Proving a negative.

Author: Mall

Total: 59
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Just pointing out that internal systems function independently of the mind.

To a degree and yes experience precedes thought/concepts/mind/intellect

Proving a negative?
I dunno bout that.

For me, a cute female backside is positively curved.
Yeah curves are beautiful. Men are more visual minded in that sense than women, notice the curves sooner.

Whereas a big fat woman gets a negative response.
Not sure that holds true for all men. A big fat man may find more beauty there then your self or I.  I seem to recall that in more ancient times --if not specifically Roman culture---  plump women was more popular. 

And I seem to recall that in some African tribes what mean are attracted to is wide hips, and that that may be a genitic thing about wanting children and wide hipped woman perhaps have less issues with childbirth because of wide hips.

Just call me old fashioned

Ive been told that Im old school in some ways also, So that appears as a negative some, as, I would not be current with the times of fashion, or dating, or politics, or culturally in way men and women treat each other, not to mention, gender roles and transgender { Catlyn Jenner }.

Here is sports bicylcist Lance Aarmstrong going to Catlyns house to interview him.  Go to 19:30 where lance once some more clarity regarding sports of men and women in track and field, just around time Catlyn was beginning think about how to go about this transgender or transexual transformation.  Kind of interesting storyline regarding men and women then.

Mall
Debates: 375
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
Do you mean a theist claims what they're saying is objectively true?
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
There are cases whereby a negative can be proven.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
There are cases whereby a negative can be proven.
0 - 1 = -1
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
Do you mean a theist claims what they're saying is objectively true?
generally, yes

specifically regarding moral claims
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
As I tried to point out.

A negative is the assumed opposite of an assumed positive.

As such "proof" is not relevant.

Mall
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
Could be true depending on the particular point. Best to address point by point rather than generalize.

As far as the ones that are the exception, they are just as religious as any atheist.
Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
Negative is what is labeled when the positive is not detected. Keyword detected. Not talking about what is present.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
If a positive is not detected how can one know it's opposite.

And to detect something and know it's opposite, both must be present.

Otherwise one is making assumptions.

As I stated.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
Negative is what is labeled when the positive is not detected. Keyword detected. Not talking about what is present.

you haven't detected bigfootlochnessspacealiens

does that mean

there are no bigfootlochnessspacealiens ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
As far as the ones that are the exception, they are just as religious as any atheist.

are you suggesting claims of "objectivity" are "more-religious" or "less-religious" ?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
If a positive is not detected how can one know it's opposite.

You defined, instead of " detected " or both, ......(     )(     ).......vertical bisection of.torus and a   spiral going around, the  tube, ---at 90 degrees or less----

1} flat.......peak of flat horizontal birds-eye view of torus bisection is ......--(-->    ( )    <--)---and < here   }it half way between the negative and positive curvature........

FLat is the the line between the brown and blue in this link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Torus_Positive_and_negative_curvature.png

For the labeling flat see Gaussian torus distinctions of the "

convex/positive{ outer peak },

flat { #1 } and,

the negative/ saddle-shape negative { inner peak }

.Flat = (    )

.Convex-concave = (   ) or as  O

.Negative = )( i.e. curved in two directions, that, are at 90 degrees to each other.

Zed, however,

.one curve inner great circle always stays inner  ---likened to concave aspect {inner side } of circle O-----,

. and the other curvature goes out to meet become the convex positive, and there return to the negative inner { inside surface of convex }.  It is safe for biologic creatures to be on inside of some of these spheres made to conduc an electric charge { Vandeer graph spheres } and the charge stay on surface tension of atoms { fuzzy electron clouds with positive proton etc in toward center }, which is to stay on outside surface of sphere, the attractive charge builds between .the two spheres to make a lightening-like electric charge

ebuc
ebuc
Hi, im a trinary germ wall ---ecto-meso-endodo--- created from invagination of the myself { self inflicted invagination } at few days or so into my growth. Its been a real gas { wink } { gastrulation }.

Some tell me that way out there is this outer positive { convex and concave } field of Gravity (  ), and,

its 180 degree opposite Dark Energy )(  Field space.  I dunno man,

I only know my reality space and conceptual units of time, that,

I seem to experience as periods of time.  .....slowly or rapidly coming into consciousness.....and these rises and falls.....a wave of experience is a cosmic trip.....as best as I can recall........then - here, and now anticipating a future........sleep on it.....

_____^___v---^----V~~~~V~~~V_______^___^^_^^^_^^^^^^....good morning sunshine..........,

Songs of symmetry { \/\/\/\/\/ } 

Songs of asymmetry { VVVvvvv^^^[][][] }

Time to sleep sunshine ok, bye to that phase of consciousness called consciousness....sleep soon.....

Mall
Mall
-->
@zedvictor4
That's what negative means. At least when we're talking about testing. It means the positive is not detected. It doesn't prove whatever is being tested is not present.

That's why I'm saying distinguish between present and detected.

See something may not be detected although present. But that is what the negative is called .

Hopefully you follow what I'm saying.
Mall
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
No it just means you haven't detected what you're testing for which is what I've been saying.

So if I have a picture that shows no sign or image of a figure I was looking to capture, is the photo negative or positive of that figure?

Doesn't disprove the existence of what the photograph was intended to be photographed.

Difference between being present and detected.
Mall
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL

"are you suggesting claims of "objectivity" are "more-religious" or "less-religious" ?"

Neither. All you have to take away is that theists are religious as atheists. Both have their unique belief systems alike. That's it, plain and non misconstrued.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mall
Hopefully you follow what I am saying.

I admire your optimism.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
Neither. All you have to take away is that theists are religious as atheists.
not equivalent claims
Mall
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
Yup no claim.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
the theist is basically saying, i saw a rare bird and furthermore that means we should follow the teachings of this old book

the atheist is basically saying, i never saw the rare bird you speak of and i'm not going to believe you until you show me some evidence
Mall
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
Yeah the atheist decided to believe the bird doesn't exist actually without evidence, same belief system on the flip side.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
Yeah the atheist decided to believe the bird doesn't exist actually without evidence, same belief system on the flip side.

the positive claim demands evidence

there is plenty of evidence that the bird does not exist

i've never seen the bird

and in fact

among the people who claim to have seen the bird

the descriptions are obviously contradictory
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
the atheist is basically saying, i never saw the rare bird you speak of and i'm not going to believe you until you show me some evidence

Ex. fossil evidence of dinosaurs with feathers.  Dino-birds > Birds > bio-diversity of birds via sex { yay for sex! }

We all live on a bio-diverse planet, and we may all die collectively on a bio-diverse planet, as long as various factors of military projectiles exist, and more rare to hit Earth are the existence of  celestial projectiles.

Then there is the slow death by killing off the ecological environment that sustains us all.  There exist no cosmic gurranttees for humanities survival on Earth beyond tomorrow. 

Duhh, humanity is long ways from gettin real when it comes to dangers facing us a whole.
Mall
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
When there's evidence for something, then there's no controversy. Perhaps denial at that point from them that reject the evidence. Religion exists because there hasn't been established scientific evidence one way or the other.

That's why debates about God perpetuate.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
Religion exists because there hasn't been established scientific evidence one way or the other.
religion exists because it has zero overlap with "science"

and it is an obvious category error to even ask for "scientific evidence" for any religious claim
Mall
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
Religion would not exist or faith is not needed for something that has been proven.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mall
Religion would not exist or faith is not needed for something that has been proven.
AND NOBODY CAN EVER PROVE WHAT HAPPENS OR DOESN'T HAPPEN (TO YOUR MIND-SOUL) "AFTER YOU DIE"
Mall
Mall
-->
@3RU7AL
Well one day just keep the hope.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
When a nutter, attempts to assassinate a nutter of different caliber,  double negative is proven