The U.S. will be the new version of the Hunger Games.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 15
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
In a world where if you say the wrong things politically, you disappear...............
In a world where prejudice from 75 years ago, from people who aren't alive anymore is still held..............
In a world, where children and parents are indoctrinated by lies from government....................
In a world, where everything is controlled by the government................
In a world, where children are exploited for entertainment................
In a world where people dress up as animals......................

This describes both the Hunger Games and the USA. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
A World teeming with human organisms,

In a World where expectation exceeds attainability,

In a World where innovation exceeds the innovator,

In a World where innovation dictates,

What will happen next.

Elliott
Debates: 0
Elliott
From the books and films I always saw the Hunger Games as a criticism of capitalism. The world is controlled by a wealthy elite who live an unrestricted hedonistic lifestyle and are supported by an oppressed workforce.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Elliott
 The world is controlled by a wealthy elite who live an unrestricted hedonistic lifestyle and are supported by an oppressed workforce.
No, it's quite the opposite in fact.

The workforce that you see has no opportunity to raise up in society whatsoever.

The actual government used in the films is a totalitarian dictatorship.
RationalMadman
Debates: 574
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
And how does  worker become the Elite in this world and why should they wish to?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@RationalMadman
And how does  worker become the Elite in this world and why should they wish to?
The workers/slaves to this system, don't want to become the elite. They want to leave the oppression, based on something that they didn't even do, but their ancestors did.

The U.S. is becoming more like the Hunger Games is what I am saying. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 574
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Hmmmm... don't see it. It was a bigger divide before. US was built on invasion and pillaging from before its day 1.

Elliott
Elliott
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
No, it's quite the opposite in fact.

The workforce that you see has no opportunity to raise up in society whatsoever.

The actual government used in the films is a totalitarian dictatorship.
When I said capitalist I meant a capitalist oligarchy, which is something I think we may be moving towards. And that is a system that would seek to stifle equal opportunity as those in power would have no wish to share that power for fear of weakening it.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Elliott
When I said capitalist I meant a capitalist oligarchy, which is something I think we may be moving towards. And that is a system that would seek to stifle equal opportunity as those in power would have no wish to share that power for fear of weakening it.
Well capitalist oligarchy is very different from the capitalist society that we have here in America.

Even if it was similar, it doesn't reflect the Hunger Games, because like I said, the government system in the Hunger Games is a totalitarian dictatorship. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@RationalMadman
Hmmmm... don't see it. It was a bigger divide before. US was built on invasion and pillaging from before its day 1.
Black people blaming White people for their ancestors faults.
Same concept.

Elliott
Elliott
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Well capitalist oligarchy is very different from the capitalist society that we have here in America.

Even if it was similar, it doesn't reflect the Hunger Games, because like I said, the government system in the Hunger Games is a totalitarian dictatorship. 
Within a totalitarian society all members would usually be oppressed including those within the Capital but they seem free to live their lives as they please. The fact that Snow is called “President” suggests someone who is elected, but as I don’t think there is any mention of elections in the books and it is unknown if he was elected to the position democratically, so I will concede that you may be right.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Elliott
Within a totalitarian society all members would usually be oppressed including those within the Capital but they seem free to live their lives as they please. 
Well, no...........
The people in the capital can't say certain things or else they will disappear.
The people in the capital have everything about their lives controlled by the government.

The whole point of the capital was too make it look like everyone is free, but in reality, the government is controlling what you eat, where you live, what you watch (the media), and no true source of accurate information. 

Same with the other districts, but the difference between them, is the poverty. 

The fact that Snow is called “President” suggests someone who is elected, but as I don’t think there is any mention of elections in the books and it is unknown if he was elected to the position democratically, so I will concede that you may be right.
There actually isn't any mention of any election. 
And he has been president since the 20th hunger games since he was 23, so its safe to call it a dictatorship. 
Elliott
Elliott
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
When I said “I will concede that you may be right” that was actually a position of agreement.
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
This is a cool shower thought
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Elliott
When I said “I will concede that you may be right” that was actually a position of agreement
I know, I was just trying to finish up my point.