Poor people and republican people

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 31
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Poor people are fine.  Republican voters are fine.  When you are a poor republican voter on the other hand, you make no sense to me.  You may not want Lia Thomas to compete with women in sports, but is that really a bigger issue for you than your healthcare bills?  Or your child's college education costs?  If George Soros is paying more money in taxes, then why would you care?  You are not George Soros.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
You may not want Lia Thomas to compete with women in sports, but is that really a bigger issue for you than your healthcare bills?  Or your child's college education costs?
Yes.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
If women can have a singular issue with the govt getting out of their body, then conservative parents can demand the same with keeping the govt out of their children's bodies.
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
As for healthcare you have already been disproven but here is the link again

https://fee.org/articles/if-american-healthcare-kills-european-healthcare-kills-more/
WyIted
WyIted
  Or your child's college education costs? If George Soros is paying more money in taxes, then why would you care? You are not George Soros.
College education costs have risen due to hoe much of it is now socialized and also the value of a degree has went down now that is has been made easier to get. 

Obviously sorts is not the only one that benefits of policies thay cause a strong economy such as low taxes. Poor people also benefit from the economy being good
DavidAZZ
Debates: 0
DavidAZZ
-->
@TheUnderdog
Poor people are fine.  Republican voters are fine.  When you are a poor republican voter on the other hand, you make no sense to me.  You may not want Lia Thomas to compete with women in sports, but is that really a bigger issue for you than your healthcare bills?  Or your child's college education costs?  If George Soros is paying more money in taxes, then why would you care?  You are not George Soros.
There is a bigger picture than what is just relevant to me right now.  It is about the social & moral decline of America.  If America turns into a communist country (no morals, no freedom, etc) while I am poor, then I will forever remain poor.  If I can promote values in the government while I am poor, then I will have a chance to break out of poverty AND give that chance to everyone else who is willing to fight for their future.

badger
badger
-->
@WyIted
Lowest life expectancy of any developed country. Consistently ranked as having worst healthcare outcomes by every reputable world health organisation. All whilst paying the most, by far, for healthcare.

But some crackpot multiplies a number by 9 in an article on some nowhere libertarian website and refutes all that.
badger
badger
-->
@DavidAZZ
Have you considered the possibility that maybe you're just some dumb, weirdo bigot? Reading your posts, it's hard to imagine you have any sort of real economic plan for your country.

Eliminate trans
????
profit

Good man.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@badger
Lowest life expectancy of any developed country. Consistently ranked as having worst healthcare outcomes by every reputable world health organisation
Which is consistent with obesity levels
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@badger
you're just some dumb, weirdo bigot?
How could you tell?  Was I that obvious?

Eliminate trans
????
profit
What is this supposed to mean?

it's hard to imagine you have any sort of real economic plan for your country.
Hmmm. . . Then you don't have much of an imagination.  Lower taxes, smaller government, stop give money to people who refuse to work, stop sending money overseas to corrupt governments.  That would actually have a HUGE economic impact just within our country by not having to spend so much money, reducing the need to borrow from the FED and also improving the value of our dollar.  That would make the dollar the major currency around the globe as it would want to be used like a gold standard, MASSIVE trade.

Then stop bashing the people who actually make the money by taking the big risk and celebrate achievements.  Stop trying to tell everyone that rich people are the bane to society and that poor people are actually the back bone of America.  The real backbone is the middle class.  Most people are poor because they want to be poor.

badger
badger
-->
@DavidAZZ
What's any of that stuff you just wrote have to do with transgenders? 
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@badger
I'm assuming that I don't understand where you are coming from since you have such a high IQ, but where in my posts did I mention anything about trannies on this thread?
badger
badger
OP was 7 sentences. You lost it all to the last one. Then regurgitated a garbled mess of meaningless bullshit. Atlas Drooled more like.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@DavidAZZ

Lower taxes, smaller government
What tax rate should everyone have? What is the precise size the government should be?
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@WyIted
What tax rate should everyone have? What is the precise size the government should be?
Don't make me think harder than I want to Wylted!

I think a flat tax would work best but that can only be done if we reduce the spending since a most of taxes are burdened on the back of the rich.

For a precise size of government, I want it to fit on the size this period(.)   . . . Really, I don't know that but there are some useless government ways of buying and spending and agencies.  Secret Service it looks like is one of them.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@DavidAZZ
I think a flat tax would work best but that can only be done if we reduce the spending since a most of taxes are burdened on the back of the rich.

You should go to fairtax.org and read up on their policy proposall. Literally read everything. I did. It is a progress tax that has many of the same benefits of a flat tax. It also comes with a monthly stipend than can be increased if AI starts to replace us. 

As for your comment about the size of the government. You can perhaps get more specific if you give a lot of thought to what you believe the role of government should be. 

DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@badger
OP was 7 sentences. You lost it all to the last one. Then regurgitated a garbled mess of meaningless bullshit. Atlas Drooled more like.
If I'm drooling, then you are lapping it up.

The OP was referring to Republicans fighting over issues that are not financially relevant SUCH AS Trans in sports.  The topic was not Trans in sports.  He gave other examples but you didn't gripe over that.

My point was that we, as Republicans, must see the big picture (save country) rather than focus on the crisis at the moment (financial need).

You are fighting shadows, Badger.  Good luck!

DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@WyIted
As for your comment about the size of the government. You can perhaps get more specific if you give a lot of thought to what you believe the role of government should be. 
True.  I don't have specifics, just smaller government, means smaller monies to support it and smaller regulations for businesses.  Not all regulations should go as I am not an anarchist.  I do believe in government, but not like we have.

badger
badger
Gotta say, from those above posts it really does sound like you don't have much of clue about anything and don't want to think much about anything either. Yet in the next thread you're talking about civil war and preventing the vile from procreating. That's a funny radicalism. I think you just don't like people. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@WyIted
Then why do Europeans live longer on average

More food regulations
Regulating the free market to make food healthier is left wing buddy.

College education costs have risen due to hoe much of it is now socialized and also the value of a degree has went down now that is has been made easier to get. 
So you believe subsidizing college leads to college being more expensive for the consumer?  Everything that is subsidized becomes cheaper to the consumer; we have free highschool; why not free college?

Obviously sorts is not the only one that benefits of policies thay cause a strong economy such as low taxes.
You think CT has a weaker economy than Alabama?  CT has a lower poverty rate and a higher GDP per captia (probably because our wonderful public school teachers get better funded).  Low taxes -> less money for education.

But how does lot taxes for George Soros lead to Hillbillies from WV being better off?

Poor people also benefit from the economy being good
This is obviously true, but the economy is better in CT than Alabama.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@DavidAZZ
 It is about the social & moral decline of America.  If America turns into a communist country (no morals, no freedom, etc) 
Morals restrict freedom; sometimes it's justified (no murder, no r@pe, etc) and other times it is not justified (banning AR 15s, weed or adult gay sex).  But it is a contradiction to have no morals and no freedom.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
So you believe subsidizing college leads to college being more expensive for the consumer?  Everything that is subsidized becomes cheaper to the consumer; we have free highschool; why not free college?
It depends on how it is subsidized. If you look at Devry university for example their entire model m is built on how much money they can milk out of government subsidies and loans, which increases prices for those not taking Pell grants. 

The same think happened with health care costs when health insurance became more common. The consumer is insulated from the prices to a certain extent due to insurance so it allows prices to rise. In schooling you also have the effect of supply and demand. College is obtainable for more people so becomes more in demand. 

I would also say that there are too many businesses demanding college education for jobs that train you on the job or don't need it anyway. There is zero reason a journalist or a tech worker cannot apprentice and work their way up. 

You think CT has a weaker economy than Alabama? CT has a lower poverty rate and a higher GDP per captia (probably because our wonderful public school teachers get better funded). Low taxes -> less money for education.
My opinions on property tax, which is what funds school is more nuanced and probably more in line with the liberal position. I would also likely be speaking over your head by going into property taxes, how schools are fun a Ed etc. 

However other taxes than that should be low enough not to disincentivize work or cause money to move out of the economy by sending companies overseas. 

I would also say that yes, it is easier in general to live in places with lower taxes like Texas than high tax liberal utopias like sanfransisco or LA. You can cherry pick some states like CT, but when you look at things like the economic freedom index there is a very high correlation between economic freedom and high standards of living. Countries low on economic freedom do worse.

But how does lot taxes for George Soros lead to Hillbillies from WV being better off?
Him specifically it probably harms them that he has disposable income to influence elections, but in general it is best if billionaires keep their money in the United States. 

It's honestly not hard to become almost a refugee which is what a lot of these guys do. They don't spend more than a few weeks in any country. They live in 5 start hotels and they put their corporate offices in places where there is zero corporate tax. 

This is why you see so many billionaires dying in plane crashes. They basically live in planes and hotels. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
@wylted

It depends on how it is subsidized. If you look at Devry university for example their entire model m is built on how much money they can milk out of government subsidies and loans, which increases prices for those not taking Pell grants. 
How is this any different than public school?

I would also say that there are too many businesses demanding college education for jobs that train you on the job or don't need it anyway.
I would say though the college process filters out a lot of the people that think they can do the job, but can't.  Like, when I was in HS, I thought I could become a chemical engineer.  I try some of the math for the intro course, I sucked at it.  But I'm better at actuarial math.

My opinions on property tax, which is what funds school is more nuanced and probably more in line with the liberal position. I would also likely be speaking over your head by going into property taxes, how schools are fun a Ed etc. 

However other taxes than that should be low enough not to disincentivize work or cause money to move out of the economy by sending companies overseas. 
States subsidize education to a significant extent.  I don't agree with an income tax, but the idea that corporations will pack up their bags and move to where there are low taxes is not well thought out.  There are 193 nations in the world; only one of them has the lowest tax rate for corporations in the world (unless there is a tie).  If your argument was true, then corporations would already move out of any area that did not have the lowest tax rate in the world.

I would also say that yes, it is easier in general to live in places with lower taxes like Texas than high tax liberal utopias like sanfransisco or LA. You can cherry pick some states like CT, but when you look at things like the economic freedom index there is a very high correlation between economic freedom and high standards of living.
There are good and bad left and right wing places to live.  CT and Westchester are good left wing places; Putnam County and Orange County, CA are good right wing places; the rust belt has a lot of bad right wing areas; Bridgeport has bad left wing places.  The Economic freedom index argues Scandinavia has high economic freedom (and it's what Bernie Sanders wants to turn America into).

Him specifically it probably harms them that he has disposable income to influence elections, but in general it is best if billionaires keep their money in the United States. 
So then you only believe in high taxes for billionaires that choose to corrupt politicians?  This would apply to Elon Musk as well.  Why not just get rid of Citizens United (aka drain the swamp)?

DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@TheUnderdog
Morals restrict freedom; sometimes it's justified (no murder, no r@pe, etc) and other times it is not justified (banning AR 15s, weed or adult gay sex).  But it is a contradiction to have no morals and no freedom.
I would beg to differ.  Morals create freedom.  If you have an open door to all morals, then everyone would be afraid of the other.  This is obviously the extreme, but if murder was allowed, then everyone would be afraid to go out, therefore suppressing freedoms.  When everyone can live to a set code of morality, then the community can thrive on those morals, freedom increases.

The real issue of what is going on now is that people are deciding that old morals are now outdated and we don't know the real ramifications of straying from those morals.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@DavidAZZ
Not all regulations should go as I am not an anarchist. 
WHich regulations do you think should stay? Or which sorts, not necessarily specifics. 
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@ludofl3x
Which regulations do you think should stay? Or which sorts, not necessarily specifics. 
Whew! I really bit off more than I can chew with this subject because I am less than a novice when it comes to regulations.

As for sorts, economic regulations, healthcare, and taxes.  All seem to have to unnecessary or confusing regulations.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@DavidAZZ
Can you name a healthcare regulation you'd like to see eliminated, for example? I'm glad to engage on it but I want to know what you're objecting to, not just assume you are just saying "big government" without having a vector on what makes it so big or ineffective, regulation wise. For example, OSHA standards are economic regulations. Child labor laws, economic regulation. Healthcare regulations like making sure all pharmaceuticals are vigorously tested prior to making it to market? And given your anti-regulation stance, do you think the government should regulate pre-natal healthcare for women?
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@ludofl3x
Can you name a healthcare regulation you'd like to see eliminated, for example? I'm glad to engage on it but I want to know what you're objecting to, not just assume you are just saying "big government" without having a vector on what makes it so big or ineffective, regulation wise. For example, OSHA standards are economic regulations. Child labor laws, economic regulation. Healthcare regulations like making sure all pharmaceuticals are vigorously tested prior to making it to market? And given your anti-regulation stance, do you think the government should regulate pre-natal healthcare for women?
Ludo, I really jumped in where I don't belong on this issue.  With my knowledge of this, I feel like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest, but thanks for trying to help me iron this out.

For the record, I do think OSHA, child labor laws and pharmaceutical regulations are important.   

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@DavidAZZ
I understand, they're baroque by design, regulations, but it doesn't make a strong argument to just sweep around that we should "get rid of" regulations. Sadly, history has demonstrated repeatedly that a lack of regulation leads to massive class inequality, and as a person who supports the middle class as you mentioned, I'm surprised you want to get rid of them. They protect people from exploitation, and the people who are often wanting to get rid of them are the ones who'd benefit financially. 

How about one close to home: do you think we should get rid of the regulations that protect the beautiful landscape where you live, in Arizona? The regulations, for example, that protect Native lands, or keep casinos off the rim of the Grand Canyon? TO me, those are crazy important ones, and I don't even live there. 
DavidAZZ
DavidAZZ
-->
@ludofl3x
@WyIted
I usually just jump into conversations on this site, but Wylted and your questions have caught me off guard (actually no guard at all).  I will do some research to clarify what I am trying to express and get back to this one.