Where to watch the presidential debate with friends

Author: WyIted

Total: 21
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
The presidential debate is tomorrow (thursday) at 9pm eastern 8 pm central, airing on CNN. 

If you want to talk shit while listening to it or just discuss it as it happens, I will be in the discord chat to commentate. 

Nobody that joins has to have a particular political leaning though and we should all be respectful of each other's views while simultaneously having thick skin. Join here

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Our deficit is now about at $2 trillion.  This shows how bad Biden is on this issue (but I'm not acting like Trump would be any better).

I don't think I'm going to vote for any politician that doesn't have a plan they are open about to pay off the entire debt in 1 term (all of them).  The stupid majority cares more about Israel/Palestine because it's the current thing right now.
WyIted
WyIted
I don't want to talk you out of not voting but the deficit is only important because it let's us blame the president for shit. A good amount of that is to nation states we can just nuke if they get pushy about it, so no need to even pay it back. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
@wylted

I don't want to talk you out of not voting
Lol

but the deficit is only important because it let's us blame the president for shit
Only left wing POTUSes though.  We would never blame a right wing POTUS for getting us deeper in debt, right?  (sarcasm).  Blame them all for getting us deeper in debt regardless of party.

A good amount of that is to nation states we can just nuke if they get pushy about it, so no need to even pay it back. 
If that's the attitude we have, then no more countries will loan us money.  Debts have to be paid back; it's common sense.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
You know the worst thing is Biden is essentially losing the petro dollar right now. We actually invaded Iraq because they were trying to get off of the peteo dollar. It's going to potentially put us through another great depression. Start looking up why we depend on the Petro dollar to be an economic power house
Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
Trump lost the debate against Biden before.

He will lose this time too.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
I believe the debates will help Biden.  I don’t know if they will give Biden a win.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
He has dementia. The goal.is for him to hide it reasonably well in the debate so he doesn't lose voters. His bar is very low. 

The fact you think a guy who shit himself on national TV and thinks he is running for senate will crush a competent debater is just silly
Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
-->
@WyIted
will crush a competent debater
He wont crush a competent debater. He will crush Trump.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@WyIted

Yes, Trump did shit himself on national TV.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FLRW
Yes Trump shit himself also Biden is orange. It is opposite day. 

Like WTF is this mentality. You actually get footage of Biden shitting on stage and democrats thinksnit goes away if they say 

"I AM RUBBER YOU ARE GLUE"  It's peak retard
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea
He wont crush a competent debater. He will crush Trump
How though? My grandma has dementia and it's not as bad as his?
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Best.Korea

This is what he will be debating. That isn't a gaffe you can watch videos of dementia patients literally doing the same thing
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
@wylted

He has dementia. The goal.is for him to hide it reasonably well in the debate so he doesn't lose voters. His bar is very low.
How do you hide serious dementia?  It’s like taking the world’s fastest sprinter 50 years ago (maybe 80 years old) to act fast.

People with physical decline won’t be able to act fast and people with dementia won’t be able to act smart.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
People with physical decline won’t be able to act fast and people with dementia won’t be able to act smart.
Correct. https://youtu.be/WtYyfyr6Q-E?si=KCTo9p108WUA6Ij_
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
@wylted

It’s highly plausible there was a lot of video manipulation done in these clips.

Just watch at least  part of the debate tomorrow and we will see how Biden performs.

I’m also aware enough to know if it’s given that Biden is in perfect mental health, that you would still vote Trump over Biden because you only vote republican.  Don’t expect a democrat or independent to share that partisan tribalism.

A democrat is more lotto vote for a moderate republican than a republican is to vote for a moderate democrat.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
I’m also aware enough to know if it’s given that Biden is in perfect mental health, that you would still vote Trump over Biden because you only vote republican. Don’t expect a democrat or independent to share that partisan tribalism.
I would be willing to vote a democratbin the right situation and have done so before but the party seems to be getting worse. Biden even if he makes it through the debate is obviously in severe mental decline. As far as Democrats not being tribal they seriously make everything political. Sports, TV shows, classrooms. Plus nearly 100% of of the senate votes with Biden, meanwhile Republicans only voted with Trump about 70% of the time
WyIted
WyIted
If I lived in Philly this is who would have gotten my vote for mayor

https://www.phila.gov/departments/mayor/#:~:text=Mayor%20Cherelle%20L.%20Parker's%20Public%20Schedule%20for%20the%20Weekend%20(Saturday,Sunday%2C%20June%2023%2C%202024)
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
@wylted

As far as Democrats not being tribal they seriously make everything political. Sports, TV shows, classrooms.
This is free speech and if you don’t like it, then don’t watch it.

Plus nearly 100% of of the senate votes with Biden, meanwhile Republicans only voted with Trump about 70% of the time
Where is your source for this information?  Because I thought on most issues, the parties were in lockstep pretty much all of the time.  Roe V Wade would have been codified if 100% of the Democrats voted to do this and about 30% of republicans joined them.

What’s your reason?  And I’m not judging, but unless you live close to Philly, why would you care about their mayor that much?  It would be like if I cared about the mayor of Phoenix that much (I live in the NY metro area).
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
This is free speech and if you don’t like it, then don’t watch it.
We were talking about tribalism.

Where is your source for this information? Because I thought on most issues, the parties were in lockstep pretty much all of the time. Roe V Wade would have been codified if 100% of the Democrats voted to do this and about 30% of republicans joined them

What’s your reason? And I’m not judging, but unless you live close to Philly, why would you care about their mayor that much? It would be like if I cared about the mayor of Phoenix that much (I live in the NY metro area).
I live near Philly and get their news. I don't care that much but dug into her because I thought she was an outlier of a candidate. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
@wylted

Fair point, but on the big issues, a democrat from a blue place comes out as right wing on guns or abortion (or vice versa for republicans), and they get primaried.  On whether or not Elaine Chao gets promoted to a position, nobody will care how you vote.