Every pro-lifer always, without fail, gets it wrong on abortion.

Author: TWS1405

Total: 313
TWS1405
Debates: 0
TWS1405
-->
@Novice_II
Take it as constructive criticism.

Like your failed attempts to derail this thread with obvious irrelevant red herring fallacies, I am not going to get into an English lesson with you. Just be more mindful of what you're saying and how you say it. Again, constructive criticism. 

Now move along. 
ahiyah
ahiyah
-->
@TWS1405
lol

You seem to be totally ignorant of the fact that *every* criticism you have in response to other people applies with complete accuracy to you. 

Fools will be fools, though. 
Shila
Shila
-->
@ahiyah
--> @TWS1405
lol

You seem to be totally ignorant of the fact that *every* criticism you have in response to other people applies with complete accuracy to you. 

You made a good point.

Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
-->
@TWS1405
Okay, so similar to my previous questions, I suppose you just refuse to answer, despite you yourself making the claim. I find this a little weird, but that is your call. 

Novice_II
Novice_II
I just don't understand this dialogue method.

Person A: "You need to work on your punctuation, not to mention grammar."
Person B: "What mistakes do you think I'm making?"
Person A: "I refuse to answer actually, but just stop because the mistakes exist."
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@Double_R
  • What is the argument for why abortion is not one of those things? 

Shila
Shila
Nivuce_II: I just don't understand this dialogue method.

Person A: "I refuse to answer actually, but just stop because the mistakes exist."
If you don’t recognize your own mistakes. You might need special help.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Novice_II
Alternating the DNA of the fetus is not the mother doing what it wants to its body eventually the child will be born with an alteration. If the mother drinks while pregnant and the child is born addicted to alcohol the mother is guilty of a crime because the child is born. The child is born genetically altered the child is born. You seem to be confused about what a born person is and what a not born person is.
Shila
Shila
Polytheist _Witch: Alternating the DNA of the fetus is not the mother doing what it wants to its body eventually the child will be born with an alteration. If the mother drinks while pregnant and the child is born addicted to alcohol the mother is guilty of a crime because the child is born. The child is born genetically altered the child is born. You seem to be confused about what a born person is and what a not born person is.

The mother  can do anything like wear makeup, get a haircut, clip her nails  or any other action so long as it does not endanger the unborn child she is carrying. Post #73.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Shila
I'm not fucking talking to you I don't give a shit what your opinion is.
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Do you acknowledge that it is a logical contradiction to state that someone "can and cannot do whatever they want with their body when pregnant." Yes or no, is that a logical contradiction? 
Shila
Shila

--> @Polytheist-Witch
Do you acknowledge that it is a logical contradiction to state that someone "can and cannot do whatever they want with their body when pregnant." Yes or no, is that a logical contradiction? 
The mother  can do anything like wear makeup, get a haircut, clip her nails  or any other action so long as it does not endanger the unborn child she is carrying. Post #73.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Shila
Nivuce_II: I just don't understand this dialogue method.

If you don’t recognize your own mistakes. You might need special help.
Wow. We actually see eye to eye on something relevant. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@ahiyah
-->@TWS1405
lol

= "I know you are, but what am I" childish banality.

Meaning, you have no intelligent rebuttal. 

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Novice_II
Strawman 

Typical. 

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Novice_II
What is the argument for why abortion is not one of those things?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Novice_II
People can do whatever they want with their bodies. Pregnant or not pregnant. Legal or illegal. The difference would be whether or not what they're doing is punishable by law. Drinking alcohol while pregnant is not a crime. A baby being born addicted to alcohol make some other guilty of abuse and neglect. That's how the law works. Suicide is technically illegal with people do it all the time. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TWS1405
Facts are facts.

And superfluous comments are superfluous comments.

The prove is self-evident.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@zedvictor4
“The prove is…”?

You too need to work on your grammar and clear lack of attention to detail, ffs! 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TWS1405
The proof of you is also self-evident.
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@Double_R
Okay...it looks like I am not getting the argument I asked for, so maybe I can try to work with whatever it is that you seem to be saying. 

The mother has the right to her own body, it’s the fetus that is the foreign occupier. Therefore the mother has the right to decide if the fetus remains there.
  • Does the mother have the right to decide to remove a human being from her body, even when she was the one that placed them there, in a state where the human being is temporarily dependent on her for its survival? 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Novice_II
  • Does the mother have the right to decide to remove a human being from her body, even when she was the one that placed them there, in a state where the human being is temporarily dependent on her for its survival? 
If the human being existed prior to her “placing them there” then my position would be very different. We’re not talking about that however.

As far as her “placing them there”, what you mean is that she had sex. There are two issues with this; first is that it’s actually the man who “placed” the baby in the womb, so unless you plan to investigate the sexual details of every pregnancy you cannot argue that pregnancy makes the woman responsible, unless (the second issue) it is your position that sex itself is a punishable offense. Is that your position?
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@Double_R
  • First, I am not seeing an answer to my question, and I am not sure why you are not answering. 
If the human being existed prior to her “placing them there” then my position would be very different. 
  • Second, in this case you would say that an abortion from an IVF embryo transfer pregnancy should be illegal given that the biological human being had already existed? Yes entailing the contradiction "you do and do not think abortion should be allowed," and no entailing the contradiction that "killing a human being should and should not be legal after you have placed them in your body." 

Shila
Shila
Novice_II:

Does the mother have the right to decide to remove a human being from her body, even when she was the one that placed them there, in a state where the human being is temporarily dependent on her for its survival? 
If you understood conception and procreation you would know the mother does not place a human being in her body. And once in her body the baby is dependent on her for its survival.
ahiyah
ahiyah
-->
@TWS1405

Meaning, you have no intelligent rebuttal
  • You haven't offered any intelligent arguments, instead just relying on opinion and then repeating that same opinion over, and over again.
  • You're too arrogant and too stupid for anyone to have a constructive and reasonable discussion with. 
  • Several people have brought valid arguments, thoughts, and responses to this post, but because you're so narrow and seemingly incapable of critical thought, all you can do is dismiss them. 
  • It is YOU who routinely uses insults and ad hominem attacks. This is to the extent that even the OP included blatant and childish attacks along the lines of "these people don't advocate my view on this matter, so they are stupid". 
  • In addition to that, you use extremely repetitive and poorly applied retorts. 
Can you grasp that, or is it another "false equivalency fallacy"? 

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Novice_II
  • First, I am not seeing the answer to my question, so I am not sure why you are not answering. 
I addressed everything you brought up. What question do you think I didn’t answer?

Second, in this case you would say that an abortion from an IVF embryo transfer should be illegal given that the human being already exists?
I’m not opposed to outlawing abortion in that case unless the life of the mother is at risk. If a woman decides to go through the procedure then she made her choice.
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@TWS1405
Ben Shapiro's argument is it is always a human, not that it has potential to become one:

This is a point that more than 90% of biologists assert is true. It is also backed by the fact that a baby in the womb meets all the biological determiners for life: growth, metabolism, reproduction, and response to stimuli. [1]

The biggest flaw in abortionists' reasoning is this: they make arbitrary, unscientific claims for when a human being becomes a human being.

Show me a science textbook that says a human being is only a human being when it is born? Or what about a biological study that proves pre-birth humans are not human beings.

Tell me where geneticists have found that pre-birth humans do not have the requisite genetic makeup for being a human being?

Tell me where biologists have proven that a pre-birth human is not alive in the womb?

Genetically and biologically it is a human being. No amount of personal feelings can change that fact.

SOURCES:
Shila
Shila
-->
@ahiyah
--> @TWS1405

Meaning, you have no intelligent rebuttal
  • You haven't offered any intelligent arguments, instead just relying on opinion and then repeating that same opinion over, and over again.
  • You're too arrogant and too stupid for anyone to have a constructive and reasonable discussion with. 
  • Several people have brought valid arguments, thoughts, and responses to this post, but because you're so narrow and seemingly incapable of critical thought, all you can do is dismiss them. 
  • It is YOU who routinely uses insults and ad hominem attacks. This is to the extent that even the OP included blatant and childish attacks along the lines of "these people don't advocate my view on this matter, so they are stupid". 
  • In addition to that, you use extremely repetitive and poorly applied retorts. 
Can you grasp that, or is it another "false equivalency fallacy"?
Does he make the case why abortions are absolutely necessary to prevent more repetitive and poorly applied retorts?

Uragirimono
Uragirimono
-->
@Public-Choice
You say "Genetically and biologically it is a human being. No amount of personal feelings can change that fact."

We agree on this. But how does the fetus being a human being entitle it to the use of another human's body when that person does not consent to it?
Shila
Shila
-->
@Public-Choice
Ben Shapiro's argument is it is always a human, not that it has potential to become one:

This is a point that more than 90% of biologists assert is true. It is also backed by the fact that a baby in the womb meets all the biological determiners for life: growth, metabolism, reproduction, and response to stimuli. [1]

The biggest flaw in abortionists' reasoning is this: they make arbitrary, unscientific claims for when a human being becomes a human being.

Show me a science textbook that says a human being is only a human being when it is born? Or what about a biological study that proves pre-birth humans are not human beings.

Tell me where geneticists have found that pre-birth humans do not have the requisite genetic makeup for being a human being?

Tell me where biologists have proven that a pre-birth human is not alive in the womb?

Genetically and biologically it is a human being. No amount of personal feelings can change that fact.

SOURCES:
Men should not make decisions for women about abortions unless they are also capable of getting pregnant and carrying a fetus. Till then it is pure hypocrisy.
The last thing on a woman’s mind before deciding on an abortion  is what a biologist thinks.