Why is trump insisting that schools should reopen this fall?

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 78
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
I keep repeating over and over that I support re-opening schools safely. But that requires significant resources, guidelines and training to do properly. Trump is skipping the whole "safely" part and just going to "threaten them until they send children into a confined space where the virus can spread".
No. The Trump administration has laid out methods to safely reopen schools. Schools who do all online will lose funding to be sent over to the schools who need it.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ILikePie5
I understand people hear what they want to hear, read what they want to read rather than what is actually said and written, but this is getting beyond ridiculous.  Betsy Devos has explained what needs to happen, it's logical and makes sense.  If only people could just listen and control their ideology. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Greyparrot
@n8nrgmi
this is a state issue, which should be the conservative par for course.
Don't be silly, states rights are only ever relevant when the federal government is trying to make states do something you disagree with. If the federal government is making states do something you agree with then states rights are not an issue.

My boy GP will back me up on this. Tell 'im GP.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
My boy GP will back me up on this. Tell 'im GP.

Thanks for another round of satire with the ever popular DD. Noow, back to our  regular scheduled programming.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Greyparrot
You're not gonna back me up with this guy dissin' on our boy Trump? I thought we were tight, man.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You should fall back on your good/bad schticks. The hoi pelloi likes that kind of satire.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Greyparrot
Good/bad? Are you saying states rights are good or bad now? I thought it depended on whether the fed was run by someone we like.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I'm all for states running themselves like a 3rd world country. We need something to laugh at. Why all the hate for States?
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile

this guy may be stupid but he's right
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Crocodile
OP of your link was removed by reddit mods.
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
of course
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Crocodile
What were they saying?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Exactly. For the past 6 months, the most important thing the public needs to know, namely the number of healthy people 10 and younger dying from Covid, and the number of healthy 20-40 year old parents dying from Covid is the one thing the "Experts" are either not telling us on purpose, or that info is being censored.

If you ask a foamy mouthed CNN watcher this, their answer is "OF COURSE, LOTS OF YOUNG HEALTHY ADULTS AND YOUNG HEALTHY CHILDREN ARE DYING!" 

If you ask them for exact numbers, they just wipe their spittle away for a moment and demur,  "ASK CNN, THEY GET PAID 50,000 A DAY TO CARE ABOUT THIS AND ME."

Yet this is exactly the info the public needs to reopen the country. It's almost like..dun-doo-dunnnn... the Media is spinning a narrative and censoring info to make sure the country suffers till around... I dunno.. say Nov 3? When things can get back to "normal?"
RationalMadman
Debates: 574
RationalMadman
Donald fucking Trump, that is all to say.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
maybe schools dont deserve full funding if they aren't in full school mode. but that's not the point. the point is that trump is trying to coerce them against their will into opening, despite the fact that some schools obviously shouldn't reopen due to spreading the virus concerns. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@n8nrgmi
which state couldn't open some or most of their schools on a different schedule?  maybe every other day?  including weekends or late hours?  is children's education important enough to go to that effort?  The states are not obligated or legally required to take federal funding, it's their choice, sometimes choices are difficult and unpopular.  However (maybe you've experienced this) when faced with very difficult choices you find a way to make it work, if it's important enough, you will find a way, right?