Anybody have thoughts about Trump’s VP pick?

Author: Moozer325

Total: 115
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
In case you haven’t heard yet he picked Sen. J.D. Vance of Ohio. I don’t have much of an opinion on this, but I thought some people might. Honestly, I have barely heard of this guy before.
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Moozer325
VP Picks don’t move the needle that much. I like the pick, but my only worry is that Mike DeWine will now appoint 2x Primary Loser Matt Dolan to the Senate, when I want Vivek appointed 
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
The playbook demands a boring VP pick, I am just glad it wasn't Romney
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@WyIted
Who would be an “exciting” choice?

Sarah Palin was chosen out of a need for excitement, and the choice was one of political history’s great blunders…

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@cristo71
Who would be an “exciting” choice?
Tucker Carlson

Sarah Palin was chosen out of a need for excitement, and the choice was one of political history’s great blunders…
Yeah well Roger Stone was not consulted with that pick. Stone's playbook which Trump is following ensures a boring pick whose job it is to not fuck up what Trump is doing

Moozer325
Moozer325
As I interpret it, the constitutional role of the VP is to stand behind the president and win over some group that they identify with. 

As our countries first, John Adams once famously said, "[it is] the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived."
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@WyIted
Yes, Carlson would be an exciting choice— and yet another blunder (assuming he would even accept the position).
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Moozer325
As our countries first, John Adams once famously said, "[it is] the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived."
When John Adam's had the position, it automatically went to the loser of the election. 
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Cool. If Trump dies in office or gets bonked via the 25th we'll have another President under 50. The first since Obama aged out back in 2011.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Imagine not yet having turned 45 and you've completed a full term as Vice-President.
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
I read his book, hillbilly elegy. Basically Vance admits he comes from a white trash family.

He enlisted in the Marines after 9/11. He worked in public affairs in the Air Wing division. He could type nearly 50 words a minute. He’s wasn’t exactly Audie Murphy.

After college he worked for a venture capitalist in San Francisco. He didn’t like Trump at first, but when he realized the MAGA MORONS were sticking with Trump he weaseled out of his previous statements and begged Trump to forgive him. Zero integrity. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Moozer325
Read post 11. That is what everyone on the left secretly thinks of poor people. 

I read his book, hillbilly elegy. Basically Vance admits he comes from a white trash family.

This is who you are aligning with. That's not a strawman. That is something your typical democrat just wrote above
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
This is who you are aligning with. That's not a strawman. That is something your typical democrat just wrote above
I’ve always said it’s not your fault because you had crappy, neglectful parents. I can understand why you don’t like the term white trash, but I hope you’re not one of those politically correct pinheads, or is it only when you fall squarely in the subject of the political incorrectness?

Did you read his book? Probably not. You don’t have time for that working multiple low wage jobs.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Swagnarok
Cool. If Trump dies in office or gets bonked via the 25th we'll have another President under 50. The first since Obama aged out back in 2011.
And a President with flexible values and core beliefs. Perfect for the MAGA MORON party!

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I’ve always said it’s not your fault because you had crappy, neglectful parents. I can understand why you don’t like the term white trash, but I hope you’re not one of those politically correct pinheads, or is it only when you fall squarely in the subject of the political incorrectness?Did you read his book? Probably not. You don’t have time for that working multiple low wage jobs.
Another statement showing your disdain for the working class. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
Another statement showing your disdain for the working class. 
Well, the working class should not talk about things they don’t understand. Good parents teach their kids not to speak about things they know nothing about.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Well, the working class should not talk about things they don’t understand. Good parents teach their kids not to speak about things they know nothing about.
Like what. Which of the following conservative beliefs are wrong

1. There should be some level of border control
2. We shouldn't ban all guns
3. We should have an efficient government
4. The military should be strong enough to defend the country.
5. Let's not cut off the penis of gay children
WyIted
WyIted
I notice you don't debate because internally you know your beliefs are retarded. You also refused an IQ test when challenged with real stakes prior
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
I notice you don't debate because internally you know your beliefs are retarded. You also refused an IQ test when challenged with real stakes prior
lol, ya, that’s why, deep down I know I should act like a blue collar  MAGA MORON who can’t walk outside the house without putting on a ball cap.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
There should be some level of border control
We already have some level of border control. I know immigration scares you because immigrants could easily step into your job, do it better than you with a stronger work ethic and do it for less money. But that’s capitalism.

Now I recognize that my job as an airline captain is not threatened by people coming from south of the border, but we have low unemployment and the country needs workers. Trump’s attempt to vilify immigrants as dangerous or lazy is a lie that he tells because he knows it appeals to people like you who don’t want to admit that these immigrants can do your unskilled job better than you.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
We already have some level of border control. I know immigration scares you because immigrants could easily step into your job, do it better than you with a stronger work ethic and do it for less money. But that’s capitalism.
So your argument for liberalism is that more minimum wage workers will be displaced causing a larger homeless and welfare population. You are definitely showing your superior intelligence here. 

WyIted
WyIted
. Trump’s attempt to vilify immigrants as dangerous or lazy is a lie that he tells because he knows it
appeals to people like you who don’t want to admit that these immigrants can do your unskilled job
better than you.

He literally stated he wanted to increase legal immigration but just step up border security, so he is doing a shitty job villifying immigranta
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
We shouldn't ban all guns
No, we shouldn’t and Democrats don’t want to ban all guns. We want to be smart about guns and make sure only responsible people are able to obtain reasonable types of guns. But MAGA MORONS think it’s wise to have conceal carry and open carry, with no training, no licensing, no reasonable restrictions on firepower etc.

I’ve owned guns since I was in the 8th grade and was an expert shooter in the Marines as an officer and I’ve had a conceal carry permit in the past.
But I’m a reasonable, intelligent, well trained citizen.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
He literally stated he wanted to increase legal immigration but just step up border security, so he is doing a shitty job villifying immigrants
Bullshit. Show me

He literally opened his first campaign by vilifying immigrants. He’s been claiming they are all violent criminals and drug dealers and rapists from day one.
You have zero credibility 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
So your argument for liberalism is that more minimum wage workers will be displaced causing a larger homeless and welfare population. You are definitely showing your superior intelligence here. 
My argument is we have a shortage of minimum wage workers in this country. I said the reason YOU don’t want immigration is because you’re concerned they will be a better worker than you. You don’t want the competition. Again, that’s capitalism.

If you were smart, you would form a union. Unuionize so the company can’t offer the job to the lowest bidder. Get a seniority system going like we have for airline pilots.

I wouldn’t be making 30k a month without a union, I guarantee you that.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Had enough? That’s a lot of straight talk for one day
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Moozer325
In case you haven’t heard yet he picked Sen. J.D. Vance of Ohio. I don’t have much of an opinion on this, but I thought some people might.
He's another Trump sycophant whom we all know is lying every time he praises Trump because back before he ever thought he'd find himself stuck having to kiss the ring to remain viable he trashed Trump just like every other republican in Congress.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
No, we shouldn’t and Democrats don’t want to ban all guns.
I have beenndebating for over 10 years and used to be a Democrat. I know better

I’ve owned guns since I was in the 8th grade and was an expert shooter in the Marines as an officer and I’ve had a conceal carry permit in the past.
Doubtful, marines don't usually have such a feminine thinking style.

He literally opened his first campaign by vilifying immigrants. He’s been claiming they are all violent criminals and drug dealers and rapists from day one.
False this has been disproven many times and is not a generous way to interpret his words. Nearly every time he criticizes open borders he follows it up about a statement on increasing legal immigration. 

Today, we are presenting a clear contrast: Democrats are proposing open borders, lower wages, and, frankly, lawless chaos. We are proposing an immigration plan that puts the jobs, wages, and safety of American workers first. (Applause.)

Our proposal is pro-American, pro-immigrant, and pro-worker. It’s just common sense. It will help all of our people, including millions of devoted immigrants, to achieve the American Dream.

My argument is we have a shortage of minimum wage workers in this country. I said the reason YOU don’t want immigration is because you’re concerned they will be a better worker than you. You don’t want the competition. Again, that’s capitalism.
This is ad hominem and doesn't address the argument. It's also stupid. Immigrants provide worse labor.

We also have a shitload of minimum wage workers and it is literally retarded to argue there is not enough poor people in the country. 

Besides we want a shortage of minimum wage workers because it forces incomes up. With employee shortages, wages rise. With job shortages, wages fall. 

If you were smart, you would form a union. Unuionize so the company can’t offer the job to the lowest bidder. Get a seniority system going like we have for airline pilots.
No lol. When I was a kid I worked a union job. It was minimum wage but on top of it there were union dues and it didn't offer employment stability either. Often management went on random firing sprees at seemingly random times. 

It's an extra tax. I feel like you probably don't make as much as you claim. I have seen whiteflame argue some pretty good debates supporting a liberal world view. He seems reasonably intelligent. I haven't seen you put together a single one, and my understanding is airline pilots have to have above average IQ, though I guess if you are in a union and experience and DEI is preferred over a strict meritocracy it could be true. 
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@WyIted
How did he say anything against poor people? I do agree with him about the weasel thing but that’s basically required if you’re going to be a politician these days.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@WyIted
Doubtful, marines don't usually have such a feminine thinking style.
Very strange comment. Sounds like you are attracted to me. Marines is always capitalized, genius. Look it up.

False this has been disproven many times and is not a generous way to interpret his words. Nearly every time he criticizes open borders he follows it up about a statement on increasing legal immigration.
Bullshit again. Show me. I remember he once said he would have a big beautiful gate on his big beautiful wall, but that was because he wasn’t in front of a MAGA MORON crowd at the time.

Today, we are presenting a clear contrast: Democrats are proposing open borders, lower wages, and, frankly, lawless chaos. We are proposing an immigration plan that puts the jobs, wages, and safety of American workers first. (Applause.)
Just more empty rhetoric for the MAGA MORONS. Wages have increased more under Biden than Trump. Farmers were getting welfare under Trump, remember?
Crime is one of those things that a candidate can talk about in general because average people have no idea what the crime statistics are showing.