Why old money votes Democrat

Author: WyIted

Total: 26
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
This comes from studying history and looking at stuff like the French revolution and ancient Roman society where the evil wealthy old guard was a bit more open about their actions. Here are the following reasons I have discovered.

1. Status signaling

This is the most boring reason but still true, especially in Hollywood or for the children of people who have generated a lot of wealth but who never really had to work hard themselves. They often just follow what intellectual trends are in vogue. Lately it has been  some truly retarded shit, and these same people often do not have a deep understanding of the philosophies they have adopted, merely because it is an accessory to them. Not too different than when they virtue signal by raising awareness for aids by wearing red bracelets. Not because they actually give a shit, but to feel morally superior to the plebs who are too busy with real jobs to pay much attention to such tragedies.

2. The wealthy elite have always wanted a slave class. In this day and age it is really cheap labor. God forbid they have to mow their own lawn or drive themselves somewhere, so they support Democrats so they can open the flood gates of cheap labor and own the modern equivalent of slaves or the closest approximate they can reasonably acquire.

3. This confuses some liberals but the old money actually likes regulations. If you have a person who owns a bunch of rental properties in New York, obviously they will be petitioning the state to create more regulations to prevent affordable housing in the form of high rise apartments to come in. It would decrease the amount of rents they can collect. This old money also often creates lots of regulations to keep new players from riaing up to compete. What do you need to be a painter.  Just a paint brush a ladder and a pail of paint but no the liberal old money who has 3 painting crews and several construction companies does not like your competition so now it takes you having to register with the state, do continuing education credits for painting, they require you to be licensed and bonded etc., basically preventing a lot of people from going into business for themselves. 

4. DeI

A lot of people also look at DEI and wonder why old money supports it. If they fill the tops of their companies with incompetent idiots, does it not hurt them? We all seem to suffer when companies hire based on some stupid criteria as opposed to being strictly merit based. Planes are literally starting to fall out of the sky as a result, but old money doesn't care. The thing they fear most is new money,  so by putting thes jobs in the hands of incompetent fools it prevents some extremely talented fast risers from threatening their power. 

4. After a lot of these slave rebellions and revolts by lower classes where the wealthy quite justifiably end up with their heads on pikes the wealthy began to realize that in order to pacify the sub human doors they would need to perhaps pool their money together in the form of taxes for welfare and other such pacifying vehicles. You can go look at articles up right now by these liberal elite which criticize both the left and right. Telling the left that a strong welfare state cannot exist without a strong capitalist state and that capitalism cannot survive as the poor will be upset if they have no safety net. So they are pretty open about their intent.

So you might at this point wonder what is the solution. I do know that, but it requires a further analysis of what identical attribute 90% of the left and the right have in common and why both are wrong, and why a 3rd position is superior to both. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
Old Money also likes Unions as they are a partner in destroying competition.

"You work for us and nobody else...and if you see someone not in your union, you go break their legs for us until they join your (our) union."

Unions are basically the head house slave on the plantation. If they get too uppity, the Old Money sends in the taskmaster (Joe Biden) to get them back to work with forced arbitration of work complaints.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

I thought Trump was old money?
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@WyIted
I think there is also a psychological factor in this. What you describe is more or less amoral self-interest, but I don't think that explains everything we see in every detail.

I think heirs and heiresses tend to be brought up in such a way their their view of the world is warped. If they self-reflect (and not everyone does) they rarely find a sound philosophy and instead find themselves focused on their luxurious life and trying to explain it. They feel forced to choose between delusions of genetic grandeur and original sin.

Original sin leads them to the new left-tribe religion these days. That is where they can be properly flagellated (verbally) for having racist and greedy ancestors (whether this can be confirmed or not doesn't matter). Then they get their absolution through the virtue signalling and tithes to reparations and the DNC.

Another trap is when empathetic rich heirs buy into the lie that if it wasn't for the greed everyone would be just as comfortable as they were. These people tend actually try and help others but usually they're too naive to know how to do so efficiently, they run into a wall where they would have to start sacrificing their future comfort, many refuse to do that and then feel guilty about it leading to the previous scenario.

Since FLRW is going to be unable to help himself and remind everyone Trump is a rich heir, I would say that if there is a way to avoid these psychological traps it would be to force your children to succeed on their own. Even if you give them significant seed money (and that is truly a great advantage that most people never have) they learn the utterly critical lesson that money does not grow on trees, you make the wrong decision and you lose it for little in return. This causes them to realize that their recent ancestors were if nothing else cunning and industrious which can neutralize the guilt the left-religion tries to induce.

I really have no idea how Trump made more money and I don't know how the average person would do with the same seed money, but I can tell you one thing for sure: There is nothing wrong with that man's ego, no guilt problem at all.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty

I believe we should have a Federal tax law that only allows a person to pass on $100,000 to each child.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
I believe the words "federal tax law" should be a profane slur used against collectivists trying to drag the future civilization of humanity back into the dark ages.
FLRW
FLRW

If that were the case, Trump would be working at Walmart and be driving a Lexus,
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@WyIted
I'm waiting for you to provide a shred of evidence of your underlying position. I would be willing to bet the vast majority of old money votes republican. You know, the party based on suppressing everyone but the rich and making the government just a tool to serve the interests of the rich. 

This comes from studying history and looking at stuff like the French revolution 
what? the old money, ie nobility, were almost entirely behind the right. ie the monarchy. there were some prominent nobles who supported reform, but most of them were in favor of the old guard, IE the republicans. 
FLRW
FLRW
What did Jesus say about rich people?
How hard it is for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God! Indeed it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is a rich man to enter the kingdom of God” (Luke 18:24-25).
FLRW
FLRW

The only way to reduce the National Debt is to tax rich people. Remember that Eisenhower had a 90 percent top tax rate to get rid of the same debt/GDP ratio that we have today. It’s time Congress took control of this country’s economy and do what must be done to take the power away from the greedy rich guys who will never let middle class America bloom the way it did before Ronald Reagan handed the economy to the millionaires and billionaires.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
The party based on suppressing everyone but the rich and making the government just a tool to serve the interests of the rich. 

You mean the Uniparty?
Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Eisenhower had a 90 percent top tax rate
I would be fine with 95% tax rate. Super rich are harmful for economy, competition and society.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
I would be fine with a 100% tax rate. I am  a communist for 1 month.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
You mean the Uniparty?
there is certainly some overlap in being supportive of the rich. American politics is designed around money. So it's basically impossible to rise to the upper levels of politics without support from the wealthy.

That being said, the democrats actually do stuff to help regular people. The republicans do not. They almost exclusively help the rich and piss on the poor. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
the democrats actually do stuff to help regular people
Printing money and giving it away is actually helpful.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Printing money and giving it away is actually helpful.
unequivocally, yes. it absolutely is. The problem was that they handed way more money to their rich, crony, asshole friends. Good policy is giving money to people. They use that money at businesses and drive growth. Bad policy is handing money to corporations and rich people. It usually ends up in a swiss bank account, used for stock buybacks etc. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
-->
@HistoryBuff
Good policy is giving money to people
Printing money is bad idea. Give poor person 100$, it lasts him a few days, but price increase after is forever.

We need to tax the super rich 99% of all they got.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Best.Korea
Printing money is bad idea. Give poor person 100$, it lasts him a few days, but price increase after is forever.
like with everything, the details matter. but no, giving everyone 100 will have no noticeable impact on inflation. The only way that it could is if it prompted everyone to try to buy the same product at the same time. But that's not what people do. Some will buy groceries, some will pay off debts, some will buy drugs etc. 

We need to tax the super rich 99% of all they got.
absolutely. The plan is much better if we simply increase revenue by taxing the rich, then giving that money to regular people. That would stimulate economic growth more than any corporate or rich person tax cut. But the republicans just love the idea of taking care of the rich and that will help everyone, somehow....
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FLRW
I thought Trump was old money?
Common misconception. Even in wealthy circles their is a social hierarchy and those who make their money from real estate or by owning car dealerships are frowned upon
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@HistoryBuff
I'm waiting for you to provide a shred of evidence of your underlying position
Literally just ask the next wealthy people you see who have been wealthy for several generations. If you know 3 than the likelihood is that two will vote democrat.

would be willing to bet the vast majority of old money votes republican. You know, the party based on suppressing everyone but the rich and making the government just a tool to serve the interests of the rich. 
See OP it explains the reasoning and how it benefits the left. For example how I pointed out leftists love regulation to keep out new comers so they can hoard wealth. 

what? the old money, ie nobility, were almost entirely behind the right. ie the monarchy. there were some prominent nobles who supported reform, but most of them were in favor of the old guard, IE the republicans
It's no longer the 1700s and now old money prefers the left. For the reasons stated in the opening poat
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Original sin leads them to the new left-tribe religion these days. That is where they can be properly flagellated (verbally) for having racist and greedy ancestors (whether this can be confirmed or not doesn't matter). Then they get their absolution through the virtue signalling and tithes to reparations and the DNC.

I agree with this and I really do emphasize with those people and hope they can learn to appreciate the hard work their ancestors did to get them there. Hell even if the sacrifice was some deeply illegal or unethical thing, they should still take advantage instead if feeling guilt since no money can be obtained without some moral harm

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@WyIted
Literally just ask the next wealthy people you see who have been wealthy for several generations. If you know 3 than the likelihood is that two will vote democrat.
so you make an assertion and when asked for proof you say it's my job to go out and poll rich people? That's not how this works. You are making an assertion. Provide supporting evidence or we can just assume you're making it up. Which I suspect you are. 

See OP it explains the reasoning and how it benefits the left. For example how I pointed out leftists love regulation to keep out new comers so they can hoard wealth. 
lol no. The rich love regulation cuts. It allows them to do whatever they want, like cutting wages or safety standards, using substandard or dangerous materials, dumping toxic byproducts etc. Regulations force them to behave in a way that doesn't harm the public good. They hate that. 

It's no longer the 1700s and now old money prefers the left. For the reasons stated in the opening poat
you have provided 0 supporting evidence for this and your "reasons" are super weak. 
WyIted
WyIted

so you make an assertion and when asked for proof you say it's my job to go out and poll rich people? That's not how this works. You are making an assertion. Provide supporting evidence or we can just assume you're making it up. Which I suspect you are. 

I will give you a citation.

I know I know. You and everyone else in existence already knows this is true unless you are a complete retard, but you were hoping this phenomenon that we all know 100% for a fact exists has not been resear he'd so you can cope.

lol no. The rich love regulation cuts. It allows them to do whatever they want, like cutting wages or safety standards, using substandard or dangerous materials, dumping toxic byproducts etc. Regulations force them to behave in a way that doesn't harm the public good. They hate that. 
This is a popular myth on the left but billionaires typically care more about market capture than profit. This is why they use regulatio s to keep out competitors.  After the FDA was formed we went from 90% locally grown food to t food companies controlling 75% of the market. Right now open AI is begging congress to for regulation so it is impossible for some broke computer engineer to build up a rival company. Drugs take billions to come to market all because of regulation but you somehow think that big businesses hate that they have a monopoly on bringing drugs to market due to the high price of entry. 

you have provided 0 supporting evidence for this and your "reasons" are super weak. 
Well I gave you a citation in this post and I am actually wondering if you are a legit retard who has never interacted with a wealthy person or if you are just a liar, because we all, already knew my citation was true
WyIted
WyIted
Did you know that rich people have more money for lobbyists to create laws than poor people and that regulatory agencies and fortune 500 boardrooms are basically revolving doors. And yet history buff knowing these people control the government want evil big business to have more power by expanding the powers of government.  Dude is retarded or evil
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
I'm still amazed how the rich convinced people that slave migration labor is good for poor Americans.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Greyparrot
They do it by playing both sides. Usually it's conservatives who see themselves as moderates fucking Americans over along with all liberals. 

They play the whole labor shortage game to drive down American wages.

Truck drivers make too much. 

Please government pay for truck driver trai ING and lower the age to 18

Nurses make too much and news articles start popping up "we have a nursing shortage and need low IQ Haitians imported Stat to care for our most vulnerable people"

It's a shell game that is finally being interrupted a bit and they are freaking out about it.