Consented sex is consented pregnancy. Unwanted pregnancy is irrelevant.

Author: Mall

Total: 76
Amber
Debates: 0
Amber
-->
@Mall
Comparing the social-psychological and physiological nature of human sexual relations to the mere act of lighting (playing with) matches is NOT a legitimate comparison. It is a piss poor analogy with zero merit. No “demonstration” needed to debunk it. It’s a crystal clear apples to oranges (false equivalence) argument.
Period. 
Mall
Debates: 391
Mall
-->
@DavidAZZ
I would say neither of your choices.

I would word it like this in simple terms.

When you engage in sexual intercourse, expect to get pregnant.

Now this may coincide with one of your choices, both, neither, whichever.

But in those simple specific terms is what I'm saying.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Amber
The function of sex, the inherit function of sex compares perfectly to the inherit functions of matches.
Amber
Amber
-->
@Mall
The function of sex, the inherit function of sex compares perfectly to the inherit functions of matches.
No, it doesn't.

Troll 

Mall
Mall
-->
@Amber
No I'm not trolling I'm serious. That can't be refuted or else I would of gotten a serious counter argument.
Amber
Amber
-->
@Mall
No I'm not trolling I'm serious. That can't be refuted or else I would of gotten a serious counter argument.
The. I definitely know 10 year olds smarter than you. 

Not engaging with an uneducated adult putting for preposterous false equivalence analogies. 

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Amber
The. I definitely know 10 year olds smarter than you.  Not engaging with an uneducated adult putting for preposterous false equivalence analogies. 

I maybe should have guessed who began this troll-like thread.    My bad.  This fruit thread was dry { dehydrated } from the get go.

Mall
Mall
-->
@Amber
Still no rebuttals. 
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Mall
@Amber
Comparing the social-psychological and physiological nature of human sexual relations to the mere act of lighting (playing with) matches is NOT a legitimate comparison. 
Maybe I can clarify what Mall is referring to and why it makes sense to him.  It seems like you are relating sex to all the phycological and physical functions and drive while Mall is merely referring to the physical act of intercourse, .

So if this is the case, then you are correct that Mall is comparing apples to oranges as there are so many complexities with sex than just private parts moving together.

However, if Mall is simply referring to the final action of those private parts will produce a baby if the woman is fertile, then an "IF, THEN" action is understandable like matches. 

I'm just trying to further the conversation.

Amber
Amber
-->
@DavidAZZ
However, if Mall is simply referring to the final action of those private parts will produce a baby if the woman is fertile, then an "IF, THEN" action is understandable like matches. 

I'm just trying to further the conversation.
Intercourse is not an "If, then" situation. 
It doesn't always result in a pregnancy. More often than not it does not due to contraception & timing of the month.
Some even have intercourse despite a woman being on her period.

A match will always light when properly stricken.

Still an apples to oranges argument. 
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Amber
ntercourse is not an "If, then" situation. 
It doesn't always result in a pregnancy. More often than not it does not due to contraception & timing of the month.

True, but It's the case that intercourse will produce a baby (with proper circumstances), just like striking a match will produce a fire (with proper circumstances).
Amber
Amber
-->
@DavidAZZ
-->
@<<<Amber>>>
ntercourse is not an "If, then" situation. 

True, but It's the case that intercourse will produce a baby (with proper circumstances), just like striking a match will produce a fire (with proper circumstances).
"but it is the case that..." that's not an IF. THEN in every situation then, now is it. Only in SOME cases, and striking a match will always ignite and produce fire.

Still an apples to oranges analogy that has no relevance to the topic at hand. 
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Amber
Only in SOME cases, and striking a match will always ignite and produce fire.
Amber, I've learned long ago to not argue with a woman who is unwilling to see the other point of view.

You're right. 

What would be a better analogy, in your opinion?
Amber
Amber
-->
@DavidAZZ
I'm perfectly willing to see another point of view so long as it is grounded in reality and logically comparable.

Comparing sexual intercourse to lighting a match is not logically comparable.  

I don't need to come up with a comparable analogy. 

Begin with a false premise, your conclusion is equally false. 

Mall fell on his/her/its face from the start. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@DavidAZZ
Very good and also keep in mind the physical structures and make-ups of a thing that constitute function.

We can figure this with anything. Sexual reproductive organs, matches, fire, other organs,etc.

The issue is when the subject of sex is brought up, people tend to think of social aspects instead of the mechanics of it like mechanics to everything else.
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@Mall
The issue is when the subject of sex is brought up, people tend to think of social aspects instead of the mechanics of it like mechanics to everything else.
Thanks for clarifying.  I couldn't think of a good term, but the "mechanics" of an issue would be a good way to describe what I was trying to say.  The sperm and the egg has a very specific function and, ultimately, intercourse would bring those together.