Wylted mafia DP1

Author: WyIted

Read-only
Total: 103
RationalMadman
Debates: 574
RationalMadman
it wasn't me and i'm not suggesting anything about what it means, I am just saying it's weird.

This day period is giving me very little other than the fact I am very sure GP is town.
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@RationalMadman
When I played with people in person they used diff names I guess.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@JoeBob

2 different versions of nurse, do you see how both differentiate it from doctor?
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@RationalMadman
Yes 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@JoeBob
do you have any reads so far?
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@RationalMadman
I don’t play mafia that much so I don’t know what that means.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@JoeBob
okay. Your friend who invited you readsme as scum and is voting me (based on 'gut' if he's Town that's true if he's scum he's making it up).

This is a read.

The inverse of a read is a tell. People give tells and gain reads based sometimes on what to others is arbitrary and irrelevant. It's what makes mafia an interesting game and separates great from good from terrible players (the quality and consistency of their reads and tells being accurate reads and towntells).
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Hi everyone, I'm finally here. Looks like there's not much to see so far. Haven't seen plurality lynching before, interested to see how that ends up playing out.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
'I'm mafia and going to say something to seem I am participating but avoid going after anybody at all and blend in'

could be how you play town too but I suspect you.

7kseries instantly voting the person who led on him and saying nothing else is scummier though.
JoeBob
JoeBob
Do we have to vote? Because no one is standing out to me.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@JoeBob
Reason 1

7-2 = 5

3v2 is still not a lost game.

7 -1 = 6

the saving role in this game dies if it saves. This means we have 5 or 6 at day 2 unless mafia are genuinely insane and don't kill night 1.

6 people alive mean the last action taken was a night kill. This means that if we keep nl and mafia keep nk (nokill) we are at an impasse where town get forced to act or everyone loses (or town lose depending how the host/game-mod AKA wylted does things).

6 is a bad number to lynch in, since if we hit town, we lose anyway as much as with 5 and if we hit mafia, we are at the same situation with 4 alive unless the investigative role is around with the bodyguard still (since mafia will have counterclaimed one of them probably while being lynched day 2 to force a cc).

All of this added together means it's suboptimal not to risk lynching a towny day 1 since we have to try.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@JoeBob
Reason 2

It's plurality lynching, at the end of the day the person with majority votes dies no matter what. This isn't every game but specific to this game. That means we all have to vote in theory as no-lynch is overridden if it's a 2v1v4 and the 4 are NLthe 2 dies as far as i understood
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Town
GP

Null
Pie and Joebob

Scum
7kSeries and Austin

Hasn't participated yet
Earth

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Preface read: I think if I wasn't me I'd nullread myself but that's because RM is very hard to read. He could be this proactive as scum just as easily as town.

GP: outed something that makes me hard townread him even though it was stupid to out. Won't explain more until day 2.

Ilikepie5: Seems to be aggressive but barely participated. Aggressive is Town Pie but not really backing it up with proper interrogation or pushing harder for a longer period is scum pie.

Joebob: this user is nonsense posting constantly. To constantly do this and keep on replying is how noobs usually play Town even though it seems scummy. Scum noobs tend to just lurk and go quiet instead or to aggressively get agitated by the one asking the questions.

7kseries: the only contribution this guy did is to vote me for voting him but instead of admitting that, said it was a gut read and literally that is is his only contribution. The reason I scumread this is that it was the only action taken, it's one of those 'seem very passionate and active and get the heat off me' moves a lazier scumplayer would do (vs what a more high effort one would do). I can potentially see Town doing this if they're new to mafia though and have no self-awareness as to how this looks to others or how useless this is for game progress.

Austin: Similarly to 7kseries, it's not the filler post in itself, it's that that's the only thing Austin did. Laziness leans most players to scum, unless proven otherwise (some people try harder as scum, other are equal as both).
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Actually I realised an error, I don't nullread Joebob, I do weakly townread him.

Town
GP and Joebob

Null
Pie

Scum
7kSeries and Austin

Hasn't participated yet
Earth

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@RationalMadman
Perhaps you're overthinking it a bit? I literally just want to show I'm here. Nothing is more annoying than a player who you don't know is AFK or just being an annoying lurker.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
GP: outed something that makes me hard townread him even though it was stupid to out. Won't explain more until day 2.
I realise the ending implies I know I'm alive day 2 and seems like a slip, that's not a slip at all. If I am dead in the game and can't tell you, that's still worth not having said before day 2.

Nobody should talk more about GP's posts this day period please. He is hard-assumed Town for this day for sure, do not ask why more.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
Nothing is more annoying than a player who you don't know is AFK or just being an annoying lurker.
Yes, a player who is just active enough to not be kicked and replaced out but is as useless as an AFK is more annoying.

So is a very inflammatory troll but you aren't the latter.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Anyway I'm not really sure about Joebob. I feel like asking all these questions (mostly Googlable) seems to be trying to buddy RM, but he could just be legitimately new.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Also I'm generally more high-effort as scum, you can see in my previous game, I kept on making BS up until the very end even though I could've easily conceded with a clear conscience pretty early on.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
outed something that makes me hard townread him even though it was stupid to out. Won't explain more until day 2.
Yes, I see my mistake
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@AustinL0926
I mean I tried googling what pularity lynching is and the only thing that showed up was talking about black people in America hundreds of years ago.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@7000series
I vote Rational Madman. 
Don't ask why, just a gut feeling.
Very odd that you just go straight into a vote without answering my questions 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
Mainly in person.
Thank you. Have you had the opportunity to read the into to forum mafia thread?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
Do you realise there is no nurse in this game and 2 people can kill, not 1? If yes, why didn't you before? Just want the reason.
Wym 2 people can kill? Is there something you know that we don’t?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Hi everyone, I'm finally here. Looks like there's not much to see so far. Haven't seen plurality lynching before, interested to see how that ends up playing out.
Glad to have you, not help me pressure 7000series
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Also I'm generally more high-effort as scum, you can see in my previous game, I kept on making BS up until the very end even though I could've easily conceded with a clear conscience pretty early on.
This is WIFOM, means nothing
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
I mean I tried googling what pularity lynching is and the only thing that showed up was talking about black people in America hundreds of years ago.
Plurality lynching means that whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched/eliminated from the game (hopefully they’re scum)
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@RationalMadman
@Greyparrot
@JoeBob
Help me pressure 7000series please
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Let me read what you wrote so I can see if you are scum this game.