"Free Mind of Ideas" Education System - Better alternative to "Competition of ideas"

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 61
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@Reece101
In one case, people are asked to give ideas, in the other, they are not. So only one system produces greatest number of ideas, and greatest number of ideas conquer the world.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Best.Korea
An idea in and of itself is conceptually arbitrary. You’re not giving any qualifying descriptives other than the logical conclusion that Greenland sharks should rule the world.  They live very long lives with many ideas. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Reece101
logical conclusion that Greenland sharks should rule the world
I dont think that Greenland sharks have many ideas, I mean, they dont even talk much. But they also lack ability to turn their ideas into reality, if they have any, and I thought it was obvious that ideas play an important component in conquering the world, and person with greatest amount of ideas will rule the world. Now, of course, there is always a possibility of failure, but increasing number of ideas is mandatory anyway, since without ideas you have nothing, and with more ideas you always have better chances, and society with greatest number of ideas has great advantage over society with little to no ideas.

An idea in and of itself is conceptually arbitrary
Well, I was certain that people will at least know what is an idea, but if you dont know what is an idea, then you have no need to read this thread any further.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Best.Korea
Where does Genghis Khan fall into your world view?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Reece101
He had great war strategies, no?
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Best.Korea
Not really. The Mongol Empire didn't last long with the culture he created. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Reece101
The Mongol Empire didn't last long with the culture he created. 
He conquered a lot of the world. That takes strategy.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Reece101

As you can see from his history, he had plenty of ideas and war tactics he used to defeat enemies.

He didnt just take sword and blindly attack everyone, as basic history would let you believe.

Basic history even tries to present Hitler as mindless attacker, when his strategies were far beyond mindless attacking.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Spot on.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Sharks have no idea what camels are.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
That is a profound statement.
Mall
Debates: 340
Mall
-->
@sadolite
How do you know what sharks know?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
"How do you know what sharks know?" Argument for the sake of argument. I wont stop you from playing dumb, I'll encourage it. Tube worms don't know what cheetahs are either.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
How do you know?

Don't tell me what you think. 

How do you know ?

Just say you don't in all sincerity.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
I wont say I don't know, because I do know. What is astonishing is that you know to but choose to willfully play an  ignorant fool with no critical thinking skills. Again, I encourage you to do that. Check this out. Mountain goats don't know that alligators exist.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
The master of deflection you are and filibustering.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
I didn't deflect, I said I do know based on critical thinking skills. You willfully chose not to use critical thinking to argue for the sake of argument. You will continue to do so.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
Uhhuh. You don't know.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
Its not my problem that you don't have critical thinking skills.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
If you were to ask me how do I know the sky is blue?

I say through my visual sense I observe the heavens looking up to witness it. If I tell you "oh I use critical thinking skills", that's not telling anything. 

That's why you haven't elaborated passed that in the practical sense I just gave.

You folks got to chill on playing the games, get sober and learn something on here.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
It's not my problem you cant  extrapolate the obvious or have critical thinking skills. Argument for the sake of argument.
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Mall
If you were to ask me how do I know the sky is blue?

I say through my visual sense I observe the heavens looking up to witness it. If I tell you "oh I use critical thinking skills", that's not telling anything. 

That's why you haven't elaborated passed that in the practical sense I just gave.
I'm always on about this. We teach the kids "The sky is blue, the grass is green, cows say moo cats say meow." 

None of this is very accurate so we teach the kids to believe certain things but not to think very well. Everyone knows the sky is blue so there it is. 

The sky appears blue to us sometimes. Sometimes it appears grey, white, red, purple or a sort of mauve, pink, orange, yellow, black, sometimes black with white spots, and I've even seen it green. Grass is most often green, but sometimes yellow, brown, black, bluish and so on. 

It sounds silly, and in a way it is, but damnit! [pounds fist on desk] something needs to be done about these transgressions! 

ETA: Oh, I forgot. Cows and cats don't make an m sound. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RaymondSheen
We teach the kids "The sky is blue, the grass is green, cows say moo cats say meow." 
Thats nothing. Christians used to teach kids that masturbation is a sin which causes blindness, and that circumcising kids will prevent them from masturbating because they will relate to pain from circumcision which will make them less likely to touch themselves.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@RaymondSheen
There was even a Christian propaganda video called "vile masturbator". Christians are obsessed with dicks.
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Best.Korea
There was even a Christian propaganda video called "vile masturbator".
Out of a sort of morbid curiosity I would like to see that video. I thought the same thing about the old film "Reefer Madness!" and it turned out only to be boring and stupid - though I imagine not too bad to watch stoned. 

Christians are, in my estimation, just a little bit more ridiculous than most. Though we all are to some extent. Scientologists and maybe Muslims have the Christians beat in that regard, but, still - given the general riculous nature of humanity as a whole, that is saying something. 

Christians are obsessed with dicks. 
I can't complain too much about that. In a very different way I was obsessed with them myself. 
RaymondSheen
RaymondSheen
-->
@Best.Korea
I think one of the results of the apostacy of Christianity, especially the "church," is that they had to make up all sorts of stupid rules to replace the reality of the teachings of Christ. Books, radio, television, rock music, etc. A great deal of it is just nonsense and hypocritical because they always end up adopting those things for their own ministry or religious and personal use. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@RaymondSheen
Good point I made yes.
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
Hey do atheists believe no gods exists?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mall
The most common response I get from  self proclaimed atheists is that they look to science to answer all their life questions. But with that said, science has been proven wrong time and time again. So with that said, I think an atheist believes what ever science says in the moment. I really don't think an atheist ever considers  what science says in the moment could in fact be totally wrong, which it has been time and time again. But with that said its an opinion based on observation. I don't know what an atheist thinks or believes ultimately. 
Mall
Mall
-->
@sadolite
In short and directly to it, you don't know, ok .