34 Felony Counts Guilty

Author: ebuc

Total: 400
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
Jury gives Trumpet 34 felony counts of guiltby.

How many MAGA/DADA { Dumb and Dumber } Cultist vote considerations of Trumpet will change  with these 34 felony counts?

1% - 10% - 20% God we can only hope cant we?

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@ebuc
The only thing the guilty verdicts tell these people is that the justice system is rigged.

It’s entirely a results based epistemology. If they win, it’s them. If they lose, it’s everyone else. Heads I win, tails you lose.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
I wonder if they are now allowed to say what the underlying crime actually was.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Trump was found guilty of falsifying New York business records in order to conceal damaging information and unlawful activity from American voters before and after the 2016 election. During the election, TRUMP and others employed a “catch and kill” scheme to identify, purchase, and bury negative information about him and boost his electoral prospects. TRUMP then went to great lengths to hide this conduct, causing dozens of false entries in business records to conceal criminal activity, including attempts to violate state and federal election laws. 
FLRW
FLRW

Greyparrot; BUT Ah Luv TRUMP.  Hees tha smartest parson Ah no!
Best.Korea
Debates: 332
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
No, Greyparrot hates Trump.

He even said so after making 10,000 posts to defend Trump.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Wow, I was actually worried he might just end up getting off on most or all of the charges. I guess not! Considering how all the polls I've seen indicate that support for Trump drops significantly in the case that he is convincted of a crime, I'd say Biden's chances of winning this election have gone up significantly. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@Greyparrot
That would be underlying crimes, 34 to be exact.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
The verdict was worth less than used toilet paper.

New York is a solid blue state. NYC is the bluest part of said state. Alvin Bragg, the New York DA, ran on a pledge of nabbing Trump. Every juror was predisposed to assume Trump's guilt; they may or may not have been actively selected to produce this outcome, given the geographic bias was probably enough on its own. Everyone who isn't a partisan hack knew from the start that there would be a miscarriage of justice today, or at least that the outcome was going to be questionable given the circumstances.

I don't know if the election will be allowed to continue after this. If Trump is literally imprisoned, then Biden will officially be a Putin-style autocrat, with political opponents being jailed akin to Navalny. The fact that stooges of the party who didn't take direct orders from him carried out the crime changes nothing.

And if the election does continue, all we can do is cast our vote on election day to save our 250 year old republic from this rising tide of leftist authoritarianism. Who knows if it'll be enough.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Casey_Risk
Wow, I was actually worried he might just end up getting off on most or all of the charges. I guess not! Considering how all the polls I've seen indicate that support for Trump drops significantly in the case that he is convincted of a crime, I'd say Biden's chances of winning this election have gone up significantly. 
No way he could be found not guilty, hung jury was the best he could hope for.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
Now what?

If he is incarcerated there will be riots in the trailer parks.

cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
It appears that President Biden has already commented on the verdict:

“Biden acknowledged that the verdict in the trial “will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included.” He said that everyone “must acknowledge that the jury has spoken.””

Wow, that is a surprising response! Oh, wait… that was Biden’s take on the Rittenhouse “not guilty” verdict from years ago. Hopefully, he chooses his response more carefully on this one— no response at all would be ideal for his sake.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
If Trump gets reelected, after the way he was treated, he has every moral right to burn the fcking world down. Whatever happens in Ukraine will happen. Same wherever else.
Best.Korea
Debates: 332
Best.Korea
-->
@Swagnarok
after the way he was treated
Yeah, he got blamed for everything he did.

FLRW
FLRW

Did you know that in Melania's prenup if Trump is convicted of a felony she gets all his properties?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Swagnarok
Every juror was predisposed to assume Trump's guilt; they may or may not have been actively selected to produce this outcome
The jurors were selected with the veto power of Trump’s attorneys after having the opportunity to have them questioned and comb through their social media posts.

If Trump is literally imprisoned, then Biden will officially be a Putin-style autocrat, with political opponents being jailed akin to Navalny
Trump is now a convicted felon because of his own actions and disregard for the law. There is absolutely zero evidence that Biden had anything to do with the charges, this isn’t even a federal case so he has no power here whatsoever.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Casey_Risk
Considering how all the polls I've seen indicate that support for Trump drops significantly in the case that he is convincted of a crime, I'd say Biden's chances of winning this election have gone up significantly.
Yeah, but that's assuming people will stand by what they said they would do. Big difference between saying "I will stop supporting a politician if x" and actually following through.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@Double_R
The jurors were selected with the veto power of Trump’s attorneys after having the opportunity to have them questioned and comb through their social media posts.
Even assuming Trump's attorney's did any such thing, was it not a group of twelve NYC denizens? Wouldn't a fair trial have 6 jurors from blue-leaning parts of the state, and 6 from red-leaning parts of the state?

Trump is now a convicted felon
A word that has no credibility when used in this context.

because of his own actions and disregard for the law
Again, says who? Twelve Biden voters?

There is absolutely zero evidence that Biden had anything to do with the charges

No, but he is de facto head of the party whose members led the prosecution against Trump. And he stands to directly benefit from the outcome, either by having his opponent thrown out of the race or his reputation unduly muddied to the point where winning is improbable.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Swagnarok
If Trump gets reelected, after the way he was treated, he has every moral right to burn the fcking world down. 
Yeah, that’s been his strategy from the start. All he needed to do was convince the psychologically vulnerable among us that the consequences for his actions is everyone’s fault but his own. Check. Now once elected he gets to use that as the permission slip he has always wanted (as evidenced by his constant fawning over dictators).

This isn’t new, it’s the tired old tactic used by every fascist over the past century.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
I suppose if a convicted felon like Cohen can be held as a hero by the left tribe, then the right tribe can have their own felon hero.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I suppose if a convicted felon like Cohen can be held as a hero by the left tribe, then the right tribe can have their own felon hero.
Right, when Sammy “the bull” Gravano testified against John Gotti it was obviously just a set up by the deep state. Gotti never did anything illegal.

Mr Glib. It’s all so amusing 

Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@Double_R
I'll ask you a hypothetical.

Suppose Biden was from Alabama. He spent his life in Alabama, aside from when he was working in Washington. He served in the state legislature for many years before he went to Washington (the closest substitute I can manage here for doing business in New York). He serves one or two full terms, then he leaves office.

A staunchly Republican  DA is elected in the city where Biden spent his life. This man pledges to press charges against Biden for his supposed "corruption". Biden's long life is scrutinized unlike any American who ever was, and after a few years of searching a few things come up for which there's wiggle room to pursue civil or criminal proceedings.
They go to redneck alley and pick a bunch of jurors. Perhaps Biden's attorneys screen them for social media posts. In which case, those who aren't outright posting "I love Trump" or "Let's go Brandon" on Facebook pass the test and are empowered to decide the former President's fate. Of course, most of these people are consumers of whatever the latest narrative by Fox. Fox has been unfriendly to Biden for years, and the average person fed a steady diet of this content has biases, explicit or implicit, against Biden. If a case has been levied against him, they assume the case is rock-solid.

The Republican district attorney makes an impressive-sounding presentation that lays out whatever case Republicans have compiled against Biden. This case may or may not be airtight. Your average person can't really tell. Where there's doubt, they err on the side of trusting the case.

Finally, after some deliberating, they find Biden guilty on all charges. But let's say Biden gets lucky and they don't. No matter; the prosecutors will find something else on their bucket list and repeat the cycle all over again, until eventually they get a jury that throws the book at the man.

Does this hypothetical sound like justice to you? Would you object?
To be clear, there's one correct answer here. I wouldn't believe you if you said you'd humbly accept the outcome and not question it.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Swagnarok
Even assuming Trump's attorney's did any such thing
They did, that’s how jury selection works and this one was especially grueling given the circumstances

was it not a group of twelve NYC denizens? Wouldn't a fair trial have 6 jurors from blue-leaning parts of the state, and 6 from red-leaning parts of the state?
That’s not how juries work in a rule of law system. The most fundamental principal is that politics has no place in a courtroom, so the last thing they would ever or should ever do is consider which counties are “red” vs “blue”.

It doesn’t matter where in the country you are, there will always be people with opposing political beliefs. NY is heavily democratic, but even if jurors were selected randomly the statistical odds would have still been in Trump’s favor because a guilty verdict required a unanimous vote, so all he needed was one. He got zero.

Jury selection started with literally hundreds of prospective jurors. The point of going through all of them was to determine which ones could be fair. We can’t read people’s minds so the system will never be perfect, but these are the ones that were picked for that purpose out of all of those people.

This isn’t to say the jury wasn’t stacked with anti Trumpers, but it is to say that there is no reason at all to believe it. Every indication is that these jurors took their oaths seriously.

A word that has no credibility when used in this context.
That’s because credibility is no match for a solid hand waive away of facts and logic.

Again, says who? Twelve Biden voters?
You have no evidence that any of them voted for Biden but you assert it anyway, so who is showing their bias?

There is absolutely zero evidence that Biden had anything to do with the charges
No, but he is de facto head of the party whose members led the prosecution against Trump. And he stands to directly benefit from the outcome, either by having his opponent thrown out of the race or his reputation unduly muddied to the point where winning is improbable.
In other words, you have no evidence but it sounds really good to you.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Swagnarok
Everyone who isn't a partisan hack knew from the start that there would be a miscarriage of justice today, or at least that the outcome was going to be questionable given the circumstances.
Right. That’s why there are so many black people in jail. It’s all rigged. They didn’t do anything wrong, right?

What does it matter the David Pecker testified they formed a conspiracy to directly assist trump’s campaign.

What does it matter that we can see the Trump signed  checks to reimburse. Cohen for his effort?

So what if we have audio tape of Trump discussing the scheme?

These are all just facts

Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
The all-white juries of the 1930s, when black youths were arrested and convicted on dubious charges of raping white women, were certainly biased. As was the all-liberal jury that tried the most hated Republican alive today.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Swagnarok
Forget the thirties, I’m talking today. All these blacks in jail today are innocent just like Trump and the courts are all rigged. We never knew it until Trump showed us but now we know, right?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok

If you do a word search for "campaign finance" take a guess what the result would be.....
sadolite
sadolite
Trump will gain more power, support  and popularity from this.  New  York is going to suffer untold financial loss in the business sector at every level. It will be epic. This isn't about Trump, this is about anyone who dares challenge the uniparty status quo. I'm gonna sit back make some popcorn, what the epic shit show, and watch the entire country implode and die from with in.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@Double_R
That’s not how juries work in a rule of law system. The most fundamental principal is that politics has no place in a courtroom, so the last thing they would ever or should ever do is consider which counties are “red” vs “blue”.
The normal rules are inadequate when trying Trump, if you have any interest in a fair trial.
To call him an extremely polarizing figure would be underselling it; people who wouldn't vote for him often have such viscerally negative feelings about the man that they'll readily believe any story accusing him of misconduct. Political biases, such as the correlation between geography and political biases, must be taken into account. Otherwise you'll wind up with a miscarriage of justice.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Swagnarok
Finally, after some deliberating, they find Biden guilty on all charges...

Does this hypothetical sound like justice to you? Would you object?
Up until this post of your post, my opinion on whether it was justice would depend on the charges against Biden and the evidence supporting them. Everything else is irrelevant.

To that end, as a comparison, I find it remarkable that the entirety of the Trump defense was to call Micheal Cohen a liar, as if his testimony wasn’t corroborated by every other witness along with the documents and video evidence provided. There’s a saying in law; ‘When facts are on your side, pound the facts. When the law is on your side, pound the law. When you have neither the facts nor the law on your side, pound the table’.

The fact that Trumps own lawyers chose option 3 should make you think.

But let's say Biden gets lucky and they don't. No matter; the prosecutors will find something else on their bucket list and repeat the cycle all over again, until eventually they get a jury that throws the book at the man.
This nothing more than a prediction based on projection.

Even if Biden’s prosecutors were just searching for anything they could find, they’d still have to secure an indictment, gets passed the pre trial appeals, convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt, and then face post trial appeals. You act as if Biden could just order Trump jailed and it becomes so. Not how it works.