Author: Speedrace

Read-only
Total: 485
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
I'd say he's pretty committed to winning and is not above any type of gambit or manipulation. His willingness to be lynched here is pretty strange and tough to read considering he has "given up" or rage quit a few times as town recently, but he usually makes some kind of effort in making a case first. He didn't try to make a case here and didn't respond at all, so he has nothing to scold people about in the end game if they're wrong. Therefore I think he's scum despite not trying very hard. Maybe we just legit caught the Strongman?! Not sure. He's prob bluffing and trying to get me to unvote him (which is why he switched from Luna to me) which I'm not gonna do. Even if he's telling the truth about his role, I've already given me reads which town can defer to tomorrow. So I ain't got no worries. You can hammer if you'd like. I think it's better than NL at this point, do you? 
Ok that’s kind of like what Lunatic said. Essentially he’s manipulative af. I definitely think it’s better to lynch someone that’s being blatantly anti-town by not claiming their role
Elminster
Debates: 0
Elminster
-->
@drafterman
I'm still willing to die at any time. If you think i'm not you are so sadly mistaken. I never give 0 fucks

What I have found out is that when you give scum a reason to lynch you

throw a fit, act anti town as possible. They are the first ones to jump on the wagon and the last ones to actually think over the consequences of being wrong. Look at the past 2 games I've did this and look whos been on the wagon. Scum always take an easy lynch

Elminster
Elminster
always give*
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@drafterman
FWIW this totally reads as a desperate, reverse-psychology gambit to not get lynched.
I completely agree.  However I am willing to vote Croc as well so if you think that wagon is more likely to happen within the next 3 hours, I'll hop on that.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@ILikePie5
Also, he's heavily hinting that he's hunter or supersaint or something like that. Does that make sense to you as a role for Stormbringer? Was Thor lynched and killed the person that lynched him?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@drafterman
Ok, so when you eventually role claim, if your role doesn't literally match up with your tool's use in the movies we should lynch you?
I think you should read my subsequent posts, where I explain why Ronan’s Hammer and Infinity Gauntlet would be better Strongarm claims. But for your information, my role fits well with my character.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
I agree that both my and Croc’s claims are more appropriate for Strongman. Honestly, wouldn’t have been at all surprised if that was my role.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Elminster
Because I could not stop for Death –
He kindly stopped for me – 
The Carriage held but just Ourselves – 
And Immortality.
I love this poem so much, I did an analysis of it in my high school poetry portfolio
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@drafterman
Also, he's heavily hinting that he's hunter or supersaint or something like that. Does that make sense to you as a role for Stormbringer? Was Thor lynched and killed the person that lynched him?
No it definitely does not. His role is speculation at best, we’d have to ask Lunatic for what he thought what his role was since it was directed at him. If he refuses to claim Id be more than happy to lynch him
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Elminster
Look at the past 2 games I've did this and look whos been on the wagon. Scum always take an easy lynch

I'd actually be curious for someone to do this (I can in like an hour but not right this second). It's true that scum will jump on an easy lynch, but you're either lying about being able to take another player down or you're just straight up anti town and deserve to die. You said you'd kill Luna and he isn't even on your wagon. You switched it to me either because you expect me to cave and change my vote out of panic, or because you can use the excuse I'm on your wagon and therefore you "scum read" me. But the truth is you don't scum read me which is why you haven't asked for a claim or put up any type of fight against my reasoning. Perhaps SCUM would jump on an easy wagon, but I actually made a CASE so I legitimately think you're scum and not trying to push an "easy lynch" on you. Therefore either you're town playing horribly or scum. In either case you should die. Would you wanna get a claim from Croc first though? I'm curious :) 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
 I explain why Ronan’s Hammer and Infinity Gauntlet would be better Strongarm claims

Yes, these are the two I selected as possible alternatives. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
Vote Count

Elminster - WaterPhoenix, Danielle, whiteflame, drafterman (4/6)
Lunatic - Greyparrot (1/6)
WaterPhoenix - Lunatic, SupaDudz (2/6)
ILikePie5 - warren42 (1/6)
Crocodile - ILikePie5 (1/6)

Speedrace
Speedrace
Also, let me know if y'all would prefer a 72 hour DP over 48 hours. Not sure if 48 is too short
Elminster
Elminster
Forged by Eitri in Nidavellir, and wielded alongside Mjølnir in the fight against Thanos. You are allegedly the most powerful weapon in Asgards history. I didn't finish thanos but I did well in combat, even though I failed the damage I do upon failure is staggering. 

Try me bitch

whiteflame
whiteflame
For what it’s worth, I’d like to get a claim from Croc, and this vote seems to be going nowhere. Might not be on for a bit, so this one’s staying up.

Unvote
VTL Croc

Danielle
Danielle
Also, let me know if y'all would prefer a 72 hour DP over 48 hours. Not sure if 48 is too short

I'd be down for extending (i.e. vote yes) but will go with whatever. 

I will be on and off between now and 4:30 pm EST, then signing off and probs won't be online much tonight. 
Elminster
Elminster
-->
@Danielle
I def slight scum read you. The fact that I just "raged" and threatened to kill a doc and the people on that wagon didnt blink, when they were all online and doubled down on it. 

I think you would do this because you are cocky enough to trust your reads. So its hard to get a flat read. But yeah I prob won't take you with me, but we will see how i'm feeling 

Elminster
Elminster
-->
@Danielle
O i'm straight anti town

I missed this part, I will not blink and shoot someone I think is scum. Won't even feel bad if im wrong

But yeah I'm shooting someone on that wagon if i go down. 

As of now you are number 2 or 3
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@whiteflame
For what it’s worth, I’d like to get a claim from Croc, and this vote seems to be going nowhere.

If he's scum and throwing a tantrum demanding to be lynched actually gets him out of it, I'ma be pissed. But yeah I'd be down to vote Croc if that wagon builds. He's done little to nothing and probably won't for the rest of the game tbh.

Elminster
Elminster
In all honesty no meme, I prob will kill whiteflame

I still trust my read on him and he was on that wagon and online during all that without a word. 

So "no memes" hes the person who is prob going with me if im lynched 
Speedrace
Speedrace

Yes - Danielle, Elminster, whiteflame (3/6)

If 3 other people agree then I'll extend all DPs to 72 hours
Elminster
Elminster
-->
@Speedrace
yes
Speedrace
Speedrace
Vote Count

Elminster - WaterPhoenix, Danielle, drafterman (3/6)
Crocodile - ILikePie5, whiteflame (1/6)

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Danielle
I would be happy to lynch Mikal if Croc makes a believable claim, or just wait for the next DP to lynch him if Croc becomes the target for this one.

And Mikal, I’ve been at work. Just because the browser’s open doesn’t mean I’m obsessively reading every post.
Elminster
Elminster
vtl whiteflame
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Speedrace
I’d like the extra time.

VTL 48 hr DP1
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@whiteflame
lol
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Elminster
I def slight scum read you. The fact that I just "raged" and threatened to kill a doc and the people on that wagon didnt blink, when they were all online and doubled down on it. 

You didn't threaten to kill a doc. You threatened to kill me and Luna, both of which haven't claimed. Water is the doc. Where did you mention him? 

I think you would do this because you are cocky enough to trust your reads. So its hard to get a flat read. But yeah I prob won't take you with me, but we will see how i'm feeling 
Lol I'm not cocky @ mafia. You have just legit been playing like absolute, positive flat out trash with absolutely zero utility to town. Like I said this lil gambit makes sense and I would 100% agree that scum would jump on an easy mislynch of you, HOWEVER, I made a case with multiple points (which you didn't bother responding to) so for you to think I'm going for an easy lynch against you is dumb. I went out of my way to make a case against you so that logic wouldn't fly with me bro.  Similarly expecting me to change my read on you based on your petulant little tantrum is dumb. So I don't think you scum read me at all. I think you're lying :) If you said you didn't scum read me but scum read others who hopped on, I'd believe you. But your willingness to lynch me just reads so, so scummy. Especially since you know that if I were mafia I'd know you were telling the truth about your claim. The fact that I'm so willing to test it and allegedly be taken down by you proves I don't know your affiliation and therefore am town.

I think you know all this. I think you're just scum. 

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
No. Keep it short.
Speedrace
Speedrace
Vote Count

Elminster - WaterPhoenix, Danielle, drafterman (3/6)
Crocodile - ILikePie5, whiteflame (1/6)
whiteflame - Elminster (1/6)

Yes - Danielle, Elminster, whiteflame (3/6)
No - drafterman (1/6)