zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Atheism.

Theism.

Two of many,

States of mind relative to variable programming.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam wrote @ ludofl3x What do you mean by good?

Define the word good, for us.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Double_R
YouFound_Lxam wrote: Atheism: Belief that no God exists #4

Double_R wrote:  this definition does not apply to the vast majority of people you would call atheists.#25

This, I am sure, is the universally accepted definition of the word and meaning of Atheist.
athe·ism

noun
  1. disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

So why doesn't it apply to the vast majority of atheists?

Mall
Debates: 379
Mall
-->
@ludofl3x
Believing there are no gods due to no evidence you see personally is one if not the weakest basis for atheism.
Mall
Mall
-->
@IlDiavolo
Agnosticism is more rational than atheism.
Mall
Mall
-->
@Double_R
It's the same difference. Having no belief in gods/having a belief in no gods is the same difference. Like saying half full, half empty. You get the same value. When it's defined with saying "A belief in", it tends to ruffle the feathers as it sounds like atheists have faith too which is true. They have faith in a lot of things. They also have a religion, a church and a bible of their own.
Mall
Mall
-->
@FLRW
Christianity is a man made religion.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
1} Patriarchal Creator God ----illogical, lack of common sense critical thinking ----- i.e, is an imagined { Meta-space mind/intellect/concept }  as if the human{s} were a God,  outside of the conceptually finite, occupied space Universe, looking back in, as if they, as God,  held in their Meta-space conceptually this imagined Universe in their imagined hands.

Hes got the whole wide world in his hands, he' got the whole wide world in his hands.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2} God as the eternally existent, finite, occupied space Universe. 

3} any logical, common sense critical thinking alternatives to these two? No. I didnt think so.

Best.Korea
Debates: 332
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
sounds like atheists have faith too which is true. They have faith in a lot of things. They also have a religion, a church and a bible of their own.
Heh, well, out of curiosity, which Bible do atheists have? I mean, whats it called? Where is it? 
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
God. And I know that seems like I am joking, but I am not. 

God is the definition of goodness. He defines it. You can't get objective good from anywhere else. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ebuc
1} Patriarchal Creator God ----illogical, lack of common sense critical thinking ----- i.e, is an imagined { Meta-space mind/intellect/concept }  as if the human{s} were a God,  outside of the conceptually finite, occupied space Universe, looking back in, as if they, as God,  held in their Meta-space conceptually this imagined Universe in their imagined hands.
Are you presuming God is imagined?

Because if you are then all of reality imagined? Because that's where I get my evidence. 

2} God as the eternally existent, finite, occupied space Universe. 
No, he is beyond Space and Time. That is the only logical explanation. 

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
No, he is beyond Space and Time. That is the only logical explanation. 

You need to go back to post 38, and read, and re-read til you can grasp that you --and your type---- are stuck in imaginary, illogical, lack of common sense critical thinking aka Alice n Wonderland.

Humans can lead your type to fresh water, however, Universe allows only the individiual --ex you-- to choose between drinking fresh water, or,

return to the polluted cesspool aspects that can be found within the greater i.e. more generalized,   Meta-space mind/intellect/concepts and ego.

Talking to Biblical nutters is like talking to a drunkard. The conversation leads nowhere fruitful { fruit is nutritious }.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

God is the definition of goodness. He defines it. You can't get objective good from anywhere else. 

And do you have any examples of how god represents or defines  the word "good"?  

And can you name one ethical statement made, or one ethical action performed, by a believer that could not have been uttered or done by a nonbeliever.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
His nature. He has his moral code written in our hearts. 
Stephen
Stephen

God is the definition of goodness. He defines it. You can't get objective good from anywhere else.  He has his moral code written in our hearts. 

That is a statement not a example. Can you give me an example of gods good on display?

His nature.

What is "his nature" and show an example of his good nature?

And can you name one ethical statement made, or one ethical action performed, by a believer that could not have been uttered or done by a nonbeliever.

Moozer325
Debates: 13
Moozer325
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I’m an agnostic Atheist. I think it’s possible that God exists, just very improbable.

My reasoning is mostly the problem of evil, specifically animal evil and natural evil.

Divine hiddeness, inconsistency in revaluations and non-resistant non-believers also are good arguments in my opinion.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Moozer325
I’m an agnostic Atheist. I think it’s possible that God exists, just very improbable.
Would you consider doing a debate titled:
It is more likely than not that a God exists? 

Or at least conversate about it if you prefer? 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
That is a statement not a example. Can you give me an example of gods good on display?
His sacrificial love. 

If God is the ultimate being and has full control over his creation, then he defines everything including good. 

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are 3 persons in one nature.
An eternal relationship. 
An eternal loving bond.

His nature is love by definition. 

No. Because non-believers can do and believe good things. 
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Would you consider doing a debate titled:
It is more likely than not that a God exists? 

Or at least conversate about it if you prefer? 
I did that one once before. I'd be open to doing it again, just know that I might take a while with my arguments, I'm pretty busy right now.
FLRW
FLRW

Angel:      Yes, and also that very smart person that only friends people on DA that have an IQ of 156 or better.
You all know that the Angel is talking about ludofl3x don't you?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Moozer325
For sure. I'll DM you sometime with details

Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Thanks, I look forward to it!

Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
Satanic bible of the laveyan church.
Mall
Mall
All is in agreement as I take silence .
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
Satanic bible of the laveyan church
Are you sure all atheists follow only that one? What about Draconian ritual book? Some follow that too.

You seem to think atheists have only one single book like Christians do, but atheists have many books.

I am Lucifer
The angel and the devil
Father of serpents
Spirit of rebellion
Initiator of the way
I am the Emperor of all spirits above and below
He who has built his kingdom in everlasting darkness
Son of the morning
Star of the dawn
The shining one
Mall
Mall
-->
@Best.Korea
I never said all. I said atheists. More than one which is plural doesn't necessitate all .
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Moozer325

My reasoning is mostly the problem of evil, specifically animal evil and natural evil.

Divine hiddeness, inconsistency in revaluations and non-resistant non-believers also are good arguments in my opinion.
 Nice.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
His sacrificial love. 
What is sacrificial love? 
What did god sacrifice?

If God is the ultimate being and has full control over his creation, then he defines everything including good. 
"IF" ?  Well, first off you haven't shown me any evidence of the existence of a god , good. loving or otherwise.. Second, you still haven't show a single example of god or his "good" works proving he is "good". What you have done is invented your own definition of the word "good" and asserted that the definition of good is- god.

Again you have only made a statement and not shown a single example of god or The Trinity and his good nature.

How?

No. Because non-believers can do and believe good things. 

Indeed they can. And without the interference or influence or command and instruction of a god. 

You need to let that and your own reply sink in a while.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mall
I never said all. I said atheists.
Actually, the word "atheists" includes all atheists. Thats how word categories work by law of identity. Atheists = all atheists
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
What is sacrificial love? 
What did god sacrifice?
In this specific case, it is sacrificing something that you love for the love of others.
In Christianity God scarified his Son and put the burden of death upon him. 

"IF" ?  Well, first off you haven't shown me any evidence of the existence of a god , good. loving or otherwise..
We have literally been talking about evidence of the existence of a God. Morality. We are talking about that specific one right now. 

Second, you still haven't show a single example of god or his "good" works proving he is "good". What you have done is invented your own definition of the word "good" and asserted that the definition of good is- god.
You're putting God into categorical terms. 
You're also telling me that in order for God to be good, he has to do good works? 
Man doesn't even need to do good works in order to obtain eternal life. 
So why should God be held to that standard?

Heck, why do you have the authority to hold God to a categorically human standard?

Also, you say I invented my own definition of the word God, then prove it. What is the definition then if mine is just made up?

Again you have only made a statement and not shown a single example of god or The Trinity and his good nature.
You didn't ask me to show an example of the Trinity. You asked me:

I responded with the answer to the first question with:

And the second one with:
An eternal relationship. 
An eternal loving bond.

The answer to both was the trinity and his nature shows an eternal loving relationship. That is his good nature. 

How?
To repeat myself:
An eternal relationship. 
An eternal loving bond.

Indeed they can. And without the interference or influence or command and instruction of a god. 
Without the command is correct, but the rest unfortunately no.

God interferes in our hearts, and influences creation. He also instructs moral law, and that is what guides people to do good things.