Conservative Anxiety

Author: badger

Total: 44
badger
Debates: 0
badger
I asked chatgpt to help me write it because I'm lazy:

In my observations, the anxiety I see in conservatives during arguments seems deeply rooted in the fundamental flaws of their positions—positions which, I believe, often mask underlying motives of racism and bigotry. These conservatives are compelled to navigate around their true intentions, crafting arguments that obscure rather than clarify. In contrast, liberals wield their commitment to humanity like a sword, cutting through these obfuscations with arguments founded on principles of equality and justice. This stark difference not only fuels conservative anxiety but also highlights the untenability of their arguments in the face of progressive values that champion human dignity.

That's probably more or less what I wanted to say. 

Thoughts?

I find conservatives are far more likely to lose composure or "crack" than liberals because liberals stand steadfast on a pillar of humanity. And it amuses me.

Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is,
and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely;
and pined his loss

Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
There is no ideology which is good.

Anything that wont bend will break.

Thats why I bend.
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
It might be useful if you describe how you define liberal and conservative and if you consider any ideologies to stand outside of that sort of duality.
badger
badger
-->
@WyIted
Politics is about other people. Either you like people or you don't. That's the biggest division in politics. Conservatives are the racist, bigoted side. 

There's more to it if you're clever and conscientious, but 150 million voting Americans ain't.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@badger
I find conservatives are far more likely to lose composure or "crack" than liberals because liberals stand steadfast on a pillar of humanity. And it amuses me.
Are we talking about prominent conservatives or just all people? If it's prominent ones, then im not sure this is true. Conservatives lie almost as often as the speak. It's second nature to them. They know their beliefs are unpopular and their goal is to force their beliefs on people against their will. Ideally without the people realizing what they are doing. If their real beliefs and thoughts were known, they would never win another election. 

badger
badger
-->
@HistoryBuff
I dunno too much about your politicians tbh but definitely social commentators like Ben Shapiro, Matt Walsh, Stephen Crowder etc., they just get this screech sometimes that you never hear from their liberal counterparts. There's definitely an anguished conservative tone. Your conservative politicians might just be true psychopaths though.
badger
badger
Jordan Peterson's regular hysterics, maybe the best example. 
SocraticGregarian96
Debates: 11
SocraticGregarian96
-->
@badger
Who are conservatives racist and bigoted toward? I’m friends with a black homosexual and his conservative family. They aren’t racist or bigoted to anyone, not him as a gay, and not me as a white. This friend has multiple other friends in the same situation as him, so it’s not a one-off. I’m more libertarian myself, but I prefer conservative vibes AND policies more than liberal ones. 
Charlie Kirk (who happens to be a Republican, but that is irrelevant to the context of my argument.) has this great quote: “In 1920, if you fought for civil rights, you were considered an Idealist, in 1940, an advocate, in 1960, a liberal, 1980, a republican, and today, a racist." 
You said: "Politics is about other people.” This is incorrect. Politics are about policies. Or, as the dictionary states: ‘Political science”.

The KKK originated from the Democrats. Republicans are the ones who abolished slavery. Abraham Lincoln was called the same things that President Trump was when he was in office. We remember him (Lincoln) as an American Icon, but he was verily hated by the left when he was in office. Numerous significant Civil rights acts, such as the:

-    Civil Rights Act of 1866
- Fourteenth Amendment (1868)
- Fifteenth Amendment (1870)
-Civil Rights Act of 1871
-Indian Citizenship Act of 1924

...were all passed by Republicans. The only major Civil rights legislation was proposed by Kennedy, the Civil Rights Act of 1963. For this, Kennedy was shot dead by a left-wing extremist. Then, the bill was signed into action by LBJ, becoming the Civil Rights Act of 1964. A few years later, LBJ resigned in disgrace after Vietnam and having a crappy economy. 

MLK, a civil rights advocate, was a Republican. Mike Tyson, a black man, is a Republican. Let me guess, you are going to say Trump is a racist? In 1986, Donald Trump received the Ellis Island Medal of Honor alongside Muhammad Ali and Rosa Parks. The Ellis Island Medals of Honor are awarded to individuals who embody the spirit of America in their celebration of patriotism, tolerance, brotherhood, and diversity. This prestigious award honors individuals for their outstanding contributions to their communities, their nation, and the world. 

Conservatives don’t hate you for your race or gender, they just don’t love you for it either. Democrats chose Kamala because she was a Black woman. They did the same with Karen Bass, Eric Adams, AOC, Rashida Tlaib, etc. Identity Politics DON’T WORK! Meritocracy does. 

Furthermore, Biden raped kids and covered up Epstein doing the same. Kamala called him a racist during the 2020 debate and hasn’t changed her view since. She even lied that she was never a border czar, when there is evident documentation proving otherwise. Biden is a senile Pedo, and Kamala is an avid racist commy, but that doesn’t bother you because you have TDS. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@SocraticGregarian96
ok, that's all very eloquent

but i don't think anecdotal evidence and history books are going to help resolve

axiomatic conflict
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@badger
There's more to it if you're clever and conscientious, but 150 million voting Americans ain't.
About 80 million of those actually vote conservative. It seems hard to believe that they are all racist. 

Ne personally or what is easier to notice for me is the racism of the limousine liberals which you can get a taste for how that looks by watching "get out". Great movie. 

You also have the fact that I think these people are really using rednecks as a type of scape goat. If you look at disproportionate hiring practices or lending practices etc. This is more likely to happen to black people in inner city areas far away from the backwoods areas conservatives occupy. It just seems like a convenient scape goat for some big city wealthy business person to point t the finger and say "see that redneck out in the middle of nowhere?" He is hurting you though you will never run into him at any point in your life".

FLRW
FLRW
The Democratic and Republican Parties have not always had the same ideals that they have today. In fact, America's two dominant political parties have essentially flipped ideologies in the time since they were founded. The Democratic Party was founded in 1828 while the Republican Party dates back to 1854. In its early years, the Republican Party was considered quite liberal, while the Democrats were known for staunch conservatism. This is the exact opposite of how each party would be described today. This change did not happen overnight, however. Instead, it was a slow set of changes and policies that caused the great switch.
WyIted
WyIted
Actually thinking about Irish politics and what is going on lately,  I can see where this post is coming from
badger
badger
-->
@WyIted
About 80 million of those actually vote conservative. It seems hard to believe that they are all racist. 
Why is that hard to believe? This is what politics is the world over. All right wing politics has some minority in its crosshairs always. Blacks. Immigrants. Refugees. Jews.

It's utterly fantastical to believe that 150 million people are understanding complex political realities and voting based on a thorough grasp of policies related to those realities.

badger
badger
-->
@WyIted
Irish politics
We're basically post-political. We don't have any of your hyper contentious issues. Nobody ever talks about politics or thinks anything's wrong with anything really.

Just a bunch of Dublin scumbags blaming Ukrainians for a housing crisis. 

So, dunno what you're talking about tbh.
badger
badger
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@badger

I just saw riots on TV described as right wing riots. I guess people were upset because they felt like Ireland should be predominantly Irish or something. It was like t minutes of TV viewing. 

All right wing politics has some minority in its crosshairs always. Blacks. Immigrants. Refugees. Jews.
That is just how the left frames it. Want border security you are anti Mexican. Think that America should do merit based hiring instead of racial quotas and you are a racist. 

You should go on TikTok and look at the fat acceptance movement.  I shit you not, they claim that if you think people should be concerned about their weight and take care of their health, that community calls it racist. 

There was even a study done that examined how conservatives and liberals talked to black people. When conservatives talked to blacks they used the sane words as they did with whites but when liberals talked to blacks they used smaller words and made the concepts simpler to understand.  

It's utterly fantastical to believe that 150 million people are understanding complex political realities and voting based on a thorough grasp of policies related to those realities.
True, and I also think anyone with an IQ below 130 shouldn't vote but it is what it is.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@badger

I just saw riots on TV described as right wing riots. I guess people were upset because they felt like Ireland should be predominantly Irish or something. It was like t minutes of TV viewing. 

All right wing politics has some minority in its crosshairs always. Blacks. Immigrants. Refugees. Jews.
That is just how the left frames it. Want border security you are anti Mexican. Think that America should do merit based hiring instead of racial quotas and you are a racist. 

You should go on TikTok and look at the fat acceptance movement.  I shit you not, they claim that if you think people should be concerned about their weight and take care of their health, that community calls it racist. 

There was even a study done that examined how conservatives and liberals talked to black people. When conservatives talked to blacks they used the sane words as they did with whites but when liberals talked to blacks they used smaller words and made the concepts simpler to understand.  

True, and I also think anyone with an IQ below 130 shouldn't vote but it is what it is.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@badger

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@WyIted
Irish are also as a culture, heavily sedated.
So when their corrupt government fucks them, they are more likely to beg for some lube instead of fighting back. (what they would call "anxiety")
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@badger
I’m not sure what you’re referring to. Do you have some video examples of Shapiro and Peterson exhibiting what you describe?
badger
badger
It's a dreary country. We drink. The drugs are a modern sickly offshoot of that I guess. It's a shame because the pubs are good culture. 

The rest of your post is dopey. 

SocraticGregarian96
SocraticGregarian96
-->
@FLRW
The Democratic and Republican Parties have not always had the same ideals that they have today. In fact, America's two dominant political parties have essentially flipped ideologies in the time since they were founded. The Democratic Party was founded in 1828 while the Republican Party dates back to 1854. In its early years, the Republican Party was considered quite liberal, while the Democrats were known for staunch conservatism. This is the exact opposite of how each party would be described today. This change did not happen overnight, however. Instead, it was a slow set of changes and policies that caused the great switch.
I disagree. I think the left became more extreme (transgedersim, everthing is racist, etc.) forcing the right to shift more to the left, and anyone from the right who doesn’t shift is a “right-wing- extremist”.
SocraticGregarian96
SocraticGregarian96
-->
@3RU7AL
It’s not anecdotal. It’s empirical. And you gave no proof to combat it.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@badger
I am at work and I was chewing on what you were saying and trying to stwwlman it, because I respect your opinion. 

I think that my impulse is to just say nothing is racist because a sizable portion of the left calls everything racist. 

However personally when I run into a conservative who is a little too preoccupied with immigration or a little too preoccupied with BLM it makes me cringe becausenI know what's behind it.

I just don't like saying it because there are people who criticize BLM or are anti immigration who do not have the same motives behind it. 

I sense it with my sister who has a black daughter and it's why I take the time to buy her black barbie dolls etc. 
badger
badger
-->
@cristo71
Nothing offhand. Keep an ear out. Bit hard to find examples now with all the right-wing "triggered" fetish shit on Youtube. Interesting phenomenon that too though.

WyIted
WyIted
I think peterson is a liberal. He just happens to be an anti SJW liberal so a lot of conservatives have embraced him. I heard him talking with another liberal in a similar situation and both were saying they are aware of the psychological pull those who embrace you have but they both mentioned fighting the psychological pull. I can't remember the name of the guy he was talking g to though or I would pull up the video.
badger
badger
-->
@WyIted
I think that my impulse is to just say nothing is racist because a sizable portion of the left calls everything racist. 

I forgot gays in the earlier post. Blacks. Gays. Trans. Immigrants. Refugees. Jews. 

Dunno what to tell you man. That right wing politics targets minorities is a very easy differentiation to make between right and left politics. That's the whole agenda. 
badger
badger
I'll give you that maybe liberals are overprotective of minorities. Maybe a few conservatives get to be not so racist in that world. But I dunno, Hitler put 6 million Jews into concentration camps like only a few generations ago. A few more before that the black man was a slave in America. You guys are toeing a line. 
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@badger
As a strict conservative myself, I do see myself "crack" like what you say Badger.  My thought is that since my views are very much rooted on a book with limited description, then I have finite resources to fight with when objected to it.  My views can only be defended so far and then at a point I can only say, "this is what I believe" and just stand my ground.  I.E. Trannies.  I have no proof and research to say why it is wrong, it's just wrong.

On the other hand, with a liberal point of view, there are no absolutes in the universe and everything in constantly in flux, therefore when a liberal fights, he can fight from all angles and is not regulated to a set of rules.  They can talk out of both sides of their mouths and the ends justifies the means.  Consequences of their thoughts and actions don't have relevance and if it does, they just change the laws to make them look better.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@badger
I asked chat gpt to write a response to the OP because I am too socially inept to recognize that using AI to make any social commentary whatsoever is unfathomably psychotic behavior and it said this:

While it's easy to attribute conservative anxiety to perceived flaws or hidden motives, this view oversimplifies complex political debates. Conservatives may exhibit anxiety due to the challenge of defending traditional values in a rapidly changing society, rather than out of racism or bigotry. Their arguments often stem from a genuine concern for preserving established norms and addressing perceived threats to social stability. On the other hand, liberals, though committed to principles of equality and justice, might not always account for the practical implications of their idealistic stances. Both sides can benefit from open dialogue, rather than dismissing each other’s motivations outright.

I didn't read a single word of the above quote but I think my preface to it is the real point anyway.

Thoughts?