Election Logic

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 14
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
DT: We should use the military to stop political violence.

KH: Trump wants to use the military on me (political opposition.)

Logical conclusion: Kamala admits to planning to engage in political violence?
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
Well when Trump could have invoked the insurrection act, he choose not to.

I do disagree with the claim that just because Trump did 4 years we should know exactly what to expect. People do learn lessons and there is hardly a motivation to avoid using the military when they accuse you of doing it regardless.

I think his base, the real core of it including me, would not have objected if he used the military to secure the election process. There is a fundamental contradiction in the constitution between the body and the amendments. The amendments create a right to vote federally, but the body says that state legislatures have authority over how electors are selected.

The amendments imply that federal authority AND duty to secure every federal election. The electors clause implies that state legislatures can do whatever they want. There is no reconciliation, and you can be damn sure that if a swing state just happened to be in the possession of a radical but slight right-tribe majority and sent in electors without even holding a popular election the left-tribe federal infrastructure would certainly use the military to run an election or "force" the running of an election (as if there is a difference).

Now for some reason some people think there is a meaningful difference between a state simply failing to hold a legitimate election either through legislative process, judicial whim, or bureaucratic whim (state secretaries) and a state failing to hold any purported election what so ever.

Of course there isn't, and if there was a difference in practice any state wishing to act in an undemocratic manner would simply pretend to have an election. That is precisely what "election deniers" think occurred in several swing states so it's only natural for them (us) to believe federal military intervention was justified AND that the constitution needs to be repaired to remove the contradiction to make clear that federal elections have a nation-wide definition which supersedes state legislatures much less petty judges and unelected tyrants.

There is what ought to be and what is, I think anyone who really believes in democracy in any sense (and I barely do) would consider the implementation of biometric blockchain elections to be an overriding issue. I dismiss and scoff at anyone who appeals to 'democracy' without agreeing. They have failed king Solomon's test.

Rather more relevant to the reader than my logical if personal beliefs is the fact that election denial is not dead, far from it, and that Trump was given zero credit for any lack of heavy handedness. Indeed they've tried to railroad him, bankrupt him, and kill him as if he was someone who declared martial law at the first molotov cocktail.

It is not implausible that he has changed his outlook and will bring a new hard edge to his second term.
RemyBrown
RemyBrown
-->
@Greyparrot
It implies that Trump is worried that the military is going after him and Harris is worried that the military being used on her if Trump wins.

Just split the US up after Nov 8; Harrica can join Canada; Trumplica can have Trump be their King in an absolute monarchy fashion.  Let the political minorities in each state go to their preferred half of the country.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RemyBrown
But Trump can't use the military until January....
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
DT: We should use the military to stop political violence.

KH: Trump wants to use the military on me (political opposition.)

Logical conclusion: Kamala admits to planning to engage in political violence?
You're such a liar.

Trump didn't say we should use the military *in response to* political violence. He said we should use them against "radical left lunitics", something he calls every democrat and news outlet that disagrees with him. And he gave Adam Schiff as an example, someone who's never engaged in political violence.

So yes, Harris's interpretation in the only reasonable one.

The sanewashing on the right continues, one wonders why you would support someone when you can't defend their words without lying about them.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
if there was a difference in practice any state wishing to act in an undemocratic manner would simply pretend to have an election. That is precisely what "election deniers" think occurred
Lots of people think the earth is flat. The difference is that those people aren't basing real world decisions that affect other people on them.

You have no evidence that the election was stolen yet you pursue this narrative anyway and use it to justify your views which you then vote in accordance with. You're just wrong.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Double_R
You have no evidence that the election was stolen
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Trump didn't say we should use the military *in response to* political violence

What was the question he responded to? Oh that's right. The last refuge of a cultist is to call people liars before actually steel-manning the points.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I suppose Kamala regards herself as Trump puts it "A Radical Left Wing Lunatic"
FLRW
FLRW

Remember that one of Trump's professors said that Trump was the dumbest student he ever had.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Remember that one of Trump's professor's students said that he was the dumbest professor he ever had.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
What was the question he responded to? Oh that's right. The last refuge of a cultist is to call people liars before actually steel-manning the points.
He wasn't responding to the question genius, he's incapable of that. The question was about Joe Biden's insinuation that Trump would cause political violence on election day, and Trump's tirade over using the military against radical left lunatics was preceded by him riffing about how people coming in from outside the question were ruining the country.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Nice strawman, as usual. That's also a made up fantasy question. The second to last refuge of a cultist is ad-homs. America is so done with the Destiny take on the world.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
This link only demonstrates my point.