Trump is an insurrectionist

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 335
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Democrats GET SPANKED By SCOTUS Over Trump Insurrection Suit, Even LIBERAL Justices Favor Trump
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
What’s funny is that Trump hasn’t been charged with statutory insurrection while considering a DC Court and DC jury would easily convict him lmaooo 
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@ILikePie5
The problem is that statute probably has these things called definitions in them. It's harder to rewrite legal history with stuff like that.
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@Sidewalker
Technicalities, that's all you can argue with?

The election is in 2024. The results are provided in 2024. If he wins the election, he is the 47th POTUS as the winner of the 2024 election. He just doesn't take Office until January 2025. 
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@Greyparrot
Democrats GET SPANKED By SCOTUS Over Trump Insurrection Suit, Even LIBERAL Justices Favor Trump
Thanks for linking that. Just watched/listened. 
It definitely appears that SCOTUS will overrule Colorado, thereby forcing other states to reverse their decision to remove Trump from the ballot. 

Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
They do not have the authority to make such a declaration. None. Especially in light of the FACT that the F.B.I. declared that there was NO evidence to substantiate J6 as a so-called "insurrection." Stop calling J6 an Insurrection.
Here you are repeating the same crap you did before under a different name.
Huh? Still paranoid I see.
Whomever this other person is you keep referring to is, they clearly struck a nerve with you. 

What was said above is common knowledge. It is the de facto argument against J6 being incorrectly labeled an insurrection. 

So according to you, any time I refer to something widely known and available to learn by anyone everywhere, you're going to accuse me of being the person living rent free in your head? That is, by definition, paranoia. 

But hey, I get it. You simply cannot refute anything I said in reply to your nonsensical position, so you're just going to accuse me of being someone I am not. Got it. 
Sam_Flynn
Sam_Flynn
-->
@Sidewalker

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
As if the constant lying and attack on integrity protocols wasn't enough evidence.

If there were no thieves, why do they insist on leaving the vault open and then lie about doing it?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
If the TV says so then its so.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
The SCOTUS statements said IWRA is full of crap and peak Trump derangement to suggest individual States could arbitrarily nullify a Federal election. 

Even the far left whacko liberal Justices told the TDS lawyers off.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Greyparrot
The TV man. The TV is the last word on everything. You best be doing and thinking what your TV tells you to do. Otherwise you are a homophobe bigot moron.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
Exactly. The TV tells us that Biden has valid reasons why he can't remember things and why those reasons mean he can't be held accountable for mishandled classified documents.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@WyIted
There is no excuse for this misinformation. Anyone can watch trumps speech where he calls for peaceful protest. If you stopped just blindly listening to what CNN told you trump said and instead just listen for yourself you would see he said to go peacefully. Not only did he say to stay peaceful in his speech he tweeted it out to his supporters.
It's called a false exculpatory.

Trump spent months telling his supporters that the election (and by extension their voices) were being stolen from them. He then invited them to the capitol on January 6 the claiming it "will be wild". He then held the speech where he told them they have to "fight like hell or you're not going to have a country anymore". This BTW followed a speech by Giuliani saying "let's have trial by combat".

The months long effort by Trump to convince his supporters that the country was being stolen from them and his clearly violent rhetoric on the 6th do not get cancelled out because Trump slipped in the words "peacefully and patrioticly" in one sentence of his speech. One of these things is clearly not like the others. And you know who understood that? His supporters.

Moreover, think about the absurdity of this argument. They were assembled there to protest the theft of American democracy by a bunch of people who, by extension according to Trump's own logic, didn't give a rats ass about their voices. And the remedy for that is to go make their voices heard peacefully??? That makes absolutely no sense. And you know who else knew that? His supporters.

And one more thing here that I can't help but point out, this conversation always reminds me of that infamous saying in 2016 "the media took Trump literally but not seriously, Trump supporters took him seriously but not literally".

It never ceases to amaze me that Trump gets away with anything he says because his supporters say he shouldn't be taken literally. No matter how absurd, no matter how abhorrent, we're just not understanding him correctly. 'You have to learn to read between the lines' they say. And yet everytime we do that to show his blatantly obvious mal intent, all of a sudden if Trump doesn't literally and explicitly say that he's in the process of committing a crime then we can't possibly say he did.

We saw the same thing with Ukraine, because "I need you to do me a favor THOUGH" immediately after being asked about the foreign aid which Trump had been withholding couldn't possibly be interpreted as an attempt to get something in return...

Not only did he say to stay peaceful in his speech he tweeted it out to his supporters.
He actually didn't. The post that went out during the riot was written by his aids after pleading with him to say something to encourage them to stop. After getting very hard to get him to do so, he finally gave in, not to do it himself but to have them do it.

This was revealed by transcripts from the Jack Smith investigation. But we didn't need the investigation to tell us that, it was obvious from the start given that just like his peaceful comments in his speech, one of these things is not like the others. The post you are referring to was from his Facebook account. Meanwhile his Twitter account was attacking Mike Pence immediately after lanterning that the secret service had to evacuate him from the chamber. He also tweeted essentially an "I told you so" as things were starting to cool down. These are not the posts of a man concerned with anyone's safety at the Capitol.

And then there's the 3 hours or so that Trump spent watching the riots on TV while taking no official action whatsoever to stop it. That demonstrates his intent very clearly.

So instead of railing against us for "believing whatever CNN tells us", maybe it is you who needs to question where you are getting your information and talking points from.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
And you know who understood that? His supporters.
It never ceases to amaze me how otherworldly the mind reading powers are of a partisan hack.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
We know because they told us so genius. It's on tape.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
You mean the leaked footage the "select committee" withheld from the public? There's hours of unedited footage showing peaceful people and even a long clip of Jacob Chansley holding up a phone outside the Capitol building and bullhorning tweets from Donald Trump to the crowd to disperse and go home.

People are so done with the deep state gas-lighting, and the polls reflect that. Those people that exist outside of the partisan hack cult-bubble and don't dabble in supernatural mind-reading are the ones that are currently fueling the massive poll shift in EVERY swing state.

But keep doing the same thing over and over, that's the definition of insanity.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
"Deep state gas lighting"... Translation: applying basic logic and critical thinking.

Setting aside that Trump didn't even write the posts Chansley read to the crowds, I just explained in great detail how Trump's relatively tiny sample of statements urging the protests to remain peaceful was at odds with everything else we saw from Trump not only that day but for the two months leading up to January 6th. The reason no one cared when he read those posts is because they saw them for what they obviously were: an attempt to inject plausible deniability into the conversation when Trump is inevitably blamed for what was about to happen.

In other words, Trump was handing a talking point to the propagandists who would go out there and defend him to their graves because he knows that his base will believe anything and parrot this bullshit exactly as you're doing right now.

You sit here talking about peaceful people as if those who were peaceful cancel out those who weren't. Never once have I ever seen you use that logic when it came to the summer riots, because you know it's a stupid argument. Trump is essentially being accused of stochastic terrorism, the defense against that is not "but look at the people who didn't listen to me". That's common sense.

And lastly what is it with you and this defense of "super natural mind reading"? Yet another example of which one of us is actually in a cult. Determining a person's state of mind is not that complicated, we do it literally every single day and intent is one of the most basic concepts within criminal law. You tell a person's intent by looking at their actions. "When a person engages in an act, the natural and predictable consequences of said act can reasonably be inferred as that person's intent". This is really simple stuff, all you're doing is appealing to absolute certainty which doesn't exist. Any reasonable person knows that.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
The reason no one cared when he read those posts is because they saw them for what they obviously were: an attempt to inject plausible deniability into the conversation when Trump is inevitably blamed for what was about to happen.
There's zero proof for this other than partisan mind-reading. The clip I posted clearly showed people visibly interested in what Chansley was saying. It would take the most extreme partisan hack to look at that video and definitively deduce that people thought differently than what their actions showed in that clip.
FLRW
FLRW

FYI, Jacob Anthony Angeli Chansley (born 1988), also known as the QAnon Shaman, Q Shaman, and Yellowstone Wolf, is an American far-right conspiracy theorist.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Which makes it even more puzzling that he would do what the clip shows. Either your eyes and ears are lying, or you were lied to about what other people believe.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

OMG, are you Elon Musk?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
So glad you show up on a daily basis to remind me that your hero Meckhin loves your son-of-a-bitch.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

I know, I know, you have to fight like hell !
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Yes! Fight like hell to protect your son-of-a-bitch. That's what Mienkchin says!
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Does your spear say " Ah luv Trumpers" ?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
My spear says "Minkie says protect the son-of-a-bitch"
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Just admit on a scale of 1-10 how pissed off you are that I found that quote from your favorite person?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
The Jan. 6th panel also offered a reconstruction of Mr. Pence’s harrowing day on Jan. 6. It began with a heated phone call in which Mr. Trump berated him as a “wimp” and questioned his manhood for resisting his order to obstruct the electoral count. It grew more dire as the president, knowing his supporters were attacking the Capitol with the vice president inside, tweeted a public condemnation of him, further whipping up a crowd chanting “Hang Mike Pence!”
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
The reason no one cared when he read those posts is because they saw them for what they obviously were: an attempt to inject plausible deniability into the conversation when Trump is inevitably blamed for what was about to happen.
There's zero proof for this other than partisan mind-reading.
It's called critical thinking.

It wasn't a coincidence that the first time in American history we saw a president widely and repeatedly claim the election was stolen, half the country believed the election was stolen.

It wasn't a coincidence that president Trump called for all his supporters to show up on January 6th, and all of a sudden a day that passes by every election cycle without any mention in the news suddenly became a day we will talk about for decades.

It wasn't a coincidence that Trump told them to fight like hell and then they did.

It doesn't take a genius to recognize that when someone spends months telling you that your country is being literally stolen from you and that you have to fight like hell to save it, when that person also says peacefully make your voice heard that this isn't what he actually wants from you. You guys take him seriously but not literally right?

It's telling that I've explained all of this in depth and am repeating myself yet again and all you can do is repeat your original assertion which is nothing more than an intellectually vapid blanket denial of my points. Let me know when you have an actual thought to contribute.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
The clip I posted clearly showed people visibly interested in what Chansley was saying. It would take the most extreme partisan hack to look at that video and definitively deduce that people thought differently than what their actions showed in that clip.
Yes, they were experiencing cognitive dissonance, visibly confused about why Trump would tell them to be peaceful after months of rallying them up and unleashing them on the capitol. For some it was paralysing, for others it wasn't. The clip demonstrates everything I've been saying.