Author: Casey_Risk

Read-only
Total: 884
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@WyIted
Wylted, it's possible bro. I'm looking back at the first couple pages and he had savant as his lynch immediately and had us in his town pile when we had only made a couple of posts. This has been more or less consistent with his thoughts and analysis the whole day phase. The only thing with him being scum I have an issue with is why he wouldn't want me and you claiming, and why he would pass you off as town knowing he could mislynch you. It's like he actually has results on savant or something and knows we are town.

This is why I kept thinking that he was town pulling a reaction gambit.

Now my thoughts are changing a bit. I am wondering if he is a 3rd party lyncher, whose goal is to quickly lynch savant dp1 and then try to side with town (why he is putting us in his town pile). This theory makes more logical sense to me than him straight up being a town investigator who got extremely lucky with a mafia in his results dp1. Like that is insane and I don't think casey mentioned this would be a real swingy game, just that it was a rolemad game. Pie helped him too, and pie doesn't really design like that.

Something is up with austin here, and third party lyncher kind of sounds like the most plausible option right now. His actions don't seem town or scum motivated to me. But then I have been fooled my austin before. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
I-I've gotta find someone to pin this on... Someone like... him! I'll make it look like HE did it!

This was the qoute in the OP. And it's starting to make a lot of sense. lol
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@JoeBob
Yeah, JoeBob, that's not cool. The rules say not to converse about the game outside approved chats. The thread you made might not specifically be about this game, but you are still asking for strategy advice that would affect it. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Behaviorally my top two reads are earth and mharman. For reasons explained earlier, which might have got lost in the madness of the dreamer results. 
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@Lunatic
One thing that is crossing my mind is him being legitimately a day cop and lying saying he is a dreamer or insinuating it to maybe survive an extra dp. I know he has a self preservation instinct but now is the time to be honest and now that I think about it, it makes a lot of sense that he is a daycop in which case we can just go ahead and lynch savant
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Casey_Risk
It's hard not to town read him after the thread. It seems unfair to the scum team tbh.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WyIted
Yeah its kind of on austin at this point to decide if he wants to elaborate here. I just don't really understand why he would do the dreamer thing at all. I am also kind of wondering if he was a certain role pie had not long ago... but I don't want to specify too much on that. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@whiteflame
Can you close JoeBob's thread temporarily? Just until this game is over, so it doesn't affect the game unnecessarily. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Lunatic
There is actually another reason he has a solid scum read on savant. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/11342-ace-attorney-mafia-dp1?page=2&post_number=55

His ego could be doing all the talking here. Fake a dreamer result and bus savant on dp1 to prove something
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Casey_Risk
Done.
WyIted
WyIted
Okay I think I soved the puzzle and it is just odd.

unvote VTL savant

Essentially austin is either a town day cop and risking a mislynch on lunatic with his bullshit or  Austin is bussing his scum partner. Either way savant is scum
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@WyIted
If you think that Austin is lying, vote for him and pressure him to reveal the truth. Don't lynch me because Austin is lying.
Savant
Savant
-->
@WyIted
Especially if you think he could be a third party lyncher.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@whiteflame
Thoughts?
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
I'm working on those. Keep getting interrupted.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@WyIted
I just realized something. The description says "This is a 9-player game with 2 mafia players." It does not specify 7 town players, which makes me think there is probably a 3rd-party role. In which case, that 3rd party is probably Austin.
Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
Unvote

VTL Austin
Savant
Savant
-->
@Owen_T
Hold on. We don't win by lynching 3rd party players. We win by lynching scum.
Savant
Savant
But if you buy this 3rd party thing, it means I'm probably town.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@WyIted
I don't think Austin is a day cop. If he had a guilty, he'll probably just jump up and say x is guilty.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Driving to work, will be back in an hour or so. I’ll wanna wait for Austin and Whiteflame to give some thoughts here anyway 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Post 528 by savant is really townie btw. And I agree entirely. Under the theory that Austin is 3p lyncher I’d rather just have him lose by not fulfilling his wincon. Then he can help town later since he’s already in second place. Doesn’t make sense to give scum a numbers advantage 
Lunatic
Lunatic
unvote for now. My gut isn’t sitting right with savant

JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@WyIted

It’s not the proper time for this he could ask the question in this thread or wait for the game to be done.
calm down
Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
Unvote

Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@WyIted
Now operating under the assumption that Austin is third party, he can't ask about characters. This makes it harder for him to fake his character, and holding steadfast when he got counterclaimed is further evidence that he probably is Maya Fey. This doesn't really add up, since I don't see anything in Maya Fey's wiki that would have to do with a third party lyncher.

Though it's possible Austin did lie about his character and stuck to his guns when counterclaimed, or that there's something about Maya I'm not seeing.
Savant
Savant
One benefit of lynching Austin though is that he could be scum, and mathematically we waste the least number of lynches. Lynching Luna and I just to find out that Austin is third party is basically handing the win to scum.
Mharman
Mharman
heats just ended… they are having a break before the main event

you know what? I actually respect the hell out of Lunatic for not claiming. It’s a move that screams “I don’t need to blend in”

And honestly, looking at this game from that angle makes more sense

I’m down to go for Savant or Austin

AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
I'm not going to fullclaim unless I'm at L - 1. I think Savant's push on the TP thing reads more performative than anything. It's also easy to look towny when you're legitimately hunting for a third party faction so I don't rly give him much credit in that regard.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
I am not gonna ask you to full claim. But can you at least confirm that the part of your results with me and wylted in it being bullsh1t to some degree? Because your reads and actions seem to indicate that’s it’s really only ever been savant