Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 512
WyIted
Debates: 28
WyIted
-->
@JoeBob
I am moving onto other songs but I think the next song will have a mildly better mike
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@JoeBob
I’m almost done with page 1. Austin brought up a good point. What is GP is jester? His fakeclaim is prophet, and this whole thing is to win on the first day. Greyparrot is smart enough(I would hope so) to know that if he revealed as a third party, people would vote him out. Why else is the literal first post of this day saying he is a third party? It doesn’t add up.
Interesting idea but I really couldn't see GreyParrot doing that even as 3p. If he did, fair play, but the odds of actively claiming you are a 3p while being in that role are highly unlikely imo
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
Your read on Austin is very interesting. I actually wanted to check his last game he was scum that I could remember (which was My Favorite Anime Char Mafia), and while he did some of the questioning that seemed interrogational, it wasn't as much as he did in this game. I also know it was Austin's first time as mafia in that game so ofc his policy and belief could change overtime. It also sucks he was silenced Dp2 in that game and in Dp3 became overly aggressive to disrupt town.  I am gonna try to read some games though to see though if this deviation is the norm
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Vader
Interesting idea but I really couldn't see GreyParrot doing that even as 3p. If he did, fair play, but the odds of actively claiming you are a 3p while being in that role are highly unlikely imo
I think Prophet is a pretty bad to claim if you want to get lynched, since you're effectively daring town to ignore you. One easy breaking strategy that I've seen in a few Mafiascum games is just to claim Popular and wait for people to "test" you

Vader
Vader
-->
@AustinL0926
Yeah what my thoughts were exactly. Plus I also just feel like Grey would claim Jester right away from the start and try to work with town. I have trouble seeing any reason to not buy the claim
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
There isn't a Jester. I think we all know Pie well enough that he would never mod a game with a Jester in it.
Vader
Vader
My vote is gonna stick with JoeBob. I honestly just feel like he's buddying off of whiteflames logic with the Soldier route and taking it to heart. He also just gets chops of into during the DP versus the whole scoop. I think still BK is my top scum choice tbh, but it's gonna come down to him or Grey, and I think there's more utility in a JoeBob lynch than GP.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@JoeBob
Good to see some of your analysis. However, I'm concerned about some stuff you put.

First, I'm going to ignore GP being Jester, since I think that's unlikely for several reasons. It's a bastard role that's horrible for balance and fun, and also the way GP is going about it doesn't make sense.

You mentioned that

He may be lying about what day he chose. He is saying that to make sure we try to get it done before then, which leads me to belive he chose a day before that or two.
Can you elaborate on that? Why would GP lie about the day he chose?

According to the mafia fandom, soldier can survive one night kill from the mafia. Now we could take two options. Vote him out and don’t. If we don’t vote him out, then he can sit around like he is now. And if we vote him out, then he is dead.
That's... some horrifyingly bad logic. First, the link you provided literally says that soldier is town-aligned. If you believe that, why would you want to vote him out?

And also, people do not get lynched when they aren't lynched, and die when they are lynched. This is hardly groundbreaking news. I want to hear your own analysis on why we should vote him out.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Also I'm not going to vote anyone for now, my personal philosophy is that I never vote someone unless I would be willing to see them lynched at that moment. For now, I'm still undecided
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Earth strikes me as fluffposting a bit.
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@AustinL0926
I want to hear your own analysis on why we should vote him out.
Isn’t that what I posted?

That's... some horrifyingly bad logic
How though? I said if he gets lynched, then he gets lynched. If he doesn’t, then he doesn’t. I wouldn’t consider it logic, just what would happen. Pointing out the obvious.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@AustinL0926
I’ll be more direct. We should vote him out because he said himself he is a third party and he could be a more scummy third party role than what he says he is.
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
Woot, making a post from my laptop instead of phone!

Dashboard
PLAYER               ROLE          CHAR    DP1    NP1
1. Barney           ???
2. Lunatic           ???
3. Austin              ???
4. Whiteflame   ???
5. Best Korea     Millionaire     Hazel Levesque
6. JoeBob             ???
7. Earth                 ???
9. Wylted              ???                 [must kill Octavian/GP]
10. Vader              ???
TP. Greyparrot    Prophet      Octavian

---

Earlier I asked the three people with wagons on them for some insiders insight. 

If he didn't out himself as third party, I'd town read GP. His answer of not giving a fuck, seems honest, and something which might be trouble if he had a team. So my read on him is honest and non-scummy.

JoeBob defending himself from lurking... JoeBob, it's an unfortunate reality of this game that new players suffer this type of thing. If you actually were hoping on and off of the forum a bunch, isn't something I paid attention to (I tend to only look at that when impatient and someone hasn't posted all day).

BK first dismisses the wagon on him as tradition... But then gets hostile claiming it's motivated by payback. I don't like this from any perspective.
I'll admit I had similar fears when I started playing mafia, and while I can name one instance where they were proven abso-fucking-lutely correct, in the rest it was me way overthinking it to my own detriment. We're all smart people playing in a niche intellectual hobby, we have egos which make us want to win more than they make us want to punish anyone for what they did elsewhere.
Barney
Barney
-->
@Earth
There isn't a Jester. I think we all know Pie well enough that he would never mod a game with a Jester in it.
⬆️ I second this. Jesters only appear when the mod wishes to troll their own game. Since Pie isn't a bastard mod, there's no jester.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I'm going to need more of a reason than I'm seeing to vote JoeBob. The main sources of reasoning are:

Vader is on this vote because he thinks JoeBob is buddying me, mentions how he "just get chops of into during the DP versus the whole scoop," and says there's more utility to it.

To a certain degree, I agree with the first statement in that he's really going for the Soldier fake claim. He's been going off on a tangent with it that doesn't match what I say, but he agrees with me that GP's claim is likely fake. If that's the extent of his buddying, I don't buy that that alone is scummy. It's certainly not necessary to be on the GP wagon and, given that we just got out of a game where we talked a lot about my logic, he's likely trying to kick the tires on it more this game. The second point I can't parse, but I think you're saying that he is just picking up on bits of the DP and missing the larger picture, which reads to me like someone coming into it and re-reading from the start rather than someone with a scum partner who can offer that information. As for utility... I don't get it. What utility? If he's scum, there's utility. If he's town, there's negative utility.

Luna is scumreading him because he thinks it's more meaningful than a GP wagon and doesn't think JoeBob has done much scum hunting. 

I don't recall a single game where JoeBob was actively scum hunting in DP1, regardless of his status. If anything, I'd find that kind of behavior more sus because it would be largely unprecedented this early. I'm also unclear on why the wagon is "more meaningful." What are we supposed to take away from a lynch on JoeBob if he's town? That we're down one town member? I also don't understand why hopping on this particular wagon makes the most sense because of who's on it. He claims he's doing this in part because of a behavioral townread on Vader and a feeling that GP's just going to be less biased, which... I don't really get. Just because GP doesn't have inside factional information doesn't mean he has any incentive to vote in a way that benefits town. If his claim is correct, the only thing that benefits him is prolonging the game.

And, despite not having his vote on him, WyIted calls him out on wanting to read the DP thoroughly before providing his thoughts.

He mainly relates this to how he would personally behave, but he's not engaging with how JoeBob plays the game. As someone who was on a scum team with him for the entirety of our last game, I don't see any of his posts as behaviorally in a similar light. He is trying to be more prepared for these posts, but based on our discussion during that game as well as his concerns about how he plays in general, I view this as an effort to change things up and make sure his contributions are more informed. Just because WyIted would do this as scum doesn't mean it's common behavior. I'm consistently hesitant to post without catching up, it's not indicative of anything for me. 

So, no, I don't understand this wagon at all. It comes off as trying to behaviorally sus him for reasons that don't match his play in previous games. I just don't buy it and I honestly don't understand how three different people approach sussing him so differently (minus the "utility" and "meaningful" statements from Vader and Luna) based off of different flavors of weak behavioral analysis. It doesn't make sense to me.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Honestly, the only reason I’ve seen so far to sus JoeBob that makes the most sense is his lurking and his defensive response to lurking. That’s the one issue I can agree doesn’t look great. He’s not alone in that, and he’s definitely made it more obvious than most, but it’s there.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@whiteflame
Yea. I agree that my “lurking” was there, but if I make it to next try I’ll try to be more active in the conversation.
Earth
Earth
Honestly, it seems like a lot of experienced players struggle to realize that new players act differently from the experienced ones in how they act. Also, we are ASSUMING Pie gave people fakeclaims, so I am more comfortable to lynch Grey.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Earth
Yea. If pie didn’t give fake claims, then it would be much harder to convince people that you say what you are, however if you know the book series well you could still think of a good role, which isn’t good. Though I am just stating the obvious.
Barney
Barney
-->
@JoeBob
I’ll try to be more active in the conversation.
Thank you, but also please don't overcompensate it. If you have a thought which could be useful, share it; but posting just to post is often worse than not posting at all. With how little information we have, there's already a whole lot of static.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Barney
Gotcha. I was planning on being pretty active this DP, but then the April Fools mafia came up and I forgot about this one.
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
To a certain degree, I agree with the first statement in that he's really going for the Soldier fake claim. He's been going off on a tangent with it that doesn't match what I say, but he agrees with me that GP's claim is likely fake. If that's the extent of his buddying, I don't buy that that alone is scummy. It's certainly not necessary to be on the GP wagon and, given that we just got out of a game where we talked a lot about my logic,

he's likely trying to kick the tires on it more this game. The second point I can't parse, but I think you're saying that he is just picking up on bits of the DP and missing the larger picture, which reads to me like someone coming into it and re-reading from the start rather than someone with a scum partner who can offer that information. As for utility... I don't get it. What utility? If he's scum, there's utility. If he's town, there's negative utility.
The highlighted is what I'm most referring to but there is also bits to the first statement. With my vote on Joe, he doesn't give me his legit reasons to believe why he is a soldier besides stating that there is the option he is a soldier. That is not an analytical statement by JoeBob and more him just seeing that you suggested something and using that to build off when trying force a lynch. This is something that I know mafia players tend to do when trying to draw mislynches because it buddies the "town" logic. 

I don't think he is buddying you, but I think he's just using your suggesting as a buffer for what Grey is versus the reasoning as to why Grey is. For example, players like Earth and others have commented on why he could vs couldn't be soldier

That is my reason for voting him. I also definetly take into account the blatant lurking because no matter what, lurking is scummy and from others, it deviates from his playstyle 

Vader
Vader
Actually unvote. 

I need to make sure my mechanic was right in the game because I think by default we have to lynch GP
Vader
Vader
We lynch JoeBob in DP1

It is either a 6v2v1 or a 7v1v1 (im assuming mafia have 2 because of Pie past games)
in the NP it can be either

5v2v1 or 6v2v1 versus 6v1v1 or 7v1v1
DP can be

4v2v1 or 5v2v1 or 5v1v1 5v2 versus 5v1v1 or 6v0v1 or 6v1

If we look at probabilies, there is a lower probability that we get the 6v0v1 then we get a mylo

If we lynch GP at most we only lose 1 town in the night 

I think by POE, we have to eliminate GP here. Not sure if he cowins with scum too but I think the lynch has to go with GP here. I know this is a change of logic but we have to lynch GP here in order for game to continue at the minimum of DP3

VTL GreyParrot
Vader
Vader
I have to finish this paper I have for one of my Business Law classes. After I shower n do all that I'm gonna check the dp one last time before classes
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Official Vote Count:

Greyparrot (4/6) - Best Korea, Wylted, JoeBob, Vader
JoeBob (2/6) - Grey, Lunatic

Vader
Vader
Logging off for the night. Will check back in the morning when I'm settled into my class
Earth
Earth
I'm going to VTL Grey. Anything else is way too risky, and lynching scum is always good in my book.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Vader
Let me run with this for a second.

Let's assume JoeBob is mafia.

5 town, 2 mafia, 1 TP

DP 1 we lynch a Mafia!Joe
5v1v1
Mafia kill a townie
4v1v1
DP2
If we lynch mafia again, we basically win and the only way Grey can joint win is if Town throws the game. If we mislynch
3v1v1
Mafia kills again and it's 2v1v1
I really want to know why Grey choose DP5 because it seems like this game can end in DP3 or DP4.

Barney
Barney
-->
@Greyparrot
Why did you choose DP5?