Lunatic
Owen
Wylted

^
Towniest
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
I'd like a claim from Austin first before a hammer, but he just seems very anti-town to me.
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@Mharman
I can fill in. But if you have someone else in mind, by all means. 
Mharman
Mharman
I just wanted to get that out before the DP ends.

I still prefer a lynch on Austin but you guys can do whatever. I’m not going to hard push the rest of town to commit to my plan like I did in the previous game’s DP1.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Barney
I am staying in now lol.
Mharman
Mharman
I’ll check back in at around 2. Peace out for now.

JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@WyIted
what do you want from me

Just give your thoughts. 
I did

Bro there is only a few hours left
we have like 4 hours that’s plenty of time for him to claim
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@Mharman
@WyIted
@JoeBob
I think Luna or I is going to be a likely target for the night kill. Just to play things safe, I'm going to use my magistrate ability on Luna, and I want all town protective roles to target Luna tonight. Either I die at night or I succeed, but I won't get mislynched.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
give me a sec. Don't hammer, just woke up.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
You're not gonna be NKed lol.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Fullclaim: dreamer

Yeah that's it. Sorry. I never had results - HOWEVER, I believe that my actions helped town significantly and I will explain why in a moment.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
So initially, my thing was meant to be a softclaim. However, I have a gutread on Savant being scum so I decided to pressure him to see how he reacted. Mafia have an inherent informational advantage because they can lie all they want and are informed of who is town, while town is unsure of who is scum and usually have to tell the truth.

By lying as town, this informational advantage is negated, putting mafia on equal footing where they have to adapt to a situation in which their reactions can potentially be recognized as scummy.

Savant, Wylted, and Lunatic are the most active posters here, and tend to be pretty strong town players, which is why I chose those three to resolve - because either I would find them as scum d1 (a huge benefit to town) or find several as town d1 (also a benefit to town). The risk of this was a misdirection of town's efforts, but considering that most other players are fairly inactive or tend to be less polarized as different alignments, I felt that resolving this group of three players was worth it.

Wylted is basically locktown for how he responded to my character claim - he would need to have thought of the entire gambit, ask Casey about a character and role, weirdly counterclaim in a way that could have been seen as scummy if it went any differently, and then convincingly retract.

Luna is also close to to locktown for a simple reason - his reaction was uninformed. If he was legitimately a scum in the group of three, he would have no reason to believe that I was lying. His recognition that I was likely pulling a town gambit makes a lot more sense from a town perspective.

That leaves Savant, who I do believe was pretty scummy early on, but I think his reaction to pressure and willingness to put himself in the POE with Luna early on trends very towny.

This also allows us to analyze whiteflame and Mharman's responses, later on, to find whether they were informed of whether there really was a scum in the group of three.

Leaving a solid POE of Earth/Joebob/Owen. Earth towntold by unvoting Savant when he had no reason to do so and Savant was looking very sketchy, Joe towntold by making that weird "how do I scum hunt" post. Leaving Owen + likely whiteflame/Mharman.

Anyway, I know it's tempting to just lynch me based on "lynch all liars", but you need to consider my motivations. What motivation do I have to draw all this attention to myself, almost getting myself to L - 1, just to claim that three people are likely town, and make a significantly narrowed POE? It makes a lot more sense as a gambit to try and force a high pressure situation to resolve active posters.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
I've never seen town Austin lie like this, but you've played with him more than I have.
I lie a lot as town. If you want, I can link a few of my offsite games where I faked a guilty on someone and they confessed to scum, or where I put out a fake read in order to reaction test. Again, it's the only way to fight against mafia's informational advantage (other than just figuring out if they're lying, but good scum players tend to make that hard)

I also fakeclaimed Super Saint in Mahabharata as well.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Anyway we still have a few hours. No need to rush this. I'd prefer to remain alive so I can force mafia to waste their night actions on me, but ymmw. Just take a look at my post so you can understand the town motivation behind my actions.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
I need your reads on this. As town, I think Austin tends to give "safer" lies that have a clear benefit. I don't really buy the role claim, and I think a lot of the benefit Austin is saying resulted from his lie isn't something he could have anticipated. But I don't have as much experience with Austin as you do.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I have no qualms with Austin’s explanation and actually figured that most of that would be the case here. I am fine with it all. Only thing is I thing he may be dismissing earth from the the POE too easily. Regardless I do think Austin is town. And I do think lying as town can be beneficial when done correctly. In Austin’s case I mostly would have been disappointed if it ended in savants mislynch or resulted in power roles being forced to claim, but I don’t think the fallout here was too detrimental and I agree overall it did bolster a lot of activity and town reads for me. 

Yeah I’m okay with all of that.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
Do you want to lynch Owen then?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Savant
This lie had a clear benefit (resolving active players as likely town) and close to zero risk (notice that you were never in danger of getting launched). There is no scum motivation behind it. Rly not that hard. You are town tho so that's nice.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
You're right on that regard, was going to correct that actually. Earth is a townlean but the unvote on Savant is pretty much the only reason for it.
Savant
Savant
An Austin + WyIted team would be interesting. Maybe they came up with the cc thing well in advance and scripted it out. But we can look at that at a later day phase.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I’m about to go to sleep, I don’t think there’s enough in Owen to justify a lynch. I’m okay with a no lynch this day phase atm. 
Savant
Savant
Unvote

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
Unvote

So, just to be clear, you softclaimed a day variant of your role to place the focus on three players so that we could behaviorally read their responses?

It definitely isn't a first for you to do something like this, especially given the Super Saint fake claim back in the Mahabharata game, but it does feel like it uniquely handicaps you since the Dreamer role can be interfered with simply by visiting the Dreamer. I also don't know why you'd risk a mislynch until the waning hours of the DP over this.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
Yep.

I weighed the risks and benefits. Considering that Casey said it was a rolemad game, it seemed likely that town players would visit me anyway, if only by accident. In contrast, now town players know to avoid me, basically forcing mafia to waste their night actions or whatever on me.

I don't think I risked a mislynch?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Also, a word of advice: if there is a cop or something out there, I would 100% expect that mafia has framers or lawyers or smth, so be careful and don't pick an obvious investigation target.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
cuz that would fit perfectly with the theme of this game lol
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@whiteflame
@Savant
@JoeBob
I think austin should be lynched but we have atleast 5 people here with overlapping POEs. Let's make a decision. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Votes:

Austin (2/5): Mharman, WyIted
JoeBob (1/5): Owen
Earth (1/5): Lunatic
Owen (1/5): Austin

Less than 3 hours remain in the DP.

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
Yeah, Austin did exactly what I thought he was doing.