Author: Owen_T

Total: 55
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@zedvictor4
How can something appear from nothing?
You could also ask, how can something have existed without a beginning. To think the Universe has existed forever or that the big bang came out of nothing is equally difficult to comprehend. Maybe if you make it to heaven you can ask God himself
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Owen_T
 3 Major religions are based on Bible and that is mostly illogical, lack of common sense nonsense.

1} Creator God is Meta-space mind/intellect/conceptual scenario aka imagination.

2} God as eternally { regenerative/recycle } existent, finite, occupied space Universe.

..." One species stands out for its extraordinary ability: Turritopsis dohrnii, also known as the immortal jellyfish. This fingernail-sized, unassuming creature possesses the rare ability to revert back to its juvenile polyp stage after reaching maturity, which is an early stage in the life cycle of a jellyfish,..."

Spiritual integrity begins with self.

Protect self { me aka ..* i *... },
Protect family { community },
Protect property { ecological rare Earth }
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
So we're sure ebuc is human right? He's not a mad elder god? Not an alien driven insane by the cryrosleep on the way here?
Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You can never be sure. 
Moozer325
Debates: 13
Moozer325
-->
@WyIted
It conveys a deeper truth. Watch Jordan Peterson's lectures on Genesis
Which one?

Because to not give us and supernatural entities the capability of evil, is to enslave us. He believes in freewill in many situations.
See, I don't know. If we just lived in heaven all the time and life was perfect, I wouldn't say there was no free will. I would much prefer a perfect universe than a horrible one because of "free will".

Don't be silly. If a person believes in Islam, doesn't he believe in God? If a person is Hindu, does he not believe in some sort of God? How can you say he hasn't revealed himself when he is revealed in so many different ways to so many people?
Yes, but Christianity say that he is one certain way. There is no good reason to reveal himself in completely different ways.
Shila
Shila

I shall answer it for you then shall I. And the answer is simple:      The story is false. Neither Moses nor god freed the people. Pharaoh expelled them from his land because the were out populating the indigenous Egyptians.  
Following God’s dietary restriction and circumcision make the Jews highly fertile.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Moozer325
See, I don't know. If we just lived in heaven all the time and life was perfect, I wouldn't say there was no free will. I would much prefer a perfect universe than a horrible one because of "free will".
that's because you value hedonism over justice
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@WyIted
I don’t know about “over justice”, but yeah, happiness is happiness. I’ll take pure pleasure over what we have now. I don’t see how that takes away free will.
Shila
Shila
-->
@WyIted
--> @Moozer32

that's because you value hedonism over justice

Even God could not create a perfect universe. So he had to put restrictions and that led to free will to choose.
Best.Korea
Debates: 332
Best.Korea
-->
@Shila
Even God could not create a perfect universe
Christian God is evil and retarded.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Moozer325
 I’ll take pure pleasure over what we have now
If Earth is the best God could come up with, then its possible that God is incredibly stupid.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Best.Korea
Christian God is evil and retarded.

Definition of evil: morally bad, cruel, or very unpleasant:

God does not fit your definition of evil and retarded.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Shila
Definition of evil: morally bad, cruel, or very unpleasant
That sounds like Christian God.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Best.Korea
Definition of evil: morally bad, cruel, or very unpleasant
That sounds like Christian God.
That is not how Christians describe their God.
How does the Bible describe who God is?
So let's find out the truth of who he is—from Scriptures. They're his Word to us, a gift that allows us to get to know him directly. As you'll see in the verses below, God is loving, merciful, holy, longsuffering, kind, faithful, all-powerful, and eternal. He sent his son for us and offers us salvation and rest in him.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Shila
So let's find out the truth of who he is—from Scriptures
There is no reason to trust the Bible. We have eyes. We see that world sucks.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Best.Korea
There is no reason to trust the Bible. We have eyes. We see that world sucks.
All your friends are burning in hell. Your world is full of suckers.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Shila
All your friends are burning in hell
Even my friends on Earth suffer. God is a cruel monster. There is no reason to serve God.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Moozer325
I don’t know about “over justice”, but yeah, happiness is happiness. I’ll take pure pleasure over what we have now. I don’t see how that takes away free will.
You don't see how God allowing somebody to choose to become a serial killer would impact the happiness of others?
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@WyIted
You don't see how God allowing somebody to choose to become a serial killer would impact the happiness of others?
I think you misunderstand my argument. God has the power to make us humans feel what we want. Happiness is a chemical in the brain which god can control. If god was truly all loving, he could just make us all-happy all the time.

I know how dystopian that sounds, but like I said, happiness is happiness. God can control how much happiness we receive, so all he has to do is give us an individual space and we will always be perfectly happy irregardless of other people’s actions.

Happiness is happiness.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Moozer325
Like you said happiness is an electrochemical state. A state of a biological computer purpose built with the obvious intention to survive and reproduce.

Suppose you are the architect of the universe, why would you create such a creature? Natural selection must be beautiful, or necessary for something beautiful and worthy by your arbitrary fancy.

If we could exist as spirits then there would be no need for a body or a brain, no need for fear, and thus no need to be separate from each other. In other words even given the premise that god wants pets (or children even though he supposedly invented the concept of children from nothing so it's not like he would have a pre-existing itch), the angels should have been good enough.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Best.Korea
Even my friends on Earth suffer. God is a cruel monster. There is no reason to serve God.
You are living a hell on earth existence. Why blame God for your bad decisions?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@WyIted
@Owen_T
Thanks for that Wylted, are you Owen_T's spokesperson?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Shila
Satan has given me new life. It is a better life than the one Christian God would give me. May Satan prosper and may Christian God forever fail.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@zedvictor4
I speak for all theists everywhere and my answers are the final word
Shila
Shila
-->
@Best.Korea
Satan has given me new life. It is a better life than the one Christian God would give me. May Satan prosper and may Christian God forever fail.
You are praying to Satan to destroy his creator. You are more evil than Satan.