Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 742
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@Savant
Yes, I am very against that. Also the fact that he claimed that and is un-cc'd makes him confirmed as far as I'm concerned
I sensed that he was a light cop like a 1.5x, but likely with random sets of events and not literally 1.5x or 2x. What exactly should claim a 2x cop? 

Would innocent child be a CC?

Would watcher?

I don't think we can just assume he is the only role that gets information, or that he said anything that would cause an investigative ability to need to CC
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
What should I be looking at with barney to change my mind on that town read? 
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
No scum hunting. Fluff. That’s off the top of my head
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
Okay, will reread after I have a full set of netherite armor
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
Really desperate to throw suspicion any way the wind blows, aren't we?
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WyIted
Like you said this is how he always is as town or scum and I haven't played with him in years so can't distinguish which myself.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
Really desperate to throw suspicion any way the wind blows, aren't we?
I just want his claim. Plus he tends to be a backbencher as scum. Gotta keep him honest. I’m still for No Lynching
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Ultimately I think of we lynch Barney and we are wrong we lose a fluffy machine vs if we lynch Whiteflame and we are wrong we lose an engaged player and cop.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Fluff machine*
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ILikePie5
Plus he tends to be a backbencher as scum. 
Is he as town as well?
Mharman
Mharman
So earlier I asked y'all to think about alternative scum team theories. I hope y'all did so, because I want to hear yours and get thoughts on mine. I'm done thinking about mine. I have four alternative theories that I don't currently believe, but am thinking about. But first I want to talk more about the main theory, or the one I currently believe:

Main Theory: Savant-Whiteflame:
I've said it earlier, but I don't buy Whiteflame's claim. The justification makes no sense. I know Lunatic is experimenting more this game and that in the past he has said my type of analysis here is a bad idea, but I just don't see how he would put a cop in this game. Him experimenting means trying new ideas, not revisiting old ones that have failed him in the past. Even after his claim, he was still being weirdly secretive, which Disc rightfully called him out on.

As for Savant, Disc made the insinuation of a link between them earlier, and it's looking very likely. Savant has constantly been defending Whiteflame despite how scummy he is. And again at the start of the game, he made no contributions, only rebuttals to what others were saying. It doesn't just read like a fake contribution, it reads like an easy way to springboard into accusations of others; chiefly, Pie. I still don't like his defense either. In a role madness game, saying "I can be confirmed if I'm not roleblocked" is just asking for a roleblock. I think a townie would be more aware of this fact. I think it's a move to buy more time.

Alternative Theory #1: Pie-Disc:
Earlier when I was typing out some random thoughts I had, I mentioned that I was surprised the rest of town jumped off my train so quickly. Again, I'm thrilled to not be a mislynch target, but part of me thinks it was way too easy to get them off my back. Specifically, Pie (who started the train on me) and Disc (who said he was ready to lynch me). That is the birthplace of this theory.

Starting with Pie, getting me online and pointing out my inactivity is an easy way to get town cred. Earlier I said that I know Pie, and he would let me fall inactive if he were scum, because it makes his job easier. However, so is gaining the free town cred of getting me online. The thing that really bothers me however, is his claim hunting. While I said earlier that it might have more merit than I gave it credit for, I'm still unsure. While Whiteflame's claim is quite scummy imo, in a world where he is town, Pie's behavior looks weird. Earlier he said claim hunting has no drawback whatsoever, and I'm not convinced. A mafia team can definitely still make decent fake claims if all they have to state is their type of character, and it doesn't really hurt their effort to find the strongest PRs in town either. Furthermore it provides the mafia with something to do, that doesn't really help town (again, mafia fake claims and all). Another thing that rubs me the wrong way is that he seems way too cooperative with others, and follows with what their doing, even mirroring their sentiments. It's probably just Pie being a deal maker to keep the game going and get the information he wants, but it doesn't rub me the right way. Wylted gives a list of people in his town bloc, Pie goes after everyone else. Barney starts working on claims, Pie's there to help. Wylted suggests getting a claim from me after Pie notices my inactivity, Pie goes for it. Recently, he and Disc have been on the same wavelength the whole way.

Which leads me to Disc. I've never seen someone say they were so ready to lynch someone and then back off almost immediately. He agrees with Pie on pretty much everything, which is a little unsettling, but not impossible for town. It's not much, but his connection to Pie is very strong.

Alternative Theory #2: Pie-Wylted:

For Pie, everything in this alternative theory remains the same. The difference is that Wylted is the possible teammate. Onto him.

Wylted has been erratic and hard to read all game, but I am getting a grip on what he's doing. At the start of the game, he all but claimed Grand Warden, only to play it all off like a joke. This reads like he's looking for reactions, and possibly, as Disc noted earlier, baiting someone into a counter claim. He may have doing this to look for townies, which is fine and all, if he didn't hint it being potentially investigative. In a hypothetical world where Savant-Whiteflame looks unlikely, this could also be an attempt to find the cop for NK targeting. Alternatively, he may have been looking to set up his own fake cop claim for later in the game if he wasn't CC'd, assuming there is no real cop and mafia was told by Lunatic that there isn't a cop (which I've seen Lunatic do before). As I said earlier, he worked well with Pie on a lot, establishing something of a link. Recently he's said he scumreads Pie, but that doesn't automatically mean he does. Wylted can change his mind at any second, sure, but he can also "change his mind" at any second. Besides, I've seen Pie and a teammate hard bus each other before, and this could be the beginning of a setup for it. While it was with RM last time, Wylted is the type of guy I can see working with Pie to do it again.

Alternative Theory #3: Casey-420:

I've been putting a lot of faith into 420 being town, but even he is not exempt from reexamination. As I said earlier, he has hit a point where one has to question how genuine his noobslips are. I gave an anecdote about me doing the same thing in my first game as a defense. While I do stand by it, a world where I am wrong on it is the hypothetical I fear the most. Since then, he still hasn't given me any of his reads, or tried to do anything.

If he's scum, the most likely teammate would be Casey. While I've found myself agreeing with a lot of what Casey has said, I find it weird to have an anecdote where his grandma feigned ignorance to snooker a game from him, and then to turn around and say "but I don't think that's what 420's doing." Everywhere else, he still gives me town vibes, but I have no idea what he sees in 420 that would make him disregard that previous experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are my alternative theories. All in all, these were more of a thought experiment and a way to make sure we're not missing anything, mostly so I can feel comfortable about finalizing a decision. For this reason, I want to y'all to tell me what you think about the alternative theories, and if you've had anything that's been poking at you in the back of your mind (at least what you're comfortable saying in-thread).

I will look a bit more into these alternatives before the DP ends, but for now, I'm going to stick with the Savant-Whiteflame idea. As I said earlier, it feels awkward and maybe wrong, but I still can't find a good reason why it actually is wrong. All the alternatives are here in case someone actually finds a good reason for me to be wrong.

Because of the risk reward of it all that I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm still going with Whiteflame over Savant. My vote isn't final here, but since our time is running low, I will place one on him to maybe get something going.

VTL Whiteflame
Mharman
Mharman
that took forever to type
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Is he as town as well?
I think so ya
Lunatic
Lunatic
Official Vote Count:

Barney- 2/5- DD, pie
iLikePie5- 1/5- savant
420- 1/5- Barney
Whiteflame- 1/5- Mharman

19 hours remaining

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ILikePie5
Okay. That is vaguely how I remember him as town so you and several others saying that is what his town play is like makes me want to just assume it is true.
Savant
Savant
Alternative Theory #1: Pie-Disc
I was wondering that as well but that main theory makes me suspect Mharman as possible scum. Guessing teams this early on is basically an exercise in futility though. Easier to just find the scummiest players.
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Ultimately I think of we lynch Barney and we are wrong we lose a fluff machine vs if we lynch Whiteflame and we are wrong we lose an engaged player and cop.
How are male players supposed to perform without a fluff machine? 🤨

False dilemma anyways. The lynch is inevitably going to be 420.
Savant
Savant
In conclusion...we can agree on nothing.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
How are male players supposed to perform without a fluff machine? 🤨

False dilemma anyways. The lynch is inevitably going to be 420.
Can you please claim
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mharman
I hope y'all did so, because I want to hear yours and get thoughts on mine
Your top theory matches with mine, though I am less sure of Savant than I was before. His tunneling of pie seems like potential town behavior to me. I don't agree with the pie scum read but there is the thought that if Savant was scum he would see it was going nowhere and back off of it.

I can honestly see where you are coming from with the DD-pie theory. I know it is incorrect obviously because I know I am town but it is a solid piece of analysis which solidifies my town read on you. I also got some potential buddying vibes from pie a few pages ago after he dropped a reads list that basically matched mine and had me as a top town read. I am not going to worry about it now but I have decided I am going to reassess him from scratch when DP 2 comes around.

I see where you could be coming from with the pie-wylted theory but from memory I think this kind of interaction is normal between them no matter their affiliations. I don't think it is likely.

I still think Casey and 420 are town. How long has Casey been playing? I get the impression that they aren't a noob but might not have as much experience as some others here either.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
To answer you earlier tag, Whiteflame and Savant. Had Barney in my scum pile earlier (and I still don't really like some of his behavior), but I think the cases against Whiteflame and Savant are objectively stronger. As you can see from my vote, I prefer Whiteflame.
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
Can you please claim
I will tomorrow.

I don’t see it  as yet in towns best interest to do a mass full claim. For one thing, the mystery messes with scum.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
His tunneling of pie seems like potential town behavior to me. I don't agree with the pie scum read but there is the thought that if Savant was scum he would see it was going nowhere and back off of it
Interesting.

How long has Casey been playing? I get the impression that they aren't a noob but might not have as much experience as some others here either.
True, but I think he's already pretty good... he did win that last game as mafia.

Everything else you said is fair, but not really new to me.
Mharman
Mharman
I don’t see it  as yet in towns best interest to do a mass full claim. For one thing, the mystery messes with scum.
I do like this from Barney.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
unvote VTL whiteflame

I think the general consensus is between this and a no lynch. I will attempt to epically debate everyone out of the no lynch idea after dinner.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@whiteflame
@Savant
If anyone has any more fair points about a case for Whiteflame and/or Savant being innocent, now would be a good time to let me know. Tagging them in this so they may try and strengthen their defenses.

The thing is, my mind and gut are saying two different things. My mind doesn't think their defenses are tenable, but my gut hates the prospect of lynching someone who says they can self-confirm and someone who is a claimed an un-CC'd cop. Going back to my chess analogy, I'm looking for a refutation to the move my mind likes but my gut hates. I will favor my mind in the end, but until then I don't want to cast my gut feelings away.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I absolutely hate the idea of VTNLing here. I hate it far more than a mislynch.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Official Vote Count:

Whiteflame- 2/5- Mharman, DD
Barney- 1/5-  pie
iLikePie5- 1/5- savant
420- 1/5- Barney
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
There’s one specific thing I’ve noticed based on what Wylted’s claim and my role that strengthen my view that WF is fake claiming. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or if it’s a trend. I need to check Luna’s previous game.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Mharman
I absolutely hate the idea of VTNLing here. I hate it far more than a mislynch.
Why?