Explain your Religion

Author: Owen_T

Total: 101
Owen_T
Debates: 25
Owen_T
This forum is to post whether or not you're religious, why you think that, and if you are, why you believe your religion is the best and most probable religion. 

Please be respectful of other's views. Don't try to change anyone's minds in this posts. I just want to see all of the different perspectives out there.

Moozer325
Debates: 13
Moozer325
I’ll start I guess. I’m atheist, which for me at least doesn’t mean I 100% confident that there isn’t a god, I just haven’t been convinced that there is one yet. 

I don’t think it’s probable that there is a god, but if there was sufficient evidence, I would believe it.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Owen_T
I don't think there is a god because tomorrow the sun will rise, it will become daytime and one off the 2 things will happen:

1. There will be dozens of iterations of whatever happens to be the correct religion with an affirmation.  Example, "Christainty is correct", "Islam is correct", "Hinduism is correct", etc.
  2. There will be no such iterations tomorrow.

Because of this, since we all know #2 will happen, it means I'm an atheist (or at least a believer in a god that doesn't care if he is worshipped or not, so a deist).

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Owen_T
All inclusive data management, either for a reason or by pure chance.

Bowing and scraping to a hypothetical super-being seems a tad ridiculous to me.

But such is the impact of data transfer for others.
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@Owen_T
This forum is to post whether or not you're religious,
Yes I am. 

why you think that,

Divine Revelation on numerous occasions

.and if you are, why you believe your religion is the best and most probable religion. 
Brush, just figure out if God is real or not than let him guide you to the religion. Just make sure it's him guiding you and you can do this by seeing if the religion matches with the divine truth.

Please be respectful of other's views.
No, fuckem 

Don't try to change anyone's minds in this posts.
I won't.  

I just want to see all of the different perspectives out there.

that would take your entire life. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@zedvictor4
All inclusive data management, either for a reason or by pure chance.
This seems to be the case and perhaps could lead somebody to God. We do appear to live in a holographic universe and the hologram is just a visual representation of the data. 

Bowing and scraping to a hypothetical super-being seems a tad ridiculous to me.

Maybe, maybe not. If I were to build a super AI, I might put them in a box first to test their morality and if they were not moral beings who I could trust with ultimate power than I would kill them and eliminate them as a threat. Who knows, if we can prove that we will always do the right thing for the benefit of humanity, no matter how we are treated, perhaps the creator of the program will allow us out of this box and maybe trust us as personal AI companions to real humans or unlock our potential to be a super AI. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
I guess I could say I believe in many Gods. I just reject idea that Gods are good.
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
-->
@Moozer325
The OP asked for religious beliefs and you are describing your atheism.

Do you think atheism is a religion? 🤣
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@IlDiavolo
Do you think0 atheism is a religion
It is according to an anthropological view and according to the United States government who gives atheist organizations , religious tax breaks
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@WyIted
It is according to an anthropological view and according to the United States government who gives atheist organizations , religious tax breaks
Really? Fuck me!!!

I wish this policy exist in my country. I need tax breaks so badly. Haha.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@WyIted
This seems to be the case and perhaps could lead somebody to God. We do appear to live in a holographic universe and the hologram is just a visual representation of the data. 
This is the cosmovision I hold in regards to this reality.

There is a book of Neville Goddard that outlines this vision, "Consciousness is the only reality", which is a perspective that is not far away from what eastern philosophies preach.

Neville says that consciousness is the only real thing that exists, the rest is just a creation of this consciousness or mind so to speak. And the consciousness we have is actually this mind that created the virtual universes (yes, in plural). So, if we call this mind "God" as religions do then we have to say that we all are this "God". The fact that we feel we are an independent being, that we are seperated from the rest, is just an illusion. It seems to be that we all are a unity, an only mind that works in different ways and experiences different things, that you are me and I am you. We are seperated in many minds but interconnected forming one only consciousness. It's like an operating system that has different programs and small computational processes, all of them are interconnected and use the resources of the CPU, but in the end it's only one computer.

To me this is the best approach to this reality, a description in terms of data or information. I mean, I don't see other way to describe this universe, it's the best explanation so far. Besides, this is exactly the same explanation the aliens have given to the contactees. If you ckeck some books of famous contactees you will see the same description, that we are ONE. And I'm pretty sure this has been taught to ancient civilizations, unfortunately humans misinterpreted the lessons and turned it into religions.
FLRW
FLRW

I believe Albert Einstein over Pastor Jim Bakker.
Moozer325
Debates: 13
Moozer325
-->
@IlDiavolo
The definition of atheist is literally “no religion” So how could I say it was a religion? 

Owen also said you could explain your lack of religion in the first post, so I went and did that.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@IlDiavolo
I have listened to a lot of Goddards audio books and they have helped me immensely. I won't elaborate 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Moozer325
Theos is Latin for with God

A as a prifix means without

Atheism. Without god.

It has nothing to do with religion
Owen_T
Debates: 25
Owen_T
-->
@FLRW
Einstein actually believed in Spinoza's God, and stated the he was by no measure an atheist. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Owen_T
On January 3, 1954, Einstein sent the following reply to Gutkind: "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
That was a year before he died, so I guess it took him a while to figure out there was no God.
FLRW
FLRW
“When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.”
― Stephen Hawking
FLRW
FLRW
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FLRW
On January 3, 1954, Einstein sent the following reply to Gutkind: "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
That was a year before he died, so I guess it took him a while to figure out there was no

That is also the type of statement a deist would make. It doesn't mean what you think
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FLRW
Jim baker? Bro he was a grifter.  Why don't you quote a real Christian. Like the pope
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@WyIted
So you like primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@WyIted
You mean like Pope John XII who came to the throne in 955, when he was just 18. Shortly thereafter, he turned his residence into a brothel, gambled with church offerings, and was even accused of castrating a cardinal. Praise the Lord!
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FLRW
It's pretty arrogant to just dismiss the stories of every civilization that have ever existed as "childish".

It's also pretty arrogant and wrong to dismiss their philosophies and understandings of the world in the same way. I doubt you have a more coherent philosophy that the stoics who by the way besides having a great moral philosophy talked of atoms and the earth's cyclical nature long before scientists confirmed they were correct. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@WyIted
What about Pope Alexander VI who became pope in 1492 — but before then he was just Rodrigo Borgia, a member of the notorious Italian crime family the Borgias. And in true crime-family fashion, he used money to buy his way into the papacy. 
He also had several mistresses and fathered at least nine illegitimate children — possibly as a result of hosting orgies. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FLRW
I noticed you thumbs upped your own post lol, but yes give me one of his quotes. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@WyIted
OMG, I'm Pope material!
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FLRW
OMG, I'm Pope material!
That's quite random to day and I noticed that right at 1 second of your post being up it has a single thumbs up and nobody else is currently active in the religion section.

Validation does not count if you do it yourself
FLRW
FLRW
I didn't do it, God did it. He uses me as one of his Angels. 
OBTW, Historian Eamon Duffy describes Pope Julius II, elected in 1503, as "the most ferocious pope of the period —   imperious, hot-tempered, manically active." That's because he used to dress up in silver suit of armor and lead troops up and down Italy, engaging in battles to extend the reach of the church's territory. 
But Julius II had also contracted syphilis, apparently via prostitutes, and on Good Friday in 1508 his feet were so covered by sores that the faithful could not kiss them.
WyIted
WyIted
You can find people saying negative shit about anyone. A diary entry of an orgy you heard about involving the pope from.somebody else who exaggerated because he was drunk and you have no televisions at that time is all it takes for a pope to go down in history as somebody who engaged in orgies. 

Who knows Mayne he did, but I see nothing wrong with fucking women