Author: AustinL0926

Total: 47
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Winners: Mafia (Pie and Casey)

Roles:

Lynched D1:

Savant – you are the Joker! You win with the town. 

Smooth Criminal (Active, x1 per game) – Despite various attempts by Batman to bring you to justice, you always seem to get away with it. As such, one night per game, you may choose to become bulletproof. 

Agent of Chaos (Active, x1 per game) - You love nothing more than to watch the world burn. One day per game, you may choose to steal a player’s vote, allowing you to use it for yourself. You may not use this ability at MYLO or LYLO. 

Lynched D2:

Joebob – you are Erno Rubik! You win with the town.

Creative Inventor (Active, x1 per day) – you are known for inventing the Rubik’s cube, one of the most popular toys ever made. Each day, you may give a Rubik’s cube to another player. They can either [Scramble] or [Solve] the cube, which are the following abilities:

Scramble: Commute, being immune to all actions for that night.

Solve: Self-strengthen, having their ability be immune to interference that night.

Lynched D3:

Casey – you are “Un Chien Andalou.” You win with the mafia.

Meaning? What Meaning? (Passive) - I’m sure that there’s some deep meaning behind your movie... but good luck figuring it out. Any players targeting you will have their action fail.

Critical Reception (Passive) – You were enormously popular for your time and considered a landmark in surrealist cinema. You take one more vote to lynch than normal. This ability is disabled at MYLO and LYLO.

Killed N3:

Earth – you are the “Rohirrim charge at Pelennor Fields.” You win with the town.

Inspiring Speech (Active, x1 per game) – Your scene is famous for being prefaced by a passionate battle speech. One night per game, you may select two players, and you will be put in a private communication topic with them for the rest of the game. This action cannot be interfered with, and non-town players can also be recruited.

CHARGEEEE! (Active, x1 per game) - Your battle is probably one of the most beautiful, bloody scenes ever put to cinema. If you and the two players you selected in [Inspiring Speech] unanimously agree on a target, then you will may use a 1-shot vigilante kill.

Moozer – You are Bart Simpson! You win with the town.

No Respect for Authority (Active, x1 per night) - Over the course of the show, you’ve done some stuff that should really get you arrested. Each night, you may commit one crime on another player. Once you’ve committed a crime, you cannot commit it again.

-Grand Theft Auto: The act of illegally stealing a vehicle. You may target a player and roleblock them for the night, preventing them from taking any actions.

-Vandalism: The act of unlawfully defacing property. You may target a player and rolestop them for the night, preventing them from being affected by any actions.

-Stalking: The act of unlawfully following another person. You may target a player and learn who they visited that night.

Too Cute by Half (Passive, D3) - Despite being generally mischievious, most people in Springfield still treat you like a good kid. If you have not committed any crimes by the start of day 3, then you will be revealed as town-aligned.

Lynched D4:

Wylted – you are "You are a piece of shit for even asking me for my character claim, fuck you. Now I think you are scum and we should lynch you faggot." You win with the town.

Fuck off, you’re not getting my claim (Passive, x1 per game) - No way are these idiots getting your claim! The first time you are put at L – 1, all votes on you will be removed and you will become unvotable for the rest of the day. This ability will not activate at MYLO or LYLO.

Who the fuck do you think you are? (Active, x1 per night) - Anyone voting you is scum. Duh. Each night, you may investigate one player who was voting for you at the end of the previous day to learn their alignment.

Endgamed:

Barney – You are RSVLTS! You win with the town.

Fashionable! (Active, x1 per day) – Your clothing brand is bold and daring. Each day, you may give a shirt to another player. If the player accepts, then this player will be protected from all lethal actions that night but will lose any active actions. You will not be informed on whether they accepted the shirt.

Limited Edition (Active, x1 per game) - You have a limited edition collectable shirt that’s going to sell for big money. One day per game, you may publicly auction a shirt. The bidding mechanism works as follows:
-Players may bid by voting for the shirt (same as voting to lynch)
-The number of votes to hammer the shirt will be a number randomly selected between 2 and the number of living players excluding yourself.
-You may not bid for your own shirt.
-The player that bids the hammering vote will receive the shirt.
-The shirt will grant a 1-shot vigilante kill ability.
-The day will continue after the bidding ends.

Lunatic – you are “if a bear farts in the forest, but no one is around to smell it, does it still stink?”

Yes, it does (Active, x1 per game) - You believe that the world is an objective truth. One night per game, you may activate this ability, and be informed of how many players acted that night. This ability is mutually exclusive with [No, it doesn’t], meaning that you may not use that ability once you use this one.

No, it doesn’t (Active, x1 per game) - You believe that the world is formed by perception and observation. One night per game, you may activate this ability, and be informed of how many actions were performed in total that night. This ability is mutually exclusive with [Yes, it does], meaning that you may not use that ability once you use this one.

Pie – you are “Donald J. Trump." You win with the mafia.

LOCK HER UP (Active, x1 per night) – You really don’t like Hillary Clinton. In fact, you would rather see her in jail. Each night, you may Jailkeep another player, protecting and roleblocking them for the night.

STOP THE COUNT (Active, x1 per game) - During the 2020 election, you tried various quasi-legal methods to overturn the result. One night per game, you may choose a player to become unlynchable for the next day. This player cannot be you or your partner. This ability cannot be used at MYLO or LYLO.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN (Passive, x1 per game) - Your famous reelection campaign slogan. If you or your partner gets lynched, then the following night the factional kill will be unstoppable and undetectable.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Reserved (at the airport rn and don't have access to my mod notes, will post night actions later)
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Reserved for commentary
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
Woohoo, my first win as scum, and my first win where I actually feel like I contributed to the victory! I made a blunder when I voted for the shirt and ended up letting Wylted get it, but it all worked out in the end.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
@Barney
Gg. I still stand by the fact that Wylted was objectively scum. In hindsight probably shouldn’t have said anything about Covfefe lol
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
. I still stand by the fact that Wylted was objectively scum.
WTF Lol
WyIted
WyIted
Pie still scum reads me and he was on the scum team and I was not in the chat with him
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
Pie still scum reads me and he was on the scum team and I was not in the chat with him
You’re honorary scum
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@AustinL0926
You don't have long to edit your post once you've posted it. Unless DART has changed that.
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
@Casey_Risk
Good job. I feel kind of bad for Wylted (less bad than if he had used his shot on Pie like he promised), but I have no idea what Luna and Barney were thinking voting to lynch town because scum "deserved to win." It did convince me that the town deserved to lose, though.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
Good job. I feel kind of bad for Wylted (less bad than if he had used his shot on Pie like he promised), but I have no idea what Luna and Barney were thinking voting to lynch town because scum "deserved to win." It did convince me that the town deserved to lose, though.
I feel you. The biggest mistake you made was using the vote thief Willy nilly. If you provided an argument, it probably would’ve saved you.

As for their decision, it was definitely right. Shooting Earth was scummy as fuck and the arguments against me were all based on WIFOM
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
@Savant
You don't have long to edit your post once you've posted it. Unless DART has changed that.
He could probably get a mod to do it
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
@Savant
Yeah, we can do that.
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
Shooting Earth was scummy as fuck
Maybe, but they both said "I think Pie is scum" and then they voted against Wylted. If they actually suspected Wylted it would have made more sense.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
Maybe, but they both said "I think Pie is scum" and then they voted against Wylted. If they actually suspected Wylted it would have made more sense.
Luna thought I was scummy but there was no evidence to support it besides WIFOM. Then it came down to what was easier to believe as Luna laid out. Barney, idk about. He probably just wanted to end the game cause he knew he’d be killed in the night anyways.
Savant
Savant
-->
@ILikePie5
What I believed before, and what this game has reinforced, is that "objectively scummy" is not the same thing as being scum. Scum know how to act "objectively townie," which is why things sometimes have to come down to instinct. Scum know what the Meta is and play along with it. Also, WIFOM gets dismissed way too easily, but sometimes WIFOM works if you know how to read people.

Not that I blame you for using the strategy you did, since it won you the game, but I think it clearly wasn't in the interest of the town in this game.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
What I believed before, and what this game has reinforced, is that "objectively scummy" is not the same thing as being scum.
That’s true, but if there’s smoke, there’s usually a fire. I don’t blame town for lynching you because there was no town incentive for you to use the vote thief in that manner. The only explanation is an anti-town one.

Scum know how to act "objectively townie," which is why things sometimes have to come down to instinct.
That’s true but there are objective truths in the game that need explanation. Like why did you vote thief someone you didn’t think was scum. Why did Wylted shoot someone who objectively had to be town.

Scum know what the Meta is and play along with it. Also, WIFOM gets dismissed way too easily, but sometimes WIFOM works if you know how to read people.
I wouldn’t say WIFOM was dismissed. If both sides are using WIFOM, then it’s a matter of what is easier to believe. Lunatic made the correct decision in that regard.

Not that I blame you for using the strategy you did, since it won you the game, but I think it clearly wasn't in the interest of the town in this game.
I’d argue that town was to blame for their own inaccuracies. You messed up the vote thief. Wylted messed up the shot on Earth and “found” a scumslip on JoeBob. That’s 3 town deaths caused by town. 
JoeBob
JoeBob
gg 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Savant
I guess my point is that in a game where it’s hard to distinguish who is town and who is scum, you can’t let your play look scummy as town. It’s your responsibility as town to play in town’s interests. If you mess up, you can’t expect your town colleagues to think you’re town when you acted in a scummy way. Ofc it’s a case by case basis most of the time
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Savant
Good job. I feel kind of bad for Wylted (less bad than if he had used his shot on Pie like he promised)
My bad. I am annoyed at myself for it, because the more I think about it the more I should realize that if pie is scum he is hard to lynch and should be taken care of first for that reason
WyIted
WyIted
I don't want to say anymore about it, but I definitely disagree that vigging somebody in my POEnis scummy
WyIted
WyIted
You have to look at the motivations behind actions. If revealing information that you are in no way forced to reveal and gains you zero advantage in terms of making you read as town than that is likely a town motivation behind it. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
I don't want to say anymore about it, but I definitely disagree that vigging somebody in my POEnis scummy

But Earth should’ve been lower than me after he backed out last second is my point
Lunatic
Lunatic
Look if we didn’t let pie win he probably would have exiled playing with at least three of us going forward. We did y’all a community service
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Look if we didn’t let pie win he probably would have exiled playing with at least three of us going forward. We did y’all a community service
I was thinking about it, but I wouldn’t. We were screwed since the NKs failed. I didn’t have much hope
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
@WyIted
The frustration with Wylted getting away with not even forming a coherent argument was annoying. Wylted was Joe Biden and I was Donald Trump on the debate stage

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
But Earth should’ve been lower than me after he backed out last second is my point
Honestly he was, but my philosophy is personally just kill whoever is on my POE list. It was also kind of a last minute back out so my decision felt written in stone. I don't think him backing out gave him town cred either. I thought at the time if he was scum it helped him because it increases the scum pool and therefore mislynch opportunities. That didn't mean I thought he was more likely to be scum than you but I saw scum motivation and it was a mistake because the vig could have been used ad bought us like an extra dp.

I know I am stupid for this but I thought even with casey flipping guilty that casey was still honest about her role and that there would be no NKs, so I thought, hey I kill earth and we go into next dp

moozer, pie, wylted, barney lunatic

even if you mislynch me than it leaves probably barney,lunatic pie and the game is an automatic victory

It never crossed my mind that casey lied about her role, as dumb as that is
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@ILikePie5
The frustration with Wylted getting away with not even forming a coherent argument was annoying. Wylted was Joe Biden and I was Donald Trump on the debate stage
Admittedly I put a lot less effort into my arguments than you, but I also felt like it was up to lunatic and barney to figure this out and that all I could do was be an open book. I had you as scum by POE, so what is my argument anyway? My argument is that I scum read pie because lunatic and barney are obvious town.

Plus people never buy my logic for why I scum read people anyway other than my joebob, moozer scum team argument, which given the same information would still make them the scum team in 85% of similar situations.
WyIted
WyIted
Good job either way you overcame a lot to win
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@WyIted
Good job either way you overcame a lot to win
Ya worked out in the end