god is great

Author: Vici

Total: 80
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Vici
Because whole cultures and continents of people don't worship the God of Abraham. Because whole religions that have more than one god in them exist on the planet. Because Christians and Muslims treat non-Christians and non-Muslims like pieces of human garbage. The only people more insulting to people who don't believe like them than atheists are Christians and Muslims. Christians do not have special status in the United States or any other Western country. They are considered one of many religions to have freedom so there's no reason that polytheist or people with spiritual paths that do not contain a deity don't get to have conversations about spirituality. 
TWS1405
Debates: 0
TWS1405
-->
@Vici
There is no god. 
you clearly dont understand God. He is necceasry for the understnading of logic. your very ability to dicern the statement "there is no god" presupposses the existence of god. you are stealing from god to argue against him. 

Does one need to buy a golden ticket to your chocolate factory or steal one!?!
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vici
Says nothing.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Correct. God is great. 

It's the book thing he did for us. 
If god never  got a bunch of guys to write shlt down for him , we would know nothing. Or very little. 
Very well played.   
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I recon gods whom didn't get guys to write books for them would not like the ones whom did. 
It's just an assumption. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
GOD only chiselled tablets of stone.

In what language or script I'm not sure.

Though Western Christians will have you believe that it was all in English.

Thou shalt not, as it were.

He was so omni that he hadn't even learned how to use a pen and paper.

As for word processing......

He sure was omni.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Vici
Prove that god “made” logic
i work backwards. i see there is logic. i observe that, in order for this to be the case, there MUST be a thing which has created a standard for operation. 
You don’t observe logic, you use it.

Logic is the process by which we arrive at conclusions from a given set of premises. In this case the premise is that there exists this phenomenon we identify as logic. So the question is, how do we explain this? You claim a god explains this but that doesn’t work. Is God himself not subject to logic? Can god create a rock so heavy he can’t lift it? Can god both be the supreme ruler of existence and not the supreme ruler of existence? Can god exist and not exist at the same time in the same sense?

The problem you have is that there is no way possible to square your claim. God is either subject to logic or he is not. If he is then he couldn’t be the creator and arbiter of it. If he is not then, by definition, your argument is inherently irrational.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@zedvictor4
I never here the christians praising the lord, i mean god  for doing a book for em. 
If i was a Christian that would be my 100% proof for gods existence 
It's an amazing thing. 
Its great. 

Yet the christians don't mention it nearly enough. 
They are like. 
Yeah god did that book so what. 
But.
But.
It isn't amazing to them.  It's like a given.  

Unless there is a prayer that i haven't heard of and it starts like this. 
Dear heavenly father,  firstly  we like to thank you the muchly for doing a book for us.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
In creeps the word ( guide )
Shila
Shila
-->
@Vici
God is great!! That has been acknowledged by just about every religion in the world.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Shila
God is great!! That has been acknowledged by just about every religion in the world.
Dumbest thing ever said.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

Dumbest thing ever said.
Name one religion that attacks God.

Definition of Religion: the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Shila
Just because someone says god they don't mean the God of Abraham or Jesus. Idiot.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Just because someone says god they don't mean the God of Abraham or Jesus. Idiot.
That is why these religions all say God is great without exceptions.

There are many civilizations more ancient than Israel. So Abraham and Judaism are not even listed among them because it came much later.

1 Ancient Egypt. ...
2 Ancient Greece. ...
3 Mesopotamia. ...
4 Babylon. ...
5 Ancient Rome. ...
6 Ancient China. ...
7 Ancient India.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Shila
I'm not sure which one of the atheist here this is a troll account for but I'm done. The stupidity of these posts is beyond even anything the atheists usually put down.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Lemming
I'm not sure which one of the atheist here this is a troll account for but I'm done. The stupidity of these posts is beyond even anything the atheists usually put down.

Name one religion that attacks God.

Definition of Religion: the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods

Lemming
Debates: 7
Lemming
-->
@Shila
I imagine at least 'one of the religions/groups/cults that call themselves Satanists, worship Satan, and view God as the enemy.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Lemming
I imagine at least 'one of the religions/groups/cults that call themselves Satanists, worship Satan, and view God as the enemy.

Satan is the prince of evil spirits and adversary of God in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Satan is traditionally understood as an angel who rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven with other “fallen” angels before the creation of humankind

Even Satanists believe  God is Great . After all God defeated Satan.
rosends
rosends
-->
@Shila
Satan is the prince of evil spirits and adversary of God in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Satan is traditionally understood as an angel who rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven with other “fallen” angels before the creation of humankind
This is inaccurate as it relates to Judaism in 2 separate ways. The soton is the adversary of man, not God, and the soton did not rebel against God etc.

If you have questions about Judaism, you should ask instead of posting things that are wrong.
Shila
Shila
-->
@rosends
This is inaccurate as it relates to Judaism in 2 separate ways. The soton is the adversary of man, not God, and the soton did not rebel against God etc.

If you have questions about Judaism, you should ask instead of posting things that are wrong.
The Jews giving Satan a free pass has not worked too well for them. Look at Jewish history of exiles and anti-Semitism.

rosends
rosends
-->
@Shila
The Jews giving Satan a free pass has not worked too well for them. Look at Jewish history of exiles and anti-Semitism.

someday, maybe you'll say something that makes sense. Clearly, today is not that day. "Giv[e] Satan a free pass"? What does that even mean? And what does any of that have to do with exile and anti-Semitism?

Slow down, finish chewing your food, and try to compose an informed and coherent thought. Good luck!
Shila
Shila
-->
@rosends

someday, maybe you'll say something that makes sense. Clearly, today is not that day. "Giv[e] Satan a free pass"? What does that even mean? And what does any of that have to do with exile and anti-Semitism?

Slow down, finish chewing your food, and try to compose an informed and coherent thought. Good luck!
Jews treating Satan as an ordinary adversary instead of the prince of darkness competing with God has weakened the Jewish covenant and diluted their position with God. Any wonder Judaism is a minority religion compared to Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. etc.
rosends
rosends
-->
@Shila
Jews treating Satan as an ordinary adversary instead of the prince of darkness competing with God has weakened the Jewish covenant and diluted their position with God. Any wonder Judaism is a minority religion compared to Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. etc.
Wow -- back to muddled thoughts. So sad. I'll type slow.
We don't "treat" the soton as anything. The soton simply IS something, and was before Christianity took the idea and played its games with it. What this has to do with diluting anything is "absolutely nothing."

Our covenant with God is as in force as it ever was. In fact, that we are in exile and yet still exist is proof that the covenant is wonderfully strong. Thanks for helping prove my point. Yer awesum!
Shila
Shila
-->
@rosends

Wow -- back to muddled thoughts. So sad. I'll type slow.
We don't "treat" the soton as anything. The soton simply IS something, and was before Christianity took the idea and played its games with it. What this has to do with diluting anything is "absolutely nothing."

Our covenant with God is as in force as it ever was. In fact, that we are in exile and yet still exist is proof that the covenant is wonderfully strong. Thanks for helping prove my point. Yer awesum!
So Jews are still existing in Exile!! Was that from 70AD when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and scattered the Jews after the Old Covenant was destroyed.
There is a New Covenant Theology that no longer requires circumcision. 

rosends
rosends
-->
@Shila
So Jews are still existing in Exile!! Was that from 70AD when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and scattered the Jews after the Old Covenant was destroyed.
There is a New Covenant Theology that no longer requires circumcision. 
It is actually from a little after 70, but generally that's accurate. Nice work! Of course, your claim about the covenant being destroyed is wrong, but at least you know that Christianity doesn't require circumcision. You ARE capable of learning. Good work!
Vici
Debates: 11
Vici
-->
@Double_R
You don’t observe logic, you use it.
yes i use it, so that means i observe it. 

Vici
Vici
-->
@Double_R
In this case the premise is that there exists this phenomenon we identify as logic. So the question is, how do we explain this?
Well I as the theist can justify it because I can owe it to a transendental being. You cant sine you are an  atheist. 
Vici
Vici
-->
@TWS1405
you are delusional
thanks for the ad hom and avoiding my argument
Vici
Vici
-->
@Shila
yes! Exactly
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Vici
In this case the premise is that there exists this phenomenon we identify as logic. So the question is, how do we explain this?
Well I as the theist can justify it because I can owe it to a transendental being. You cant sine you are an  atheist.
You can claim all day that attributing logic to a transcendental being accounts for it, it still doesn’t.

Again, this transcendental being… is it subject to the laws of logic? YES or NO?