Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 742
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
How about this: you claim, and then I’ll personally support getting a claim from the remaining people. You know I’m pretty convincing 
Well not all of them. I just hate getting too many claims. 

I feel like I basically told you my claim. I guess let savant Stat unclaimed. Get one from mharman due to him likely being Mia a lot and see how much info we can get from whiteflame. 

I am the clan recruiting mechanism and I can neighborize people (recruit to clan) on odd nights. 

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Unvote
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Not from Underdog.
Their partner could have come up with it.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
No, but I don't town read them. It seems like you're trying to make us fight each other, which comes across as scummy. Wonder what WyIted thinks about that.
Pie is coming across as disingenuous.  It may be lingering paranoia from watching him last game. I also disagree with his logic, it makes more sense now that he explained it more, but it's a bit of a redflag when I disagree with the logic of certain people. 
WyIted
WyIted
How much experience does savant have? They seem to be good at picking out scum the last 2 games, but just wondering if that is great intuition and not skill? 

I think figuring out whether that was intuition or skill will help me read savant here due to post 90. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
No, but I don't town read them. It seems like you're trying to make us fight each other, which comes across as scummy. Wonder what WyIted thinks about that.
Why is it more concerning to you that I put 420 in my town pool than it is that I put Barney or disc in my town pool, two people who are certainly going to be better at faking town tells than a noob.
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
420-1776 just gave a blatant town slip.
So blatant that it could easily be a scum strategy.
I don't know much about Underdog or if he's ever played Mafia before (I'm assuming he hasn't) but I will say that one time I was playing a game of The Resistance (social deduction board game) with my grandma. It was her first time playing the game and she kind of played dumb the whole time and acted like she didn't quite get it. She ended up being one of the spies and totally pulled the wool over all our eyes.

That being said, I think Underdog is still more likely to be town than scum, but it's something to keep in mind.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Casey_Risk
I NOTICED THAT tactic with noob scum. Playing a bit too much into the "I am dumb" character that is expected of them. 420 doesn't seem to be using that strategy yet
WyIted
WyIted
Your grandma is also likely born with a vagina and a woman with an IQ of 70 Will be better at social dynamics than even a man with an IQ of 150, particularly if they are old and wise. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
@WyIted
Nice strawman. You’re the one fighting with Wylted about some he reads as town. You’re the one trying to remove him from Wylted’s town pile.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
@WyIted
Well not all of them. I just hate getting too many claims. 

I feel like I basically told you my claim. I guess let savant Stat unclaimed. Get one from mharman due to him likely being Mia a lot and see how much info we can get from whiteflame. 
Alright.

Unvote VTL Mharman

I am the clan recruiting mechanism and I can neighborize people (recruit to clan) on odd nights. 
Good you’re solid town.
WyIted
WyIted
Not that I usually withold my vote but the game just started and I can see a pile up happening on mharman. Just know my vote will go on him if he doesn't post unless lunatic can find a way to swap him out

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
How much experience does savant have? They seem to be good at picking out scum the last 2 games, but just wondering if that is great intuition and not skill? 

I think figuring out whether that was intuition or skill will help me read savant here due to post 90. 
He fucked up his first game as scum cause of fluff in Mahabharata Mafia. I don’t think he’s been scum after that. As town he’s always getting lynched or killed the first day, which was a running joke for a while. I think he’s a skilled player, with a couple of rough edges that need smoothing out.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
. As town he’s always getting lynched or killed the first day, which was a running joke for a while. I think he’s a skilled player, with a couple of rough edges that need smoothing out.

Had I known this I probably would not have policy lynched him last game. 

The reason I ask is because I personally scum.hunt by trying to understand the motivations behind what people say, and he seemed incredulous that you were examining his logic behind being antagonistic towards my read of 420

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
@Casey_Risk
I don't know much about Underdog or if he's ever played Mafia before (I'm assuming he hasn't) but I will say that one time I was playing a game of The Resistance (social deduction board game) with my grandma. It was her first time playing the game and she kind of played dumb the whole time and acted like she didn't quite get it. She ended up being one of the spies and totally pulled the wool over all our eyes.

That being said, I think Underdog is still more likely to be town than scum, but it's something to keep in mind.
So this post rings alarm bells for me. If you guys read the previous game, Casey for most of the game was just reiterating what I would say. Here he is sort of reiterating what Savant said earlier.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
The reason I ask is because I personally scum.hunt by trying to understand the motivations behind what people say, and he seemed incredulous that you were examining his logic behind being antagonistic towards my read of 420
It’s a common scum tactic to disrupt reads town have on each other, but it’s still too early. I’m definitely more interested on why he singled out 420, instead of Barney or some else. There is definitely far less going for them than 420.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
Not that I usually withold my vote but the game just started and I can see a pile up happening on mharman. Just know my vote will go on him if he doesn't post unless lunatic can find a way to swap him out
I’ll ping him on Discord. He’s probably playing Overwatch
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted

Also if you’re a cultist, please invite me. I’ve always wanted to be part of a cult
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@ILikePie5
So this post rings alarm bells for me. If you guys read the previous game, Casey for most of the game was just reiterating what I would say. Here he is sort of reiterating what Savant said earlier.
Respectfully, I think it's clear that I added on to what Savant said as opposed to just restating it. Also, Savant seems to be null-reading 420/Underdog at best, while I still think he's most likely town. I just am not yet willing to dismiss the idea that he could be scum. For now though, I townread him. Actually, right now he's the only one that I townread. Everyone else is null for me.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
Respectfully, I think it's clear that I added on to what Savant said as opposed to just restating it. Also, Savant seems to be null-reading 420/Underdog at best, while I still think he's most likely town. I just am not yet willing to dismiss the idea that he could be scum. For now though, I townread him. Actually, right now he's the only one that I townread. Everyone else is null for me.
Debatable. But it’s still early and not everyone has participated yet
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s a common scum tactic to disrupt reads town have on each other, but it’s still too early. I’m definitely more interested on why he singled out 420, instead of Barney or some else. There is definitely far less going for them than 420.
Yeah, I am glad you realize this because when I point out thay tactic when scum reading somebody, it is almost always dismissed and the tell is still about 80% accurate. 

Also if you’re a cultist, please invite me. I’ve always wanted to be part of a cult
I am not, but I have always wanted to be. I also this game is definitely too small for one. 

Yeah, I think I will recruit you. Not 100% though. 

So this post rings alarm bells for me. If you guys read the previous game
Will skim her posts but they seemed even more half assed than the one you pointed to. 
WyIted
WyIted
I really wish you didn't bring up him breaking up reads because I wanted to see if it was a one off thing or a pattern this game. If it was a ge uine scum tell, he won't repeat it
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
I really wish you didn't bring up him breaking up reads because I wanted to see if it was a one off thing or a pattern this game. If it was a ge uine scum tell, he won't repeat it
Ya probably shouldn’t have in hindsight, but I’m fine getting a claim from him after Mharman pulls up
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
@WyIted
Why is it more concerning to you that I put 420 in my town pool than it is that I put Barney or disc in my town pool
Because I didn't pay attention to why you town read those people. I'm questioning the logic D_D is using, not your instincts. I'm willing to go with your instincts/reads for now, I'm just saying it's a possibility.

Nice strawman.
I believe you made that post to try and make us argue with each other. You can deny that was your intention, but I think it likely was.

You’re the one fighting with Wylted about some he reads as town. You’re the one trying to remove him from Wylted’s town pile.
Wylted's town pile will likely stay how it is because it's based on first impressions and intuition. I'm explaining why I don't personally buy that 420 must be town independently of Wylted's intuition.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WyIted
I get off work soon, probably straight to bed right after. I will put more effort into the game tomorrow as it will be a day off for me. In the meantime my reads...

Confirmed town - None

Solid town: Wylted and 420 (reasons explained prior)

Lean town - Casey and Pie (purely vibes)

Null - Everyone else not mentioned (didn't stand out or inactive).

Lean scum - Whiteflame (possible attempt to derail game slightly by provoking the 88er with the word jew).

Savant (Acting more paranoid than is rational. Possible attempt to limit town pool).

Confirmed scum - None
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
No idea why Wylted was tagged in the above post. I typed it on my phone so probably skimmed the reply button while scrolling.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
VTL Whiteflame

For being in my scum pool and that of my top town read.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
@WyIted
Also why is whiteflame everyone's top scum read? Because he's not posting much? He's got way too much experience playing for that to be an obvious giveaway he's scum.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Sorry I've been absent for much of the DP so far. Had the day off, but a combination of keeping my dog calm as fireworks go off outside and taking my wife to the stables for a riding lesson (sincerely don't know why she did it in this heat) kept me busy.

That being said, I've read over the DP and I've got thoughts to get out before I try to sleep through this cacophany.

Wylted - Given his stated claim, I think it's very likely that WyIted is town. That being said, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that we've had a scum mason before (I want to say it was GP who had the role), and the Neighborizer doesn't look distinct, so I can't say that he's confirmed town. The timing of the claim is a bit off to me (he wasn't under pressure from anyone apart from Pie), and the role is inherently unconfirmable until DP2 given that it's an odd night usage, but given that the role at least can be confirmed, he's my strongest townread.

420-1776 - As others have already suggested, I'm tempted to see him as pretty townie for his responses so far, especially the statement that there's "one murderer" and not understanding a town slip. The way it's stated just doesn't come off as something he would be coached into saying by a partner, I just don't buy it. So at least behaviorally, he's town.

iLikePie5 - I've seen Pie pull pretty similar tactics as town and scum. He's been a little less aggressive this time around (I haven't seen him recruiting strongly for lynches or pinging more people to draw attention to a given post), but that doesn't strongly indicate anything for me. The post that draws my eye more than anything is #106, and while it is parroting a point made by WyIted about where attention has been drawn and why Savant has been focused on 420 over other players, I do think it's valid. The back-and-forth hasn't looked like buddying for much of this DP, so I'm slightly townreading Pie atm.

Savant - While I agree with Savant's initial post about people deriving too much from limited posts, I do think his focus on 420 over other players so far is odd. He shifts in his latest post to saying that he's just saying "it's a possibility," which seems like he's hedging more in his argument. I get his perspective that there's reason to get more posts and see if anything comes up that changes our perspective on him, but it's not just WyIted's intuition that is at play here. I'm still puzzling out his posts, but this seems very WIFOM-focused.

Discipulus_didicit - Null for now. It's been a while since I've seen DD play and I'd like to re-read some of his previous games. Not sure I get where his vibes are coming from or where his scum lean on me derives (I guess I did say Jew, you got me there), but his posts prior to his reads have been short and targeted and I think his early pushback on efforts to sus 420 make me townread him a bit.

Barney - I'm trying to understand the townreads on Barney. I see 5 posts so far in the DP, the first two of which are joke posts (I did like them), as is the fourth. The third post had some substance in the view that Casey being declared town by WyIted somehow gave WyIted town cred, and while I understand why WyIted might be prone to townreading that, I don't get why anyone else would. And the last post is just a perspective on whether claims do more harm than good. He's a null read for me atm, nothing here stands out.

Mharman - Absent so far. Null.

Casey_risk - The early post picking up the lack of a theme split still has me slightly townreading them. Not really sure what to make of their post about playing The Resistance with their grandmother, who I guess was feigning ignorance and scooped the game, but they're townreading 420 as well in spite of that uncertainty, so this is still a town lean for me.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Savant
Not sure why I was tagged in this, I already explained my read on Whiteflame.