob scum trying to mount an eventual accusation... when confronted he just gives the smartass answer of "you told me to ask questions." I know this could all be fluff too, but isn't a little late for fluff? I think it is. I don't think his later "read" on Cerulean makes much sense either. It's something Badger once correctly called me out on... the ol' "could be this, could be that" thing without giving much of a reason as to why it could be "this or that." Nothing he has done so far sits well with me.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Additionally, there's the question of third party. I'm not sure if we have a third party, let alone what the third party could be. However, I think Wylted or Austin could be a third party, given some of their actions. Maybe Pie, but I'm not ready to put him on the same level as Wylted and Austin just yet. And of course there's the inactives/barely actives.

I'm not reading Cerulean, Casey, or Owen as a TP. Pie is on the fringes of this group as well for me; he's just an in-between.

Just something for us to keep in mind.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Mharman
I don't like how he's trying to guess Wylted's character. The only thing stopping me from having an FOS here is the fact that he might've been joking around with Wylted
I was joking around
JoeBob
JoeBob
my character was born 1000 years ago