UPick Mafia DP4

Author: AustinL0926

Total: 262
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@Barney
like when I measure the slope of a line in every question the x has always came first and now I answer this question and they y comes first. in fraction form the x has gone beneath on the fraction a few times and now all of a sudden the y is the bottom number, when measuring changes in a slope. I feel like these math rules are inconsistent and wrong.

I feel like math is wrong, and I am right
WyIted
WyIted
Why would math have a slope anyway, this is geometry
WyIted
WyIted
last of me bitching about math but they are doing this thing where they are listing the x numbers on top of the y numbers, but it ends up when you solve the x is always on bottom of Y, so they should have just listed the Y numbers first. They are doing this in a very unintuitive way
WyIted
WyIted
The problem is that as a high IQ individual, I want to understand the why and naturally distrust everything. It would be better if I was a midwit and could skip past the why's, put my head down and just do math without asking why things work the way they do. Perhaps I will pledge to only do math while drunk to make up for being a genius.
WyIted
WyIted
This is also why I don't trust midwits as scientists.

teacher - white blood cells kill the bodies invaders

midwits- okay, I believe this without wondering why

ggeniuses- well at my 13th birthday party my uncles dick invaded my body, so maybe I should look at this in a more nuanced way to really figure out what is happening
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
If you need any help, let us know.

I'll revote later after I read a bit more.

Unvote
Just finished and emailed
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
I think he lives in a predominantly white area, so perhaps we should give him the win
I thought I did, but I came back from college and it’s dominated by Muslims. It’s depressing.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
last of me bitching about math but they are doing this thing where they are listing the x numbers on top of the y numbers, but it ends up when you solve the x is always on bottom of Y, so they should have just listed the Y numbers first. They are doing this in a very unintuitive way
Post an example and I will help in exchange for you hammering yourself
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@Lunatic
@ILikePie5
@WyIted
*Drum roll...*

So I'm like 35% sure it's Wyited, 60% that it's Pie, and 5% that it's Lunatic (yes, I know it's stupid).

Part of me wants to fight on the whole vig shot (Casey would have prevented it being used, if that's what happened), but a greater part hates when games get decided like that (not to say we shouldn't get role information, but trying to over analyze anything the host does crosses some lines).

I do hate the spam today. I vote we all make it a policy to kill anyone who does it like that in future (not saying a few posts is bad, but like consolidate some thoughts; with so few of us left there shouldn't be 9 pages).

Reviewing that post from Pie (https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/11290-upick-mafia-dp4?page=5&post_number=137) Wyited not being pro-active today does stick out (not implying alignment... more of just I'm ok killing the lazy).

I'm ready to end the game. I think Wyited is somewhat less likely to be scum, but I can vote for him. For one thing, if today ends in a stalemate, the outcome is exactly the same anyways, merely with an extra day phase.

@Wyited, any post of yours you want me to read (or re-read) first? I gave Pie that curtsey, so it's only fair that I do the same for you.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Barney
Honestly I think you need to just take a look at your intuition. You and lunatic have the same intuition that pie is scum and his vigorous defense is creating an emotional drive to override that intuition. 

There is not any computer on the planet that can out calculate the millions of calculations it intuitively takes a human just to catch a ball. 

You and lunatics initial Intuitions were correct and this whole pie deserves the win for trying so hard is silly. I know it is pie from my own POE. 

You know it is pie from your intuition and maybe because his logic is so poor. The arguments I am scum all revolve around thinking I should have used my role differently or something. 

I read my role PM wrong and was 1x lynch proof. There was no need for me to over complicate the things I would have to overcomplicate here to be scum. 

I make high risk high reward plays as scum not any 5D complicated chess moves. Not outside of the NKs anyway. 

In order to think I am scum you have to think I over complicated things with very marginal benefit if any while being high risk. 

I am high risk high reward not high risk low reward. Pie will fight this to the end and I don't have the energy to stay on here and offer a rebuttal for everything and honestly you got better from me as town here than you would have from joebob or moozer or even if Casey was town. You are expecting more from me than I am hiving you now and the defense I am gibing now is more than what any dead townh outside of savant would hive you here. 

If you want to win this game it will only work by forcing lunatic to make a decision of no lynching or lynching pie
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Barney
@WyIted
It's not even that I think pie is town. He probably is scum. The thing is there isn't anything particular damning (to me at least) on either one of you. I have a mountain of WIFOM and WIFOM arguments for both of you being scum, but ultimately all the arguments amount to is just guess work at what I think you would do as scum, or what pie would do as scum. Pie tends to play very similarly as both affiliations, which makes it tough. You read very town to me here as well. Ultimately the only reason I am really choosing pie being town over you is because there is less WIFOM hoops to jump through in order to buy that he is town.

WIFOM HOOP #1: Pie bussed Casey. Pie left Wylted alive thinking he would be an easy mislynch.
OR: He genuinely had results that confirmed me, and you left me alive because you were worried about earth turning on you in the dp4, and maybe you thought you had a better chance at convincing me to lynch pie than you did earth. Either way earth was just as much of a threat if not more of one, so him being your vig target makes just as much sense as scum. 
WIFOM HOOP #2: Austin confirmed Wylted's vig shot would have been used against casey which means that for pie to be scum, pie's role has to be something that commutes other people's actions. Meaning mafia basically have two role preventing roles which as barney pointed out, seems wierd. But not impossible I guess.
OR: Wylted waved the vig kill knowing that casey's role would eventually provide him a good scape goat for not using the kill, and would make it look like  he and casey aren't on the same scum team. 
WIFOM HOOP #3: Pie's rage and frustration is all an act to manipulate me into feeling bad for him
OR: He generally has been putting in a lot of effort since day phase one. He knows he's town, and wylted is kind of skating by on WIFOM logic and POE. This is super frustrating for someone like pie, who as town wants to be able to debate and prove his logic, and most of that is being dismissed because of WIFOM. He is doing the best he can to try and paint someone he knows the be scum as scum and feels genuinely ignored and that no matter what the WIFOM logic will overcome anything he has to say. 

Yeah pie could be scum here, but we don't have any hard evidence to show it. All these WIFOM hoops have regular explanations for them and while we could just keep looking past them and worrying about pie big braining everything, there is also logical reasons for wylted to do everything that has happened as scum. So its more a case of I feel like buying wylted is more town than pie, is purposely jumping through a lot more WIFOM hoops than neccesary just to justify it. Ultimately if pie is scum, he deserves to win and is putting in the utmost effort into staying alive and doing what he feels his best job as townie should be to pursue wylted as the remaining scum.

And we have sat here and talked through almost every option for both people being scum, and still all any of it amounts to is WIFOM. So if we are wrong, we really can't be blamed at this point, and mafia pie kind of deserves the win if anything based on the extreme amount of effort he is putting into defending himself, and trying to pursue the wylted lynch. 
Barney
Barney
-->
@AustinL0926
If we win, consider me to have lost. I do not believe in this, but I do believe in eventually ending the game (for better or worse).

GG everyone!

VTL Wyited
Barney
Barney
And now with the hammer in place, I can reveal that it was really me the whole time. That’s how I was so accurate with stopping NKs!

🤪

Kidding of course.

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Barney
If we win, consider me to have lost. I do not believe in this, but I do believe in eventually ending the game (for better or worse).

GG everyone!

Sorry if I forced your hand here on the vote. On the Brightside, even if we are wrong, we have the added benefit of having pie be in a good mood going into the next one lol. I seriously think he would have blew his lid if we lynched him

WyIted
WyIted
This is just the weirdest stuff I have ever seen. I am not mad about it and pie did a great job. However one of lunatics final posts. 

Pie is .most likely scum let's eliminate wylted

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/11290-upick-mafia-dp4?page=9&post_number=251

Barney's last post pie is most likely to be scum here let's vote Wylted 

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/11290-upick-mafia-dp4?page=9&post_number=252

You guys were just psychologically beaten

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Sorry if I forced your hand here on the vote. On the Brightside, even if we are wrong, we have the added benefit of having pie be in a good mood going into the next one lol. I seriously think he would have blew his lid if we lynched him
I absolutely would’ve and if you lynched me I’m sure Austin would’ve too, just cause Wylted is so obviously scum 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Well GGs anyway
Barney
Barney
-->
@Lunatic
Don’t worry. Given the many oddities in the available information, it’s the flip of a coin for who is innocent.

Also this is a fairly standard scum pile negotiation to achieve a lynch.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I am guessing we won based on wylted and pies posts?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@AustinL0926
Activate advanced gladiator power

WyIted
WyIted
Just so you know that resets the votes and I put in my PM that the advanced gladiator power will be between barney and pie so you can only lynch between those 2
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Wylted was lynched! He was... innocent!

The remaining townies have been endgamed. Congratulations to the mafia team of Pie and Casey for winning!