Why do some people hate the LGBTQ community so much?

Author: Moozer325

Total: 73
Moozer325
Debates: 13
Moozer325
I just don’t really get it. Why do some people have a problem with other people changing their gender, or being gay? It’s not your business. I’m genuinely curious if there is a half-decent explanation other than just “they’re retarded”. 
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@Moozer325
#1. Historical Perspective

In the West until about 60 or 70 years ago, two men being in a relationship was a fundamentally alien notion. 1950s Bugs Bunny did sketches about Bugs dressing as a lady and marrying Elmer Fudd, and that wasn't "queer representation". It was meant to be funny, because the idea was so farfetched at the time that nobody assumed it was being played serious. Two or more strange men wouldn't hesitate to share a bed in a hotel, because it was just taken for granted that nothing sexual would, or even could, happen between men.

Being gay is so widely accepted today that many young people assume it was always that way, and that people who disapprove always must've been the weirdos and oddballs of society. No; the "fringe" position today was uncritically accepted by like 99% of Americans at the time when your grandparents were born, and as late as the '00s being gay was still taboo in many parts of the United States.

Whether said disapproval is objectively right or wrong, old attitudes die hard.

#2. Religious Perspective
All of the world's major faith traditions have independently reached the same conclusion that homosexual conduct is one of the worst vices a human being can commit. Believe me when I say that I cannot stress this hard enough; it was more readily tolerated in the Bible for two siblings to marry. Consider how beyond the pale such a thing is, now consider that a man bedding another man was somehow even worse in the eyes of YHWH or Allah.

For people from this religious background, it is among the most extremely vulgar acts fathomable. What, by merely seeing it, causes you distress? What manner of hate and bigotry could make you feel physically ill? That is homosexuality to the hardcore religious believer, and there are hundreds of millions of them.

#3. Men's Perspective
In the 20th century, norms of masculinity revolved around sexual conquest and presenting as a badboy or an athlete. Men who bought into this would, and often still do, bully other men for being virgins. The gay man was perceived as effeminate and an even bigger loser than the virgin, because he "received" as a woman. Such men, likewise, fear that a gay man, by causing them to so receive, could strip away the masculine status that they dread losing above all else.

#4. General Moral and Social Perspective
Gay men are 12x more likely than straight men to use amphetamines, 9.5x more likely to use heroin, and solid 25% of gay and transgender Americans are alcoholic. They're far more likely than the general population to be promiscuous and catch and spread AIDS. They were reported not long ago to have several times the incidence of food poisoning than straight people, and the reason was that gay men were licking each others' buttholes and ingesting at least traces amounts of human feces in the process.
There's a huge correlation between identifying as LGBTQ and a dissolute lifestyle, to say nothing of crippling mental illnesses. The more people who are encouraged to adopt this label for themselves, the more people who will end up like this. Finally, they tend to not have children at a time when the birthrate is already too low, so the spread of this movement will mean even fewer births in the future.

Intelligence_06
Debates: 172
Intelligence_06
-->
@Moozer325
There are actual office workers who dismiss the usage of printers in "modern" offices even though photocopiers have been in place for decades now. Mostly boomers.
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@Moozer325
In short they don't 

I just don’t really get it. Why do some people have a problem with other people changing their gender, or being gay?
They don't the issues would be genetic males competing with genetic females or the transitioning of children and causing permanent har. To their body. 

Personally I think it's a mental disorder, but it's also none of my business.  I will take issue with them claiming I should give a shit about their pronouns though. 

It’s not your business. I’m genuinely curious if there is a half-decent explanation other than just “they’re retarded”. 
Basically it is just an untrue strawman thay is used to paint people concerned about the well being of children or concerned about female sports with a broad brush to dismiss their claims
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
-->
@Moozer325
I have seen plenty of trans people being bullied on YouTube.

Most of the bullies are religious, of course, doing it for religious reasons.

To put it simply, anyone raised in religious family is likely to develop hate towards LGBT.

This is because most of religious families talk bad things about LGBT people, and children born in those families copy that.

I have even seen a Christian parent blaming LGBT because her child who was trans killed herself, but the actual reason for suicide was that Christian parent didnt allow transition and tried to convince a child that she cannot transition.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
I think the reason some if not the majority of  people hate the LGBTQ community is so self evident in so many ways one would have to choose to  be willfully intellectually dishonest and blind to not see why.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@sadolite
Yes, hate people who mean you no harm.
WyIted
WyIted
That's like saying it is hateful to talk somebody out of suicide BK. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@Moozer325
If you really press these people for an answer,

They are afraid of the LGBTQ "agenda", which they claim is an attempt to turn everyone, they end up with the fear that it is contagious. 

They also tend to say it is a choice, which tells me they had to choose to be straight, which means that it could have gone either way if they had to choose to be straight.  Maybe they hate what they have suppressed in themselves, which would mean they really are afraid it's contagious and maybe these people will turn them. 

In the end, I think they are jealous and afraid they made the wrong decision.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
That's like saying it is hateful to talk somebody out of suicide BK.
I never talk people out of suicide, but thats irrelevant.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
Is it really because you stated that if somebody is opposed to mutilating the cocks of 12 year old gay boys it means they hate faggots. I just don't see it that way. If anything it's loving
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Moozer325
Spiderman is gay and I like him

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
if somebody is opposed to mutilating the cocks of 12 year old gay boys it means they hate faggots
Not just surgery. They oppose to any type of transition. There is no love there. Just pure religious hate.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
You cannot love trans and at the same time try to prevent people from being trans.

I was raised by religious parents. I am well aware of how "religious love" looks like. They shame you, embarrass you, attempt to fix you, they tell you that there is something wrong with you, tell you that you are possessed if you tell them you are atheist...ect.

But I did get revenge by destroying my parent's lives in a way they could never even imagine even happen to them.

Sure, I had to destroy my own life too, but its worthy because I know they will live their lives feeling like failures and I remind them often that they are failures.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Succinct, to the point and correct.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
Not just surgery. They oppose to any type of transition. There is no love there. Just pure religious hate.
Even a social transition is extremely harmful. Opposing harm coming to your child is good.

You cannot love trans and at the same time try to prevent people from being trans.
This is like saying you can't love cancer patients if you hate cancer.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Having one's dick and balls or boobs chopped off is stupid.

Such are humans though.

A few people hate it,

But most people if they were being honest, just shake their heads and let numpties play numpty.

Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@sadolite
I think the reason some if not the majority of  people hate the LGBTQ community is so self evident in so many ways one would have to choose to  be willfully intellectually dishonest and blind to not see why.
could you elaborate?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
This is like saying you can't love cancer patients if you hate cancer.
No, its not like that.

Trans people want to be trans.

So yes, saying that you love trans people while wanting them to stop being trans people is a contradiction and nonsense.

Even a social transition is extremely harmful. Opposing harm coming to your child is good.
As I said, its not about any kind of chopping off dicks.

You oppose to everything about trans, any type of transitioning.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Moozer325
You need elaboration on something that is self evident. I stand by my comment.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Best.Korea
I stand by my comment.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
Trans people want to be trans.
Suicidal people want to commit suicide

As I said, its not about any kind of chopping off dicks.
It's still harmful. Not everything that excludes cutting off your dick is harmless
sadolite
sadolite
The only reason anyone would ask me to elaborate is because they are not confident in their support or position. They absolutely know the reasons for non support but choose to ignore them. Their support or position is based solely on wanting to fit in and be liked. (To not risk being canceled)
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@sadolite
I asked you to elaborate because you didn’t actually provide any reasoning. You can’t defend a position if your only reason is “common sense”. I want to debate you a little about this, so please provide something can debate with.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
Suicidal people want to commit suicide
Not all trans people commit suicide, but those who do usually come from Christian families.

It's still harmful. Not everything that excludes cutting off your dick is harmless
Driving a car is harmful.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Swagnarok
Gay men are 12x more likely than straight men to use amphetamines, 9.5x more likely to use heroin, and solid 25% of gay and transgender Americans are alcoholic.
This statistic doesn’t necessarily support your position. First of all, being Gay is completely Independent of using substances. You can be can and not so drugs or drink alcohol. Therefore, you shouldn’t be opposed to  all LGBTQ people, you should be opposed to LGBTQ people who do drugs and are alcoholic. Second, there isn’t only one explanation for these stats. Many LGBTQ people go through hard times not being accepted by their loved ones and families, and many suffer from depression and anxiety. These often lead to drugs and alcohol to cope. You should be opposed to drugs, not LGBTQ people if you look at the statistics.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@WyIted
How is changing your sex harmful?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
Not all trans people commit suicide, but those who do usually come from Christian families.
Nobody said they did. The point was that it isn't hateful to prevent people from.harming themselves.

Driving a car is harmful.
Yes, which is why we ban children from doing it. 
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@WyIted
Yes, which is why we ban children from doing it. 
Ridding in a car is just a dangerous, and children aren’t banned from that.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Moozer325
How is changing your sex harmful?
Other than the effects to society at large and if we limit this to the domain of adults then.

It increases your chances of suicide, aids, unhappiness and being in an abusive relationship