Read-only
Total: 884
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@JoeBob
how does it garentee they aren’t both scum? I’m lost
Before I sign off for the night, I'll respond to this. Put simply, I don't think they would have had this kind of argument if they were on a team together. It's an argument that invited people to take sides and potentially could have led to a swift end for one of them, but it's also just the kind of argument that I don't think they would have staged (and they would definitely have had to stage it - they would be able to see each other's claims in scum chat). It came off as just a confused mess. It's not impossible for one of them to be scum and still do all this, at least assuming that one of them knew a certain character wasn't in the game because they asked Casey about it, but that's still an outside chance.

whiteflame
whiteflame
Anyway, I'll come back to this in the morning.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Is Austin claiming to be a day dreamer? Is that what I’m seeing?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
I don’t believe you. Not necessarily that your scum but that your trying some gambit or something. Tread carefully.
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
@Owen_T
Unvote

Well, it's Austin, Luna, or me. Austin could be scum and asked about Maya Fey as one of the two characters. We're guaranteed to at least get one scum, and if investigative roles help out, we could get scum with 100% probability in two lynches.

Maybe someone could explain why I'm being scum read, other than just for being annoying in the last game.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Savant
Well, it's Austin, Luna, or me. Austin could be scum and asked about Maya Fey as one of the two characters. We're guaranteed to at least get one scum, and if investigative roles help out, we could get scum with 100% probability in two lynches.

Maybe someone could explain why I'm being scum read, other than just for being annoying in the last game.

It’s not that your scum read it’s more that your behavior in the last game combined with some of your previous play leads you to be likely to get tunnel vision again the second you get a read which if you tunnel someone town it’s going to end badly again. I am not sure if you learned that lesson yet or not but sometimes when you are right on a read like you were with Austin that one game, you get a little over cocky and can’t see past your own ego. I’m just saying if you end up playing like that you are a risk to town, and I’m not sure what you will do this game.

As for Austin I think he’s up to something but if he’s town than it could have negative consequences 
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
I don’t believe you. Not necessarily that your scum but that your trying some gambit or something. Tread carefully.
If Luna is scum, it would be in his interest not to stick with this POE, since it guarantees he gets lynched eventually. So kind of suspicious that he comes to the immediate conclusion "Austin is probably town, but he's also probably lying."

In a previous game when Austin and I were scum, Austin said scum was between JoeBob and I but that town should hold off on lynching either of us and wait for behavioral reads. Somehow that worked.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Lunatic
@AustinL0926
I am not sure if you learned that lesson yet or not
I was in that game too, so yes, I know my intuition is 50/50 at best.

As for Austin I think he’s up to something but if he’s town than it could have negative consequences 
See, this is what comes across as suspicious to me. Obviously, I will wait for other opinions so as not to get tunnel vision. But if Austin remains adamant about his role (he should tell us ASAP if he is trolling), then scum is between the three of us. If you think Austin is lying, it seems suspicious to me that you wouldn't immediately sus him. This seems like an attempt to avoid narrowing POE.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
uh I'll be honest here neither of you are giving me good vibes, need to think it over
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
Your non answer is answer enough for me 
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
not sure what you're talking about, but it would be anti-town to elaborate on my claim further.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Savant
See, this is what comes across as suspicious to me. Obviously, I will wait for other opinions so as not to get tunnel vision. But if Austin remains adamant about his role (he should tell us ASAP if he is trolling), then scum is between the three of us. If you think Austin is lying, it seems suspicious to me that you wouldn't immediately sus him. This seems like an attempt to avoid narrowing POE.
We’re kind of reaching the point where conversation about what he’s doing could be anti town. Let’s just say if you are suspicious of him ask yourself why he would draw attention to himself like that as scum. What is his play or end goal with this if he is scum?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
not sure what you're talking about, but it would be anti-town to elaborate on my claim further.
I get what you’re saying but on the reverse this could have anti town results if you want to continue this gambit. That’s why I say tread carefully.
Owen_T
Debates: 26
Owen_T
I feel like there is a possibility JoeBob could be mafia and trying to just not draw any attention. Did he say he was going to be less active earlier?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
Your concern is noted. What do you think of Savant? His play feels quite different to his towngame.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@AustinL0926
Your concern is noted. What do you think of Savant? His play feels quite different to his towngame.
Well considering how it went last game for him, I'd say it is probably important for a change in play. In fact if he plays like he did last game, I wanna policy lynch him. So there being a change in this case isn't a red flag for me. 
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@AustinL0926
uh I'll be honest here neither of you are giving me good vibes, need to think it over
They could both be scum. It's usually 3 random names the mod randomizes until at least one scum is rolled. 

I can say I wish I hot the role because nobody would know the results until dp2 when we had more to work off of. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Owen_T
I feel like there is a possibility JoeBob could be mafia and trying to just not draw any attention. Did he say he was going to be less active earlier?
That happens frequently. Good observation. Let's get a claim from him

VTL.joebob

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WyIted
I think we should push for character claims only btw. Role if the character is scummy. I feel like the meta of getting 3 role claims dp1 gives mafia too much information. MY stance is either get no 1-2 roles MAX (0 preferable) or force everyone to mass claim, because at a certain point claims help mafia deduce more than town. Newer people and people like joebob are also very easy to full claim under pressure no matter what the role, which can bite us in the back, so that's why I am clarifying this 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Lunatic
I appreciate that and agree. I like to see Owen participating and am trying to make him feel welcome by responding to his views. My fear is that him popping out to say something useful like that could go ignored and if he felt ignored it could affect his participation 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Owen_T
Nothing but hugs and warm welcomes new guy! OR MAYBE WE LYNCH YOU WITH FIRE MWAHAHAHAH- mmm parden, I don't know what came over me....
WyIted
WyIted
I feel like somebody just deleted a post
WyIted
WyIted
Maybe not. Maybe my screen just made the thread appear bright red
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I wish Wylted didn't out his character and just read his character more closely. I could reread Austin's posts during this DP. I noticed Lunatic backed off his odd tunneling he's doing towards Wylted.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Votes:

Savant (1/5): Austin
Mharman (1/5): Lunatic
JoeBob (1/5): Wylted
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I'm okay with getting either Savant's or Luna's character.
Savant
Savant
-->
@Earth
I'll give my character just to make things easier. I am Athena Cykes.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@WyIted
I feel like somebody just deleted a post
I'm realizing I don't know if I even have the means to investigate deleted posts. When it comes to Mafia, the only way I've ever learned of them was because they tagged someone and the post vanished. Couldn't say if it happened in this instance.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Savant
So... wait, why did you claim your character? You only one vote on you and Earth's statement about getting a claim from you or Luna, and while I get that you have been pretty transparent about being sussed (I still don't fully get why you think you should be sussed apart from Austin's softclaim), I don't see why you felt the need to out yourself without at least having some discussion over which of you should claim.
Savant
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
I won't go into too much detail, but my role isn't that great, so if someone has to claim, I may as well di so. If Luna is the cop or something I wouldn't want him revealing a ton of info right out the gate.