Being Christian is having a relationship with God, not simply believing in him.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Read-only
Total: 7
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
Some Christians are blinded by new teachings in the modern church, that strive to exploit God for financial gain. 

Some think:
If I believe in God, go to church, and ask him to forgive me every time I do something bad, then I will go to heaven. 

This is false.
The goal for Christians isn't to go to heaven. It is to grow a relationship with God.

The end goal is not safety for self, but relationship with the creator. 

Hell is separation from the creator, not a punishment.

You chose. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
For sure.

Religion is undoubtedly politics.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

Some Christians are blinded by new teachings in the modern church, that strive to exploit God for financial gain. 

That will be Pastors, Priests and any other holy roller that can speak with a loud commanding voice and loves to inform his congregation that he has spoken with god and received gods wisdom first hand.

Some think:
If I believe in God, go to church, and ask him to forgive me every time I do something bad, then I will go to heaven. 

You forgot to add ; And hand over their last mite. The widows Mite.  Luke 21:1-4

The goal for Christians isn't to go to heaven. It is to grow a relationship with God.
You certainly are behind in your bible studies, aren't you?  "The goal" is, everlasting life.  John 3:16

The end goal is not safety for self, but relationship with the creator. 
Stop it!  It is all about self preservation and securing your place in the here after in the presence of "the lord". Mathew 18:3.  John 14:2.

Hell is separation from the creator, not a punishment.

Jesus! The relationship that you want with god  is on a very poor foundation. 

"They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might" Matthew25: 46. " 2Thessalonians 1; 9

And I believe that I am correct in pointing out to you that you have posted your thread in the wrong sub forum. It should have been posted here>>>

Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
I usually seek instructions from God when I dont know what to do.

It doesnt always work, but it works often.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
You certainly are behind in your bible studies, aren't you?  "The goal" is, everlasting life.  John 3:16
No, the goal is a relationship with God.
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his own begotten son, that whoever shall believe in him, shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Stop it!  It is all about self preservation and securing your place in the here after in the presence of "the lord". Mathew 18:3.  John 14:2.
Nope. People think wrongly of heaven and hell.

Heaven is a paradise, but the way you describe it is in God's presence eternally. 
The gift of heaven won't be worldly things, but eternal peace and love. All of the things we do in heaven won't be like what we do on earth at all.
It will be infinite praise and worship. Infinite love and peace. 

Hell is not a punishment for sinners, rather it's a place for the ones who rejected God on their own accords, and hell is separation from God.
So, all of Gods wonders, will be gone. Everything that he has ever created good, will be gone. 

"They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might" Matthew25: 46. " 2Thessalonians 1; 9
Yes. 

Separation from the presence of the Lord = eternal destruction, because that is separate from Gods creation. 

And I believe that I am correct in pointing out to you that you have posted your thread in the wrong sub forum. It should have been posted here>>>

Thank you for letting me know. 
I was doing a bunch of political forums and must have just forgotten. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Barney
Moderators you can close this forum.
BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

YouFound_Lxam,

YOUR QUOTE OF WANTING THIS "THREAD," NOT THE FORUM BIBLE DUMB ASS, CLOSED BECAUSE YOU MADE A PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN FOOL OF YOURSELF: "Moderators you can close this forum."

Yes, you're finally understanding in what a blatant Bible ignorant pseudo-christian you are, because Stephen corrected your outright Bible stupidity in his post #3, that you have yet to recover from, as shown by you wanting your own thread closed! LOL!

I look back, and only if the #1 Bible ignorant and stupid fool only did the same thing that you are trying to do to save face, and that is closing a thread of yours, then said #1 Bible fool might not have had so much embarrassment in leaving their threads open for the membership to continue to show their total Bible stupidity!  

YOUR BIBLE STUPID QUOTE, AGAIN!:"Hell is separation from the creator, not a punishment."

Your pseudo-christian Hell that our serial killer Jesus as god created isn't punishment? NOT! As the passage states below, what part of Jesus' order to throw sinners into a BLAZING FURNACE, where there will be WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH, don't you understand as severe and brutal punishment? Huh? 

JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS STATE: “The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 13:41-42)

Conversely, the moderators should CLOSE YOU DOWN, for making a mockery of this esteemed Religion forum in you being so God Damned Bible stupid!