Biden Speech?

Author: sadolite

Total: 47
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
So what am I as a voter to make of Biden's last speech? My only opinion would be, the speech speaks for its self and needs no clarification. But I am sure I should be thinking something completely different because the speech I saw was completely different than the one you saw even though it was the same speech.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@sadolite

I too, think the speech speaks for its self and needs no clarification.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@sadolite

OMG, are we soul brothers?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@FLRW
I wouldn't know anything about souls or brothers.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
Biden tried to walk back the rhetoric while MSM thought the rhetoric was too weak.
Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite
So what am I as a voter to make of Biden's last speech? My only opinion would be, the speech speaks for its self and needs no clarification. But I am sure I should be thinking something completely different because the speech I saw was completely different than the one you saw even though it was the same speech.
You are admitting you saw Biden’s speech very differently than anyone would. But you don’t give any specifics. Could it be your level of education?
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@sadolite
Biden's speech was evil incarnate. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Shila
No, I am saying two people can watch the same speech and interpret it two completely different ways. You know like the news media outlets all reporting on the same event but reporting completely different stories about the same event. I have my interpretation, what is yours? You may think it needs clarification where as I don't. What do you think I and everyone else should think about his speech.
Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite
--> @Shila
No, I am saying two people can watch the same speech and interpret it two completely different ways. You know like the news media outlets all reporting on the same event but reporting completely different stories about the same event. I have my interpretation, what is yours? You may think it needs clarification where as I don't. What do you think I and everyone else should think about his speech
Biden’s speech was a call to Americans to get real!! The institutions, constitution and democratic government are being attacked by the marginalized fringe minority led by Trump who will not accept he lost the elections 2 years ago yet still sees himself as the President of US. and republicans at the highest levels of government are still promoting  the big lie.

Americans have always been lied to by past presidents which got them into wars with Vietnam! N Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. but Trump lies for personal gains. Most Americans would like to benefit too without the fear of consequences. Trump is an example they would love to follow. Trump beating the system is their hope.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Biden’s speech was a call to Americans to get real!!
What does "get real" exactly mean? You can say the quiet parts out loud here. I don't think the FBI is watching you.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Shila
This is what I mean, my take was completely different. I saw it as a President attacking the people of his own country for simply not agreeing with his policies and views. And asking his supporters to consider  anyone who doesn't tow his political narrative as traitors and a threat to the country.  We watched the same speech, two completely different interpretations and  takeaways. Your view point is noted. Lets see if anyone else gives their  interpretation and if it is as wildly different as our two are.
Lemming
Debates: 7
Lemming
-->
@sadolite

Talks about our history, speaks of his admiration of America.

Says our Democracy is under threat.

Talks about our history some more.

Says Trump and MAGA are extremists that threaten the Republic.

Says not all Republicans are bad, that he has worked with good Republicans, but that MAGA Republicans are dominated by Trump, and a threat.
(I think it's true that Trump exerts an influence, and some of the Republicans standpoints lately I find a bit much)

Says MAGA doesn't resect the Constitution, Law, Will of the people, or Free Elections, that they are making underhanded moves to influence elections.
(I think that's true a bit, but I feel jaded by politics, and I tend to view such in most all politicians, no matter their party, though I might be 'too pessimistic)

Says MAGA is pushing America backwards, to no right to choose, no right to privacy, no right to contraception, no right to marry who you love.
(I think the situation has more context that what Biden says there)

They promote authoritarian leaders, and they fan the flames of violence.
(Eh, 'both parties use the presidency's authority to push their goals, though I 'do think Trump is worse than usual, or perhaps simply more 'obvious by his ineptitude.
Bah on the violence claim.)

Talks about the Capital Riot, says they are planning violence in the future.
(Claims. . .)

Encourages people to stand against Trump and MAGA.

Says this is a turning point for the future, insults MAGA Republicans, though I suppose one could view this instead as him describing them according to his view.
Appeals to the nation, praises specific points of the nation in contrast to the negative claims he made earlier against MAGA and Trump.

Makes argument that blind loyalty to a single leader and a willingness to engage in violence is fatal to Democracy.
(I suppose such 'is often true in history)

Appeals to people to come together against MAGA and Trump.

Youtube ad interrupts speech, was another one earlier, but I didn't note it.

Discourages political violence in America.

Brings up Jan 6th again.

Talks about individuals threatened recently.

Talks about public figures predicting and all but calling for violence and riots.
(Hm, I don't watch the news much)

Says people can't be Pro Insurrectionist and Pro American.
(I'd disagree that MAGA and Trump means insurrectionist.)

Says he knows politics can be mean and nasty, he get's it.
(Nice of him to say)

Insists free and fair election, that rules be followed, that people accept losses.
(Seems reasonable enough to me what he says there.)

Speaks against conspiracy, fraud, and people who refuse to accept that they lost.
(I don't think people are wrong to speak against such)

Something about a bullhorn.
(Are people protesting outside?)

Another Youtube ad.

Talks about economic something package, says America's economy is strong.
Talks about infrastructure investment.
(I don't understand economics)

Talks about gun safety law.
(I don't remember anything particularly bad in the bill passed. Red flag incentives, increased background checks, further restrictions of who can own a gun, spousal abuse.
I'm 'still wary of Biden and guns though, and his previous talks against guns 'greatly encourage me to vote for Trump rather than Biden)
Talks about Health Care Reform.
(Unless I read about the bills in detail, I don't have a strong opinion one way or another towards them, also likely I wouldn't understand implications anyway, world is complicated.)

Talks about climate initiative.

Praises America.

Says Covid no longer controls us, Americans are working, millions of Americans have been lifted out of poverty.

Made in America manufacturing blurb.

Another Youtube ad, blasted ads.

Says no matter what the White Supremacists and Extremists say.
(I really don't think white supremacists or American extremists are such a problem, though I still dislike the ones who's views I disagree with)

Praises America.

Encourages Americans coming together, contrasts this with MAGA.

Talks about all equal, talks about Democracy being great.

Talks about courage and empathy, not seeing each other's as enemies.

Talks about folks outside being entitled to be outrages according to our values.

Praises Democracy.

Gives his definition of America.

Encourages people to vote.

Gaaah another Youtube ad.

Praises America, appeals to God.

Sounds to me a speech that encourages Democracy, peace, and togetherness.
Points out Trump, MAGA, White Supremacists, Extremists as enemy, whether due to his personal beliefs and/or to create an enemy to group against.

SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@sadolite
@Shila
Biden’s speech was a call to Americans to get real!! The institutions, constitution and democratic government are being attacked by the marginalized fringe minority led by Trump who will not accept he lost the elections 2 years ago yet still sees himself as the President of US. and republicans at the highest levels of government are still promoting the big lie.
Sounds like a good summary to me.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Shila
You are admitting you saw Biden’s speech very differently than anyone would. But you don’t give any specifics. Could it be your level of education?
Are you unaware that every single person who voted for Trump in the 2024 election sees this as Biden saying half the country are extremists which also implies that they need to probably be put on some terrorist watch list?

You do know that was not the take away for the average Democrat, correct?
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Shila
Americans have always been lied to by past presidents which got them into wars with Vietnam! N Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. but Trump lies for personal gains. Most Americans would like to benefit too without the fear of consequences. Trump is an example they would love to follow. Trump beating the system is their hope.

Maybe Biden's take away should be for the political establishment to act honorably and not lie for things like excuses to go to war with countries or COVID or drugs etc. 

If they don't like their place of work stormed and being under threat for the gallows, perhaps they should serve their country instead of the illuminati.

Everyone knows the election was rigged BTW, have you ever seen an election that wasn't rigged where you had to wait the next day to find out the results. 

People in countries where elections were stolen said this is how the elite do it when the wrong person is winning they just shut down the voting for the night and the next day a miracle surge for the other candidate occurs. 
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
I stopped watching Biden's speeches when he couldn't string sentences together and chased ice cream trucks.

That man is clearly not running anything. So why listen to his speeches?

The WEF made their agenda for America clear in 2020. And it involves electric cars, banning gasoline, bulldozing homes and replacing them with apartments, and banning beef and chicken while replacing it with cockroach and cricket paste and soy patties.

As George Carlin put it, the politicians are puppets of the real owners of this country.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Public-Choice
As George Carlin put it, the politicians are puppets of the real owners of this country.
I so loved and dearly miss that man.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Are you unaware that every single person who voted for Trump in the 2024 election sees this as Biden saying half the country are extremists which also implies that they need to probably be put on some terrorist watch list?
Meh. Unwarranted fear-mongering.  Biden made it clear he wasn't referring to all Republicans, dissenters, or Conservatives.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@PREZ-HILTON

You have repeatedly called for the violent overthrow of Democracies everywhere and American democracy particularly.  I don't know why you'd object to being labeled a terrorist now when you've worked so hard to cultivate that very persona.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@SkepticalOne
A Democrat psychopath won't know the difference if you are wearing a maga hat. The hat that most Trump voters wore at some point.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Lemming

WELL-PRESENTED!
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Greyparrot
A Democrat psychopath won't know the difference if you are wearing a maga hat. The hat that most Trump voters wore at some point.
Keep your hat on - political violence is strongly associated with the Right currently.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@SkepticalOne
I guess that's easy for you to think that when msm censors all coverage of the violent left.

Most people can't afford to go with "the current thing"
Shila
Shila
-->
@Wylted
--> @Shila

You do know that was not the take away for the average Democrat, correct?
Biden was talking about the MAGA extremist that included some senior members of House and Senate. But some argue the Republican Party has become the Trump party. So Biden trying to save conservative republicans from Trump might be too late.

Shila
Shila
--> @sadolite @Shila
Biden’s speech was a call to Americans to get real!! The institutions, constitution and democratic government are being attacked by the marginalized fringe minority led by Trump who will not accept he lost the elections 2 years ago yet still sees himself as the President of US. and republicans at the highest levels of government are still promoting the big lie.
SkepticalOne: Sounds like a good summary to me.
I started following politics after Jerry Falwell declared Christians the Moral Majority. The writing was on the wall how that would change abortions, LGTB and same sex marriage etc. etc.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@oromagi
You have repeatedly called for the violent overthrow of Democracies everywhere and American democracy particularly.  I don't know why you'd object to being labeled a terrorist now when you've worked so hard to cultivate that very persona.

Are you pretending America is a Democracy?

SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Greyparrot
I guess that's easy for you to think that when msm censors all coverage of the violent left.
Is that what conservative media is reporting now? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Is that what conservative media is reporting now? 
I wouldn't know. I don't watch censoring corporate media from either party.

You should watch some Jimmy Dore if you are tired of the censorship and the endless parade of rich people telling you what to think and what not to see.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Are you pretending America is a Democracy?

I am asserting it as fact and so are you when cry longingly for a dictator to rule it.
Lair77
Lair77
-->
@Greyparrot
i love how just cite a 10 minute video from a random internet pundit like a source.    haha