Trump Did Not Incite the January 6 Riot.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 43
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
Anyone disagree?
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Why do you doubt the evidence of you’re own eyes?

- Jacob Marley
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Well prove to me he did. He didn't I can tell you that.
RationalMadman
Debates: 574
RationalMadman
Dream on, not gonna even react.
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
An argument could be made that he did not intend to, but the objective fact is he did.

No Trump, no one rioting at his behest.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
An argument could be made that he did not intend to, but the objective fact is he did.
Oh yea...….that's true. should of changed the title lol.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 172
Intelligence_06
We are almost at Jan 6 2023.... why do we still care?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
You should still care.

Because if you forget.

The Orangeman cometh.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 172
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
Like that ever matters. The purpose of a country is to serve the citizens, not to brush them to serve as the tools of the state. The only policies that matter are that affects how I will live, for example, education funds.

Seeing as I have lived in the US for the most part of Trump's 4-year period, it really wasn't that bad. In fact, in the measure of serving the people, can't exactly say Biden or even Obama had done better in their years.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
True, as in things rarely change for the average Joe.

Though I think that the final acts of Trumps reign, are worthy of secondary consideration.

Especially the way his acolytes were so easily incited.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
According to the RNC, what Trump incited on Jan 6 was "Legitamate Political Discourse" LOL, your cult just cracks me up.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
We have footage of FBI informants inciting the attack. Have to wait till 2023 for the Congressional hearings though.
FLRW
FLRW

Hang Mike Pence,Hang Mike Pence, Hang Mike Pence!   Oh wait, isn't this a Trump rally?
FLRW
FLRW
During President Donald Trump's tenure in the White House, the national debt grew by some $7.8 trillion—or nearly 40 percent compared to the amount when former President Barack Obama. left office in January 2017. So you think Trump giving himself a big tax break was a good idea?  Remember that the last smart republican president, Eisenhower, had a tax rate of 91 percent for the rich.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
There won't be much wealth after the Biden recession, at least not wealth that isn't offshored.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I don't think Trump is guilty of incitement to riot under Federal statute.  I do think Trump is obviously guilty of incitement to rebellion and potentially incitement to terrorism.

• That is, the degree of violence employed by Trump's followers was unimportant to Trump- the death of Pelosi and Pence was just as acceptable to Trump's plan as no violence at all.  What Trump needed was to deligitimize the confirmation of the electoral college sufficient to demand a one-state one-vote election count which Trump expected to win.  Trump didn't care if there was a riot, just so long as the decision of the American people was reversed.
We don't have to go back Jan 6th to find example of Trump's incitement to rebellion- yesterday is sufficient.

TRUMP REBUKED for CALL to SUSPEND the US CONSTITUION
By HOPE YEN
2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Donald Trump faced rebuke Sunday from officials in both parties after calling for the “termination” of parts of the Constitution over his lie that the 2020 election was stolen.

Trump, who announced last month that he is running again for president, made the claim over the weekend on his Truth Social media platform.

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

Incoming House Democratic leader Hakeem Jeffries on Sunday described Trump’s statement as strange and extreme and said Republicans will have to make a choice whether to continue embracing Trump’s anti-democratic views.

“Republicans are going to have to work out their issues with the former president and decide whether they’re going to break from him and return to some semblance of reasonableness or continue to lean in to the extremism, not just of Trump, but Trumpism,” Jeffries said.

Trump, who is the first to be impeached twice and whose term ended with his supporters violently storming the Capitol in a deadly bid to halt the peaceful transition of power on Jan. 6, 2021, faces a escalating criminal investigations, including several that could lead to indictments. They include the probe into classified documents seized by the FBI from Mar-a-Lago, and ongoing state and federal inquiries related to efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

Asked about Trump’s comments Sunday, Rep. Mike Turner of Ohio, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said he “vehemently” disagrees and “absolutely” condemns the remarks, saying they should be a factor as Republicans decide who should lead their party in 2024.

“There is a political process that has to go forward before anybody is a frontrunner or anybody is even the candidate for the party,” he said. “I believe that people certainly are going to take into consideration a statement like this as they evaluate a candidate.”

Rep.-elect Mike Lawler, R-New York, also objected to the remarks, saying it was time to stop focusing on the “grievances of prior elections.”

“The Constitution is set for a reason, to protect the rights of every American,” Lawler said. “I think the former president would be well-advised to focus on the future, if he is going to run for president again.”

Trump’s comments came after Twitter’s new owner, Elon Musk, said he would reveal how Twitter engaged in “free speech suppression” leading up to the 2020 election. But files released Friday, which focused on the tech company’s confused response to a story about Biden’s son Hunter, do not show Democrats trying to limit the story.

The White House on Saturday assailed Trump, saying: “You cannot only love America when you win.”

“The American Constitution is a sacrosanct document that for over 200 years has guaranteed that freedom and the rule of law prevail in our great country,” spokesman Andrew Bates said in a statement. “Attacking the Constitution and all it stands for is anathema to the soul of our nation.”

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@RationalMadman

Yes RM, that is actually what I look like.
RationalMadman
Debates: 574
RationalMadman
-->
@FLRW
???
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@oromagi
TRUMP REBUKED for CALL to SUSPEND the US CONSTITUION
By HOPE YEN
2 hours ago
Obvious media lies. 
The article in question, actually says that Trump isn't calling to suspend the US Constitution. 

“A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”
Trump said," this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulation, and articles, even those found in the Constitution"
He isn't calling for the suspending of the US Constitution, he is saying, the things that are going on right now, is against the constitution.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Obvious media lies. 
The article in question, actually says that Trump isn't calling to suspend the US Constitution. 
Ok, I’m starting to think you are posting from Russia 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
“allows for the termination of all rules, regulation, and articles, even those found in the Constitution"
What are you not understanding about this quote?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
There won't be much wealth after the Biden recession, at least not wealth that isn't offshored.
Shut up Chicken Little

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
He isn't calling for the suspending of the US Constitution, he is saying, the things that are going on right now, is against the constitution.
OK, well, let's just chalk that up to poor reading comprehension on your part.  Trump has never been a US Constitution type of guy.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
OK, well, let's just chalk that up to poor reading comprehension on your part.  Trump has never been a US Constitution type of guy.
....... I'm not even going to.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
And then there was the old guy in the parking lot with boot polish on his head.

Amazing times.

When's the film coming out.

I propose Robert Duvall for the role of boot polish head man.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
They don't doubt evidence, they just lie.  

They have built a cult of personality around worship of a pathological liar, it isn't that they believe the lies, they just like the lies better than the truth.  Thier leader is a liar, the movement is all about lying, and lies are a core value of thier cult.  
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Well prove to me he did. He didn't I can tell you that.
Proving it to you requires the willingness on your part to accept basic logic and reason over your preferred narrative. That’s not likely which is of no fault to anyone other than yourself.

The case however is quite simple. Trump spent months before the election telling his followers the election was going to be stolen, then on election night before the votes had been even counted declared victory. He then spent the following months amplifying every conspiracy theory under the sun continuing to rally his supporters until January 6th where he invited all of his followers to March onto the capital to “fight like hell, or you’re not going to have a country anymore”.

This is where the MAGA cultists jump in; “but he said March peacefully!” which is of course complete bullshit. They showed up because they were pissed and ready to cause a ruckus. No one in their right mind heard that one sentence and thought “oh, I guess we’re not supposed to actually fight”. Trump understood this very well, which is why he said it, because he knew his followers would point to that one sentence to claim innocence. It’s called a false exculpatory, and it’s a classic tactic used by the mob to confuse the jury.

It’s also absurd to tell people that their voice has been stolen from them by people who don’t care about them, and the remedy to that is to yell really loud.

And if you need more evidence that the crowd was taking their cues from Trump just watch all of the video footage of the rioters themselves telling police officers that they were there on behalf of Trump and reading Trump’s tweets with a blowhorn to an animated crowd reacting to it.

At the end of the day you have the choice to ignore all of this no matter how obvious it is. And if that’s the case here’s one final thought experiment… imagine if in early November 2020 Trump had done what every losing presidential candidate before him did; concede the election, congratulated his opponent, and orchestrated an orderly transition. Just imagine. Do you seriously believe January 6th would have still happened?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Double_R
It’s also absurd to tell people that their voice has been stolen from them by people who don’t care about them
It seems to me that "our voice was stolen! our votes weren't heard! what I voted didn't get counted!" is currently being used in place of the "I voted for the candidate or idea who lost." Your vote counts if you vote for the loser, you just don't get what you voted for. "Our votes didn't count!" isn't the same thing. It's really frustrating, like if you voted for Romney in 2012, your vote COUNTED, your voice was HEARD, it was just that democracy dictates "whatever you voted for isn't what the majority wants, so sorry."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Just imagine. Do you seriously believe January 6th would have still happened?
There were many more people other than Trump who had an interest in making something like Jan 6 happen. Hopefully 2023 Congressional hearings will shed some light.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
The rioters weren’t taking their cues from anyone else, they were taking them from Trump. We know because they told us so.