This is why I am Pro-Guns.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 13
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
The United States Constitution grants citizens the right to bear arms.
Despite the many controversies surrounding guns, there are many reasons why citizens should be allowed to own guns.

Reasons:

1. Self-defense: One of the most compelling reasons to own a gun is for self-defense. In a dangerous world where crime is a reality, citizens need to protect themselves and their families. Guns can level the playing field, providing ordinary people with the means to defend themselves against criminals.

2: Protection against government tyranny:  Owning guns gives citizens the ability to resist if necessary. While the government is not currently oppressive, history has shown that governments can become tyrannical, and citizens need to be able to defend themselves if that were to happen.

3. Hunting and recreational shooting: Many people enjoy hunting and recreational shooting. For them, owning guns is a way of life. These activities can also provide a source of food for families, which can be especially important in remote areas.

4. Mental health: Gun ownership can have a positive impact on mental health. Shooting can be a stress-relieving activity, and responsible gun ownership can provide a sense of empowerment and control. 

5. Second Amendment: The Second Amendment is a fundamental right enshrined in the United States Constitution. Any attempt to limit or remove that right would be an attack on the very principles of the US constitution.

Now some might say things like:

Gun violence is a serious issue in the US.
Mass shootings happen all the time.
Regulation is not good enough. 

However, gun violence is not caused by legal gun ownership, but by criminals who use guns illegally. The focus should be on addressing the root causes of crime, such as poverty and mental illness, rather than on limiting the rights of law-abiding citizens. Limiting gun ownership will not solve the problem. Instead, we need to address the underlying issues that lead to mass shootings and such. 

Now, I will say, while citizens should be allowed to own guns, there is a need for regulation.
Laws should be in place to ensure that guns are used safely and responsibly. Background checks can also help to ensure that guns do not end up in the wrong hands.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Some cities need better criminal control.
Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
Those are strong arguments.

But I believe the rainbow can beat them 🌈🌈🌈
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
5. Second Amendment: The Second Amendment is a fundamental right enshrined in the United States Constitution. Any attempt to limit or remove that right would be an attack on the very principles of the US constitution.
It was a right only for people participating in Well Regulated Militias. It says why they offered this right in the text of the 2A. The country also didn’t have, and didn’t want a standing Federal army at the time this was written.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

So if you are not in a well regulated militia, you are shit out of luck

The Constitution also counted black slaves as 3/5ths of a person for the purposes of representation and taxation. Times change genius.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Gun violence is a serious issue in the US.
Tho mass-shootings on rise, they still low on death toll accounting in USA. It is more scary to us because of it terroristic nature on our psyche of happening anywhere any time.
  • Heart disease: 695,547
  • Cancer: 605,213
  • COVID-19: 416,893
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 224,935
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 162,890
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 142,342
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 119,399
  • Diabetes: 103,294
  • Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis : 56,585
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 54,358

If there were less guns, there would be less mass-shootings ergo, less of the terrorism scare, that folks like Timothy McVeigh, Una-bomber, serial murders and rapist inflict on our psychic well being. Regulating guns is just one part of complex problem that requires many avenues of consideration. Ex help of mentally ill, and society where all are feel they are respected.

A gun or bomb is not the best way for humanity to practice respect.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Same old shit really.

1. Self defence is one side of a two sided argument; in your case, where both sides have guns and where who shoots first wins.

2. Protection against tyranny is one side of an even bigger argument; in your case, where lots of people have lots of guns and both sides assume that the other side is tyrannical; in this case guns will solve nothing; only cause lots of deaths until such times as a non-violent agreement is reached. Though as long as all citizens are prepared to abide by the rules of the US electoral system every four years, then I don't see much chance of tyranny occurring.

3. Hunting and shooting is also a U.K. pastime; albeit heavily licenced and regulated and with no military grade automatic firearms or hand guns  hiding in the gun cupboard.

4. Mental health and a sense of empowerment and control....Just about sums up the downside of mental health and gun ownership. FFS, guns and mental health issues related to empowerment and control tend not to end well....."Mass shootings and such".

5. Second amendment is just an old outdated bit of paper; put a match to it.

A gun is a violent piece of apparatus, doesn't matter whether it's legal or illegal.

And in any ones hands a gun becomes an instrument of empowerment and control;  it's what is known as the gun effect, and it affects good guys and bad guys alike.

So address the issues that lead to "mass shootings and such".....Why not start in the obvious place, instead of looking for stupid excuses.

Because stupid excuses are always the solution (see above) and therefore "mass shootings and such" are never actually addressed.

FLRW
FLRW
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Texas man went next door with a rifle and began shooting his neighbors, killing an 8-year-old and four others inside the house, after the family asked him to stop firing rounds in his yard because they were trying to sleep, authorities said Saturday.

FYI, the shooter was not black.
FLRW
FLRW

On Feb. 28, 2017, President Trump signed H.J. Res. 40, effectively ending the Social Security Administration's requirement to enter the names of people who receive mental health benefits into the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. This is the database used by the FBI to determine who is able to purchase firearms.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam

It was a right only for people participating in Well Regulated Militias. It says why they offered this right in the text of the 2A. The country also didn’t have, and didn’t want a standing Federal army at the time this was written.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

So if you are not in a well regulated militia, you are shit out of luck

The Constitution also counted black slaves as 3/5ths of a person for the purposes of representation and taxation. Times change genius.
If this were true, then blacks couldn't own guns, and people wouldn't be able to own guns in the U.S. 
That is simply not true, and you are an idiot. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ebuc
If there were less guns, there would be less mass-shootings ergo, less of the terrorism scare, that folks like Timothy McVeigh, Una-bomber, serial murders and rapist inflict on our psychic well being. Regulating guns is just one part of complex problem that requires many avenues of consideration. Ex help of mentally ill, and society where all are feel they are respected.
Let's say that I am a criminal, and I am about to shoot up a school. I know that most likely I won't be able to get out of the situation either alive or in prison. 
If I found out that guns were illegal, would that stop me from committing an illegal act? I would be going to jail or dying anyways, so I wouldn't stop because of another law. And what make it even better, is that no law-abiding citizens are going to stop me from committing the most about of damage because they don't have guns to defend themselves. Police response most likely won't be super-fast, and I can still cause a significant amount of damage. 

People who are addicted to illegal drugs know it's illegal, but they do it anyways. Why? Because they know that it doesn't matter if they get caught or not, because they want the high anyways. 

In the Tennessee school shooting, if there was an armed guard in front of that school, those kids would be alive right now. 
That is the solution we need. 
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
However, gun violence is not caused by legal gun ownership, but by criminals who use guns illegally.
I vaguely recall that the vast majority of gun violence is in gangs, so this is probably technically correct. From an optics viewpoint this technicality doesn't really work given that it seems to be that, for example in the case of mass shootings, most guns seem to be obtained legally.

The focus should be on addressing the root causes of crime, such as poverty and mental illness, rather than on limiting the rights of law-abiding citizens.
The focus should be on effective solutions to mitigate the issue. If this is poverty and mental illness, so be it. On the other-hand, there is nothing stopping this from being a multi-pronged approach such as gun control if it is identified to be an effective solution.

From my perspective, poverty and mental illness are difficult problems to tackle. Moreover they are universal problems that all countries have to deal with. However the sole reason why America's gun violence stands out among 1st world nations seems to be the general availability of firearms. Hence from my perspective, this is the aspect that needs to be tackled if the issue is to be mitigated effectively.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
If I found out that guns were illegal, would that stop me from committing an illegal act?
Read my lips/text again and comprehend this time.  .....If there were less guns, there would be less mass-shootings ergo, less of the terrorism scare, that folks like Timothy McVeigh, Una-bomber, serial murders and rapist inflict on our psychic well being......

I would be going to jail or dying anyways, so I wouldn't stop because of another law.

Less guns and more regulations all do more to lessen the crimminal scenarios you keep going on about. Read my lips/text and try to actually comprehend what you aparrently gloss over repeatedly.  

Noe that above is the starting place you need to go back to. All other considerations we can disscuss also.  It is a complex issue and more guns and more bombs in any nation is not the solution. Peace keepers only work until some crazies decide other wise.

A barking dog is just a barking dog until it bites.

A dog is under its masters control, until it isnt.

For humanity to get smart is first  implemented by the aggreement to do so. We see very little of such agreement to get smart on Earth or elsewhere

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
If this were true, then blacks couldn't own guns,
If what was true, the 3/5 Compromise? It really was in the Constitution genius, but it had nothing to do with blacks being able to keep and bear arms.