There is no such thing as TRUE freedom if Government is in place.

Author: Statichead

Total: 11
Statichead
Debates: 4
Statichead
It's exactly as it sounds. I know I tagged #anarchy, but I'm not actually an anarchist. I believe that as long as there is a government system controlling you or people near you, there is no such thing as "freedom." obviously, every human has freedom to do whatever they want, its about punishment. As I'm righting this, I realize that I am sort of wrong with my own opinion, but nonetheless, thoughts?
Lemming
Debates: 7
Lemming
-->
@Statichead
What 'is True Freedom?

Seems to me there's 'always some force acting on us,
Actions we're capable of, or not.

People form a society, I imagine,
Partially because they like being free from the fear of wild animals, given that in a group, defense rating shoots up.
Statichead
Statichead
-->
@Lemming
I believe that a MadMax-esque scenario would represent true equality and freedom.
Lemming
Debates: 7
Lemming
-->
@Statichead
"Who run barter town?"
- Master Blaster
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
It's exactly as it sounds. I know I tagged #anarchy, but I'm not actually an anarchist. I believe that as long as there is a government system controlling you or people near you, there is no such thing as "freedom." obviously, every human has freedom to do whatever they want, its about punishment. As I'm righting this, I realize that I am sort of wrong with my own opinion, but nonetheless, thoughts?
  • I agree you are wrong with your own opinion
  • Human rights are meaningless without some power to protect them and historically, that power only endures within some kind of democratic system.
    • The notion of a government free society isn't just unprecedented, it really is unnatural.  Pretty much all primates have male dominated heirarchies and humans are primates.  We can either support a democractic system designed to place checks and balances on strongest male domination or we can revert to our natural state.  I don't think "no government" is a viable option for human society and wherever government falls apart- warzones, mostly, human societies revert to murder, rape, and slavery with remarkable speed.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Statichead
I believe that a MadMax-esque scenario would represent true equality and freedom.

• Mad Max's entire life is devoted to finding gas, finding food, running away from savages who will enslave him, kill him, rape him, or eat him.  I suppose he is equal to all other animals in that sense but is that really freedom?  What is desirable about a life lived in perpetual fear?

Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
The world is all about power.

Your freedom is guaranteed if you have the power to defend yourself and destroy anyone who attacks you.

In that case, you can do whatever you want.

But if you are weak, then you only have the freedom in an amount given to you by those who have power and authority.

They may take away your freedom. They may give you some freedom. It depends on their will, not yours.
Statichead
Statichead
-->
@Best.Korea
thats exactly what I mean
Statichead
Statichead
-->
@oromagi
yes
Best.Korea
Debates: 324
Best.Korea
There is no system that guarantees human rights.

Democracy doesnt guarantee human rights.

Democracy is nothing more than majority rule.

Majority of the people are psychopaths who would bend rules to get what they want.

Many countries on Earth are democratic in some way.

No country in the world has all human rights secured.

It doesnt matter much if country is democratic or dictatorship.

Human rights are impossible to secure.

It would be great if someone invented a system that guarantees human rights.

However, that is impossible.

This is thanks to the nature of power.

This includes, but not limited to: manipulations, lies, threats, incomplete truth, and of course the power to destroy.

Country has to have strong military to be able to defend itself.

But the strongest military is the one with nuclear weapons.

But nuclear weapons or any bombs really cant be used without violating human rights.

Also, countries that invest more in military will quickly outmatch countries who dont do the same.

This creates an unsolvable problem in which the only way to survive is to be ready to violate human rights by creating as much weapons of mass destruction as possible and being ready to use them.

And the possibility of mass destruction is just one of many unsolvable problems.

Even if all governments agree to respect human rights, there will still be some people among population who are ready to violate human rights by committing crimes against other people.

Personally, I have no idea how to secure human rights. 

It seems impossible.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
@Statichead
It's what happens when you have 8 billion blobs of sentient organic goo kicking about the place.

All driven by innate necessity in relation to their sentient abilities.

Or perhaps, driven by their sentient abilities in relation to innate necessity.

I'm not sure which it is these days.

Anyway, is it all crazy and pointless or what?

Some will say that there is a massive point, and therefore circumcision is of vital importance.

And some will say that there is no point, and therefore why should we care.

People say all sorts. Which is no more than we can expect from the gooey sentience thing I suppose.

And I also suppose that some will say that there is a massive point, and therefore we should care. Well about the bits that we decide are worthy of care. Like foreskins for example.