Atheism v.s Theism

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 89
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
I'm not here to start a conversation about the Christain God, that is a topic for another time. 

I would also love in the future to do conversations on cross references and disputes in the Bible. I think that would be a very entertaining and enlightening conversation. 

But I felt like I needed to do this one first so here it is.

You can state your position and why, and people are welcome to challenge it, and hopefully we can get some entertaining and educational conversations going in this forum. I will be adding in as well.

The topic is Atheism v.s Theism. So, anything at all to do with that. 
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I'm not here to start a conversation about the Christain God, that is a topic for another time. [........................................

............................] The topic is Atheism v.s Theism. So, anything at all to do with that. 

Unless I am missing something, this makes no sense.  How can you hold a discussion concerning Atheism v.s Theism when both sides are, or will be, arguing whether or not the Christian god exists?

athe·ism

noun
  1. disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

the·ism

noun
  1. belief in the existence of a god or gods, specifically of a creator who intervenes in the universe. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
Atheism: Belief that no God exists 

Theism: Belief that a God or Gods exist

That includes Muslims, Hindus, possibly agnostics, and Mormons, as well as any other religion that has an idea of God. 

So no, not just the Christian God.

Best.Korea
Debates: 331
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
By probability argument, you could say theists have the starting advantage which is quite strong and really favors them.

Atheist cant disprove undetectable God. This is actually scientifically almost impossible for most things. Especially God and supernatural.

Theist only needs to prove that some God has over 50% chance to be real to win debate.

So proving that there is 51% probability that God exists wins a debate about God being likely or probable.

Proving that "1%" is a bigger challenge than anything else, but its 50% by default start, making theism undisprovable.

There is  argument that if God cannot be proven, people should still believe in God due to benefits.

So I find that a debate about theism vs atheism has nothing in it for an atheist to make argument.

Christianity is easier to make arguments against, but theism on its own means any God, which is undisprovable.

One could even argue that polytheism, due to believing in many things, has more chance to be right.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
I agree on a personal note, however I believe that the dialogue between atheists and theists is very interesting, and athiests do have fair objections to the idea of God.

That’s the reason for this forum. I’ll probably have better luck with interaction whenever I start with the Biblical dialogue forum lol. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
I too find this topic interesting, but is there something a little less broad you want to explore? Just saying "go" won't give you a foothold. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
Well, I would personally like others to express why they believe what they believe then go off of that. 

I’m giving the opportunity for both theists and atheists to express why they believe what they believe.

I apologize if I didn’t make that more clear.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
My lack of belief in gods is that I don't have enough evidence to believe otherwise. I can't append "therefore it was done by gods" to every "I don't know." 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
My lack of belief in gods is that I don't have enough evidence to believe otherwise. I can't append "therefore it was done by gods" to every "I don't know." 
I believe your second point is fair. I wouldn’t try to assume God of the Gaps Fallacy, just like I wouldn’t want an Atheist to use Time of the Gaps Fallacy, which is basically the same thing in principle. 

As for your first point:
How much evidence would you need to believe otherwise? How much evidence would be enough? 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
How much evidence would you need to believe otherwise? How much evidence would be enough? 
I would say that "some" would be a start. To believe something extraordinary, generally you'd need an "extraordinary" amount of evidence, right? For example, if I said I owned a dog, you'd probably take me at my word, inasmuch as you'd be able to tell a third party "That guy has a dog." If I said I owned an elephant, you might need more than my word, maybe a few pictures of me and my elephant, maybe I'd show you receipts for food I buy for the elephant, or the trailer I have on my car so I can take my elephant places. Then you could tell a friend "I know it sounds weird, but that guy owns an elephant, and I am confident in that because XYZ." If I said I owned a dragon, you probably want to see the dragon yourself before you could say "That guy owns a dragon," to someone else. Or, before you start donating money to my dragon reserve park and dragon preservation society, right? Or before you start living your life according to the new information that dragons are a real thing, like taking measures to avoid being eaten by dragons, or trying to learn how to get a dragon of your own.

Does that make sense?

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
I would say that "some" would be a start. To believe something extraordinary, generally you'd need an "extraordinary" amount of evidence, right?
I mean I guess it depends on your definition of extraordinary. Like us as humans believe that we are conscience, yet we have no knowledge of what that even is. The only evidence we have is our being if that makes sense.

So I guess that it depends on your definition of extraordinary. How much does that entail? 

For example, if I said I owned a dog, you'd probably take me at my word, inasmuch as you'd be able to tell a third party "That guy has a dog." If I said I owned an elephant, you might need more than my word, maybe a few pictures of me and my elephant, maybe I'd show you receipts for food I buy for the elephant, or the trailer I have on my car so I can take my elephant places. Then you could tell a friend "I know it sounds weird, but that guy owns an elephant, and I am confident in that because XYZ." If I said I owned a dragon, you probably want to see the dragon yourself before you could say "That guy owns a dragon," to someone else. Or, before you start donating money to my dragon reserve park and dragon preservation society, right? Or before you start living your life according to the new information that dragons are a real thing, like taking measures to avoid being eaten by dragons, or trying to learn how to get a dragon of your own.
Yes obviously I agree 100% with everything you said right here. 

Big claims require big evidence. 
So the question becomes what your definition of extraordinary is?

For God at least, or Theism, how much would that entail? 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
So the question becomes what your definition of extraordinary is?

For God at least, or Theism, how much would that entail? 
Something that departs from everything we know today about the nature of our world or existence would be "extraordinary."

I thought we were limiting, at least for now, to theism, which to my understanding is the existence of some god or gods, not any specific deity. Using that paradigm, I don't know what sort of extraordinary evidence there would be. You know who'd know that? The gods trying to prove their existence. Such beings would be able to provide strong evidence, I'd think, particularly if they interact with our real world day to day lives. Did you have something in mind to propose? Maybe there's another approach to this question that will help us move the discussion forward. 

What evidence was it that convinced you when you picked your religion that you had the right set of gods? Tell me what it was and I'll tell you if it's enough to convince me. At some point, you were not religious, and then at another point, you were. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
Something that departs from everything we know today about the nature of our world or existence would be "extraordinary."
So you would need some supernatural evidence?

I thought we were limiting, at least for now, to theism, which to my understanding is the existence of some god or gods, not any specific deity. Using that paradigm, I don't know what sort of extraordinary evidence there would be. You know who'd know that? The gods trying to prove their existence. Such beings would be able to provide strong evidence, I'd think, particularly if they interact with our real world day to day lives. Did you have something in mind to propose? Maybe there's another approach to this question that will help us move the discussion forward.
Well I personally believe that any evidence that a God or Gods could provide wouldn’t matter to true atheists at least because atheism in of itself starts with the presupposition that no God exists, therefore everything has a materialistic or natural explanation.

For instance Richard Dawkins was asked what it would take for him to believe in God. He replied by saying,” nothing” because he presumed if he did see a miracle, he would assume it was a hallucination or technologically advanced aliens. 

In order to have a conversation like this, you have to have a level of openness to God or the concept. If you go in with the purpose of proving God wrong and not actually searching for truth, then you will find any reason to not believe, or to deny. 

As for your statement regarding a God or Gods being able to show themselves, I have my personal reasons as to why, God doesn’t, but that entails Christianity. I guess it depends on which God you look at to determine the answer to that question of why God doesn’t show himself. 

Either way I do think there is strong evidence for God. Life itself is an indicator of divine command as well as our universe and our moral structures in society. All the foundations of humanity are built on a structure that is beyond our physical selves. That’s why we can have philosophical interactions like these I believe.

What evidence was it that convinced you when you picked your religion that you had the right set of gods? Tell me what it was and I'll tell you if it's enough to convince me. At some point, you were not religious, and then at another point, you were.
I don’t think I would have enough space to put all the evidence of the reasons, but I can add them as we go. I can provide the basic foundations of mine, but I won’t go into the Christian aspect until I have passed the evidence for God aspect first. 

My main reasons are:
Origins of Life
Origins of the Universe
Morality
Mathematics
Personal experience

And we can go into those if you have specific questions. These go very deep, and they seem surface level, but we can get into it. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
In order to have a conversation like this, you have to have a level of openness to God or the concept. If you go in with the purpose of proving God wrong and not actually searching for truth, then you will find any reason to not believe, or to deny. 
I am open to the concept of gods. I just have never seen anything that convinces me they're real, that they exist today, or interact with our daily lives. I can certainly see how some gods made sense to people years ago, particularly pantheon style systems like those of Greece, Rome, ancient Norse, Hindu, etc. Does that help?

Either way I do think there is strong evidence for God. Life itself is an indicator of divine command as well as our universe and our moral structures in society. 
You're smuggling this, perhaps not intentionally, but several times here. How did you get from small g gods to a specific god here? I don't understand how life itself is an indicator of anything beyond life being here. Divine command as I understand is a moral system (divine command wrestles with is it moral because god says it's moral, so god dictates morality by fiat, as opposed to morality guiding god's decisions, making god subject to morality, not author of it), not evidence of anything unless you accept prima facie that a particular god exists (which again is the cart before the horse).

Origins of Life
Origins of the Universe
Morality
Mathematics
Excellent. Let's leave personal experience off the list, because I don't have yours and you don't have mine, so we can't argue that sensible. Let's pick one and just see where it goes. I nominate morality. For me, I try to live a moral life. I don't always get it right, admittedly. I don't believe in any gods, and none of my decisions vis a vis morals are ever run through the filter of "what would a god do here." I don't kill anyone, I don't rape anyone, I don't steal from anyone, I try to be a good dad, all that without any gods. I don't do the right thing for a reward, I don't avoid the wrong thing for fear of punishment in some other dimension, as Christians do. If I don't need any gods to be a moral person, how does morality support the existence of gods? particularly if proto-morality, the concept of fairness, exists in animals who do not have, as far as we can tell, any concept of gods. 

Please answer the question I asked earlier, because if you had evidence to make your decision, it must have been pretty compelling. As I point out, at one point, you were not religious, and then at another point you were. What was the evidence that compelled you to make the decision to follow that religion? In other words, at some point you questioned the origins of life, per your list, and you concluded "gods did this and I know this because ... and now I will live my remaining life according to this set of rules and beliefs." 

FLRW
FLRW
Angel:    God, wake up. There is a new topic on DA about you again.

God:        OMG, I bet that very handsome and smart young man and that old handsome and smart man are commenting, right?

Angel:      Yes, and also that very smart person that only friends people on DA that have an IQ of 156 or better.

God:          See if they can figure out that I'm in God Prison. Also get me some more nude pictures of Melania off Trump's iPhone.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
I am open to the concept of gods. I just have never seen anything that convinces me they're real, that they exist today, or interact with our daily lives. I can certainly see how some gods made sense to people years ago, particularly pantheon style systems like those of Greece, Rome, ancient Norse, Hindu, etc. Does that help?
What would convince you? 
What type of extraordinary evidence would you require? 

You're smuggling this, perhaps not intentionally, but several times here. How did you get from small g gods to a specific god here?
I meant to say God or Gods. Either one suffices. 

I don't understand how life itself is an indicator of anything beyond life being here.
The complexity of life is overwhelming. I would recommend listening to a couple of lectures and talks by Dr. James Tour. He is very educated in the field of the origins of life and the complexity it holds. 

On of the fundamental comparisons I love to make is the computer/brain. 

If you found a fully working laptop on a planet far away, you wouldn’t assume that it was created by random unguided processes. You would assume someone created that laptop or at least a designer had to play a part.

And so I believe that it is funny that our body’s, just one cell contains more data in the DNA than the whole Encyclopedia Britannica. 

And that is one cell. Not even getting into the complexity of proteins and amino acids, the building blocks of life, and the amount of stuff it takes for those to even come close to produce small pieces. 

Divine command as I understand is a moral system (divine command wrestles with is it moral because god says it's moral, so god dictates morality by fiat, as opposed to morality guiding god's decisions, making god subject to morality, not author of it), not evidence of anything unless you accept prima facie that a particular god exists (which again is the cart before the horse).
I apologize I egregiously used the wrong language. I mean to say “divine intervention” instead of command. 

Excellent. Let's leave personal experience off the list, because I don't have yours and you don't have mine, so we can't argue that sensible.
That’s fair, however I wasn’t using it as an argument point I was simply providing an answer to the question. Just to clarify. 

Let's pick one and just see where it goes. I nominate morality.
Let’s do it.

For me, I try to live a moral life. I don't always get it right, admittedly. I don't believe in any gods, and none of my decisions vis a vis morals are ever run through the filter of "what would a god do here." I don't kill anyone, I don't rape anyone, I don't steal from anyone, I try to be a good dad, all that without any gods. I don't do the right thing for a reward, I don't avoid the wrong thing for fear of punishment in some other dimension, as Christians do. If I don't need any gods to be a moral person, how does morality support the existence of gods? particularly if proto-morality, the concept of fairness, exists in animals who do not have, as far as we can tell, any concept of gods.
I’m gonna start this off with questions to your comments on morality. What do you mean by good? What do you mean by the right thing? What do you mean by the wrong thing? What do you mean by moral person? 

Because when you make truth statements about good or fair or right or wrong, you are comparing whatever you’re calling right or wrong, to a standard. There is a standard there that you use to measure right or wrong. So what standard do you use? 

What was the evidence that compelled you to make the decision to follow that religion?
I already told you the evidence. You chose to go off of the moral evidence for conversation. But the other ones exist too. If I am misunderstanding I apologize. 

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
What would convince you? 
What type of extraordinary evidence would you require? 
I answered this one: something that would be completely against everything we know about the laws of nature and our shared existence. Because I'm a product of those things, I have a hard time imagining what that evidence might be. But doesn't it stand to reason that a being as powerful as a god would be able to provide this evidence unequivocally, and with no effort on their part? 

I'm not saying the complexity of life ISN'T overwhelming. But my lack of ability to comprehensively understand that doesn't make evidence for anything other than my own limitations. How are you getting evidence of a god or gods from the complexity of life? Or how much information our DNA contains, or the existence of proteins and the interactions of amino acids? What specifically about these leads to "so gods exist"?

What do you mean by good? What do you mean by the right thing? What do you mean by the wrong thing? What do you mean by moral person? 
By 'good,' I mean what's generally accepted as good: not harmful to the people around me, or in accordance with the implicit agreement among the people in my community, or what's required for the protection of my family, the benefit of others. etc. I try to use reason, and probably most importantly, empathy, to make those decisions. That's what I mean. I admit, it's not a very easy thing to define, but that's the reason it changes over time. What we as a society see as good or bad, moral or immoral, changes as we learn and grow. But I literally have never said to myself, when presented with a decision with moral implications, "what would god or gods do here?" Is that a tool you find yourself using in your life today?

Because when you make truth statements about good or fair or right or wrong, you are comparing whatever you’re calling right or wrong, to a standard. There is a standard there that you use to measure right or wrong. So what standard do you use? 

I disagree that there's a standard. Not a universal one, anyway. I act in accordance with what my community accepts as morally good or morally bad. This is exactly what people do all over the world. In some communities, it's considered moral to kill and eat a horse. In my community, it isn't. Which one is doing the "right" thing? The "moral" thing?

n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

evidence: God, christianity, miracles, NDEs, the afterlife

Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
The Theistic conclusion in not logically coercive, the human experience of reality is theistically ambiguous, which is to say that the human experience can be interpreted theistically or naturalistically with equal rational justification. That is why it has always been a matter of faith, but for those who choose it, it does provide a rationally satisfying way of making sense of the broadest possible band of human experience, of uniting in a single account, the rich and many layered encounters that we have with a reality that is experienced as full of value, meaning, and purpose.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
I answered this one: something that would be completely against everything we know about the laws of nature and our shared existence.
Well if you’re talking about things like the Big Bang, Origins of Life, and Origins of morality, those concepts do go against the laws of nature. Might I add mathematics do as well. 

The Big Bang is a supernatural event in of itself, or at least whatever ignited it. 

The Origin of Life had to of been against the laws of nature, because the laws of nature tell us that life cannot come from non-life. It isn’t possible.

The Origins of morality also meet that criteria, but we are already talking about it in this next section, so I’ll leave it to that. 

I'm not saying the complexity of life ISN'T overwhelming. But my lack of ability to comprehensively understand that doesn't make evidence for anything other than my own limitations. How are you getting evidence of a god or gods from the complexity of life?
Not only the complexity, but the origins. That is a supernatural event as well. And we have overwhelming evidence for it. 

Your saying you have a lack of knowledge on the complexity of life, therefor you assume there is an answer, but you say your not getting evidence of God or Gods? 

Your presupposition that the answer has to be someone naturalistic in order to be considered logical, is exactly what I was talking about. You have to be open to the possibility of God or Gods being real.

Why are you even able to comprehend the idea of the supernatural. It’s never been demonstrated to you yes? So how can you even wrap your head around it. But obviously you are in some sense. 

By 'good,' I mean what's generally accepted as good
I apologize for the correction but that is a circular definition. 

not harmful to the people around me, or in accordance with the implicit agreement among the people in my community, or what's required for the protection of my family, the benefit of others. etc
Why is not being harmful to the people around you, good? 

But I literally have never said to myself, when presented with a decision with moral implications, "what would god or gods do here?" Is that a tool you find yourself using in your life today?
Yea I do.

Obviously I wasn’t asking you if you believe in a universal standard, I just asked where you find or standard.

First of all, yes I do.

Second of all obviously there are subjective moral values in the world, but I would argue concepts and specific ones are objective. The concept of good for example. What determines good? 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
The Big Bang is a supernatural event in of itself, or at least whatever ignited it. 
THe big bang happened in nature, so it can't be supernatural. It can be singular, but we don't know that that's the case. "Whatever ignited it"? Can you explain?
The Origin of Life had to of been against the laws of nature, because the laws of nature tell us that life cannot come from non-life. It isn’t possible.
That's not what the laws of nature tell us. It's our experience so far, but we have seen amino acids spontaneously synthesize in several different experiments, As you are aware, amino acids are the precursor to proteins, these are the building blocks of life. And besides, life only has to come from non life once. Again though, how does this mean gods exist? 

Your presupposition that the answer has to be someone naturalistic in order to be considered logical, is exactly what I was talking about. You have to be open to the possibility of God or Gods being real.

I told you, I'm open to the possibility. Sadly, so far it seems like your only supporting argument is one from incredulity or complexity, neither of which are compelling.

By 'good,' I mean what's generally accepted as good
I apologize for the correction but that is a circular definition. 
Maybe when you take what I said out of context by cutting off the rest of the sentence. 
Why is not being harmful to the people around you, good? 
Because by extension, maybe they won't want to harm me, and maybe they'll look out for me if I look out for them. That's how societies work, and in fact how they form. 

The concept of good for example. What determines good? 
There is no standard. It's something a community agrees upon. I have a question. You said "yes I do" in response to my question do you use "what would a god or gods do" when making moral decisions. Why would gods, who so far it seems we're only ready to ascribe the "ignition" of the big bang to, care what you do? In other words, the existence of gods does not in any way lead necessarily to any moral conclusions as far as I can tell. You are making a lot of leaps: so far the only supernatural question you've got a good answer to is "what ignited the big bang." And it's 'generic god or gods.' None of that has anything to do with morality. Why is morality evidence of god or gods?

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
I'm agnostic. Shit, I was so eager to chip in with some comments.
FLRW
FLRW
Lisa Randall (age62) is an American theoretical physicist and Frank B. Baird, Jr. Professor of Science at Harvard University. Her research includes the fundamental forces of nature and dimensions of space. She studies the Standard Modelsupersymmetry, possible solutions to the hierarchy problem concerning the relative weakness of gravity, cosmology of dimensions, baryogenesiscosmological inflation, and dark matter. She contributed to the Radall-Sundrum, first published in 1999 with Raman Sundrum.
In an interview she was asked whether she believes in God, she said:
"... I probably don't believe in God. I think it's a problem that people are considered immoral if they're not religious. That's just not true. This might earn me some enemies, but in some ways they may be even more moral. If you do something for a religious reason, you do it because you'll be rewarded in an afterlife or in this world. That's not quite as good as something you do for purely generous reasons."

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

I'm not here to start a conversation about the Christain God, that is a topic for another time. [........................................

............................] The topic is Atheism v.s Theism. So, anything at all to do with that. 

Unless I am missing something, this makes no sense.  How can you hold a discussion concerning Atheism v.s Theism when both sides are, or will be, arguing whether or not the Christian god exists?

athe·ism

noun
  1. disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

the·ism

noun
  1. belief in the existence of a god or gods, specifically of a creator who intervenes in the universe. 

Theism: Belief that a God or Gods exist

That includes Muslims, Hindus, possibly agnostics, and Mormons, as well as any other religion that has an idea of God. 

So no, not just the Christian God.

As I said, God.Regardless of which one, we would still be discussing GOD!

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
You're free to define atheism however you wish, but this definition does not apply to the vast majority of people you would call atheists.
FLRW
FLRW
The fact that Christianity started as a Jewish apocalyptic movement is evidenced by the teachings of the Biblical Jesus concerning the end of days. Not only did he preach he would rise from the grave, but that he would also ascend to the Heaven and one day return to judge and rule over the world. When did Jesus say his return would be? While he said no one, including himself, knew the exact time of his return, he knew it would be before the end of his generation.
Obviously, no divine final judgement and end of days has occurred. Jesus isn’t sitting on some throne somewhere on Earth ruling over the planet. His first century followers had to find a way to make sense of the predicament of having devoted their lives to a prophecy that seemed to have failed. Over the past two millennia since the prophecy was supposedly uttered by Jesus, believers have come up with a variety of explanations for why he had not come back. It can be easily seen that all the explanations are rationalizations that don’t really work when compared to the Christian scripture. Yet they persist among the faithful to this day.
FLRW
FLRW

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
THe big bang happened in nature, so it can't be supernatural. It can be singular, but we don't know that that's the case. "Whatever ignited it"? Can you explain?
The Big Bang's origins did not have a natural origin as we know understand natural. It supposedly had a supernatural origin. 

The Universe requires three things:
Matter
Time
Space

Matter was what the Big Bang or the Singularity contained so it wasn't there before.
Time started at the Big Bang. This is backed up by famous scientists including Einstein.
Space didn't exist because that was the end product of the Big Bang.

So, we had none of the fundamental natural building blocks for any type of existence at the origins of the Big Bang. 
Time started at the Big Bang, so by definition there was no before the Big Bang. 

The Big Bang in of itself is a supernatural theory, of the origins of the universe. And the majority of the evidence leads to it. 

That's not what the laws of nature tell us. It's our experience so far, but we have seen amino acids spontaneously synthesize in several different experiments, As you are aware, amino acids are the precursor to proteins, these are the building blocks of life. And besides, life only has to come from non life once. Again though, how does this mean gods exist? 
There is so much fundamentally wrong with that. 

Science has not even been able to recreate RNA. In order to be able to produce any type of life, you need RNA. Once you figure that out, its a billion steps more to figuring out life. But we haven't even gotten close to RNA yet. Not even close. 

RNA is very unstable. In order for it to be properly produced, it needs an environment where the decomposition process is slower than the life-giving process.
And RNA once it generates spontaneously only once, it doesn't' remember how to do it again, so no it doesn't have to happen just one time. It has to happen multiple times with no help, and no guiding process or learning process. And RNA requires it to be consistent in order to stay alive. 

So no, it actually has to happen multiple times a day, continuously, and constantly in order to sustain only RNA. Thats not even talking about Cells or DNA. And that's not even diving into the smaller parts of the system and how impossible those get too. 

And I never said this means God exists. Please don't misrepresent my points. 

I told you, I'm open to the possibility. Sadly, so far it seems like your only supporting argument is one from incredulity or complexity, neither of which are compelling.
But you have to hold yourself accountable too. If you want me to provide rational evidence as to why I believe in God, I also expect you to provide the same for your philosophy. Just like I can't say," Well I don't understand how God works, so I just have to trust it", you can't say," Well I don't know all about science so I just have to trust it."
Because by extension, maybe they won't want to harm me, and maybe they'll look out for me if I look out for them. That's how societies work, and in fact how they form. 
Why specifically is society forming a good thing though? Why is societal progression good?

There is no standard. It's something a community agrees upon.
So there is a standard. A community standard. 

I have a question. You said "yes I do" in response to my question do you use "what would a god or gods do" when making moral decisions. Why would gods, who so far it seems we're only ready to ascribe the "ignition" of the big bang to, care what you do?
Well, that's going into my specific religion. And that's a conversation for another time. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
Ok, but not just the Christain God....
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Double_R
You're free to define atheism however you wish, but this definition does not apply to the vast majority of people you would call atheists.
You don't get to choose a name and choose your own definition for it. 
Atheist: a person who disbelieves in the existence of God or gods: (Oxford Languages).

Suck it up.