Villainous Villains DP1

Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 465
Cerulean
Debates: 0
Cerulean
...There's not much of a point of disguising the gender of the character, is there? It's not like that changes much- my character's a "he" not a "they."

WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
My character is a real person. A male. A proud American male
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
-->
@Cerulean
The gender of mine is basically guaranteed to be more interesting than anyone else's.

But I see no real benefit in mass gender claims. It boxes in fake claims, but that's only really useful when there's a limited character pool.
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@WyIted
My character is a real person. A male. A proud American male
trump
Owen_T
Debates: 25
Owen_T
Is he Trump a man or an oompa loompa. That's the question we should be asking. 
Owen_T
Owen_T
Anyways, my character is real, and a man.
Owen_T
Owen_T
Is there a question we could ask that would actually be helpful. This won't get us anywhere 
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
We may as well say "I win with the the town" like old times.
Owen_T
Owen_T
Is there actually any way we can effectively scum hunt on the first DP. Last time the only reason there was really any action was because of Austin. 
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Owen_T
Is there a question we could ask that would actually be helpful. This won't get us anywhere 
It sounds like you're volunteering to talk about your social reads so far. By all means, go ahead!
Cerulean
Cerulean
I am mildly curious about the general alignment layout of this game (ie 9 Town 2 Mafia, 8 Town 3 Mafia, 8 Town 2 Mafia 1 3p/Neutral, etc.), although there's not much we can do beyond speculating about it at this point.

What's the general feel for 3rd Party/Neutral/Independent/Unaligned/Any other name for non-Town and non-Mafia roles on this forum? Should we expect one to exist here?

AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Cerulean
Apologies for the slow pace of the game. The past few games' D1s have trended towards around 1k posts, so I'm a bit surprised. Third parties are rare here in general, but this particular host has been known to put them in his games. I would guess this game is 8-2-1, although I wouldn't be surprised at a 9-2 or 7-2-1-1 split as well.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Since it's a slow news day, I'll claim my character to invite some discussion: Don Corleone.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@JoeBob
trump
Nope. No way. But this guys initials I consider to be U.S.A.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Owen_T
We do have Austin in this game... Wouldn't you expect him(?) to cause "action" here too, or was there a mechanical circumstance in that previous game?

WyIted
WyIted
Fine.  I am billy mitchell. And yes his initials are USA Google it
Owen_T
Owen_T
He claimed he had a power to determine scum from three people, so mechanical. I didn't follow up after I was lynched but he was lying for some reason. 
WyIted
WyIted
The fact pie has not tried to get me to full claim right off the bat, is sus.my vote stays
Barney
Barney
DASHBOARD     Character                 Role
AustinL0926   * Don Corleone
Joebob
Casey_Risk
iLikePie5
Wylted
Savant
Austin
Owen_T
Mharman
Earth
Barney
Cerulean

* is links to character info.

And damn this is weird playing with Wyited...
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@AustinL0926
Since it's a slow news day, I'll claim my character to invite some discussion: Don Corleone.
That's a bit audacious, considering that's quite literally a Mafia Don.

My initial reaction would be to give you a townread for giving that up with no pressure, since it "looks" so bad, but I'm wary of a "refuge in audacity" bluff. You, or someone else, can correct me if this is wrong, but from the few posts I've seen from you so far, you strike me as someone who might try to pull that sort of strategy off.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Barney
I am billy mitchell 
WyIted
WyIted
I am going to go ahead and say it. If there is a cop in this game than Austin is the godfather and will investigate innocent so no point in any cop wasting an investigation on him
Barney
Barney
-->
@AustinL0926
Vito, from the book or the movies? And did you preference for the title Don, or was that fed back by the host?
WyIted
WyIted
Can other people character claim so we can get something to go on. Also did lunatic say there is no theme or are we guessing?
Cerulean
Cerulean
Welcome to Villainous Villains mafia! For this game, most players chose their own characters, except for a couple instances where a character wasn't chosen, I just made one for them. In this game, there is no theme split. 
(From the OP)

At the very least, characters should give a vague hint towards abilities- though I'm not sure if giving Mafia that information is a good idea.

Barney
Barney
DASHBOARD     Character                 Role
AustinL0926   * Don Corleone
WyIted              * Billy Mitchell
Joebob
Casey_Risk
iLikePie5
Savant
Austin
Owen_T
Mharman
Earth
Barney
Cerulean

* is links to character info.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@JoeBob
Fuck it we always get reads on joebob wrong. Might as well get the ball rolling

Unvote VTLJoebob

Who are you and why
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
-->
@WyIted
I don't think that character claiming is as much of a help to the scum team as Pie suggests, as the only thing linking all our characters is some amount of villainy, but for his sake I will simply do a soft claim for now. My villain is from the greater Mario franchise, though not one of the main villains. That is, I am not Bowser, Bowser Jr., Kamek, or any of the Koopalings.
Cerulean
Cerulean
-->
@Barney
Why did you pick the Gamer for Billy Mitchell? I gave a quick google and found https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Mitchell, which I thought could fit the villain theme because of:

He antagonized many administrative leaders of the Army with his arguments and criticism and in 1925, his temporary appointment as a brigadier general was not renewed, and he reverted to his permanent rank of colonel, due to his insubordination. Later that year, he was court-martialed for insubordination after accusing Army and Navy leaders of an "almost treasonable administration of the national defense"[4] for investing in battleships. He resigned from the service shortly afterwards.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Casey_Risk
Wario is bad ass. Nice