Indian Politicians Mafia Endgame

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 29
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
MAFIA WINS

I am really disappointed in Town. I understand how Banana could be misguided, but Earth, Owen, and Casey are pretty experienced players at this stage. I designed this game with the intention of showing that role confirmation =/= affiliation confirmation, yet there are certain roles which are heavily likely to be town. Kingmaker is one such role because giving it to scum would basically give them a free lynch, which makes no sense unless Town has some type of counter to it. Lunatic was literally taunting town by pointing out that he shouldn’t even be confirmed, but yall did it anyways.

I am really disappointed in JoeBob. Pro Tip: keep your mouth shut instead of asking stupid questions like why do reads matter. You know better than that. You burned Town’s main investigative role with that stunt and severely harmed Town’s chances in that process. Really disappointing.

Town should have won this game if it focused on the things that mattered and weren’t lazy. Moozer should have been lynched as soon as he claimed for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, as Whiteflame pointed out, he lied about being in the Lok Sabha vs Rajya Sabha. At this point, you guys should know, I’m detailed enough to not make that mistake, especially in a game I created. Second, a simple Google search shows that Mansukhbhai Mansaviya is in the Lok Sabha as of June 2024. So either Moozer is a moron or you think I’m a moron. For this you had to think Moozer is a moron. Now the second point. Moozer’s justification was that he was the Minister of Health. Again, a simple Google search show’s that he used to be the Minister of Health.

A) Why would I make someone a Doctor based on his past role. 

B) The current Minister of Health is JP Nadda, who is literally a top level BJP politician and far more known than Mandaviya.

Extremely disappointed that no one in town put in the effort to analyze theme and justification. Especially justification.

No one asked why Lunatic was the Messenger. There was literally no connection to Messenger, and he lied about being in the People’s Party (again, simple Google search). Lunatic is no idiot, and I’m not an idiot either. Shameful that there was no analysis about this.

Banana was so obviously noob town. Owen had a confirmable role with the Enchantress. What other role can give a crystal ball to people. I will wait for that answer. Casey has a confirmable role that doesn’t make sense for scum. I also didn’t see any analysis into what Whiteflame could be. Zero analysis into whether scum could’ve waived the NK. Also how the hell is Moozer given a free pass for stating that he waived NP2, which is coincidentally when Whiteflame died. Town should be ashamed of themselves. This was easily winnable on just PM Analysis itself. Mafia used their roles and town’s idiocy to it’s advantage.

The theme split was famous politicians from Maharashtra vs everyone else. I thought the balance was really fair because Mafia were underpowered and Town was somewhat underpowered as well, though they had a lot of confirmable roles. Anyways, I hope each and everyone of you has learned a thing or two from this game, though I doubt the people who need to read this will. On to the next one.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
TOWN:

Owen - Mamata Banerjee - As the Chief Minister of West Bengal, you are one of the most controversial politicians in India. You constantly fight with the central government because you are in opposition to them. Your goons in the TMC help you consolidate your power, which is why the BJP suffered defeat in the 2024 Lok Sabha elections. I don’t even know how people like you and call you “Didi” aka “Sister” cause you’re literally a horrible person. You must’ve done some voodoo magic or something to make all these people like you. Or they’re just afraid of your goons. Therefore, you are the Enchantress. At the beginning of the game, you start with a crystal ball. On the first night, you may visit a player and choose to pass the ball to a player of your choice. The following night, that player may choose to pass the ball onto a person of their choice. If the person with the crystal ball ever dies, the identify of the person who passed the ball to the deceased player will be revealed. You win with the Town.

Casey - Narendra Modi - You are a former tea maker who became the Prime Minister of India. It goes to show that with hard work and effort, you can truly do anything in the world. As the leader of the BJP, you won in 2014, 2019, and most recently in 2024 becoming only the second person in Indian history to win 3 consecutive as party leader and become Prime Minister (the first was Jawaharlal Nehru — first Prime Minister of India). This will probably we your last election as the party leader in the Lok Sabha, meaning someone else will be the face of the party. However, you will be the kingmaker and truly decide who will take the reins of government from yourself. Thus, you are the 1x Kingmaker. One night, you may give me the name of a person you will visit. The following day, that person will solely decide who is to be lynched (all other votes will be negated). You win with the Town.

Vader/JoeBob - Amit Shah - You are widely recognized for your exceptional skills in election strategy and management. As a prominent leader and current Union Home Minister, your expertise has significantly shaped the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) successes across India, including in Gujarat. Your deep understanding of political dynamics and voter behavior has established you as a key figure in Indian politics. In Gujarat, your influence is especially notable. You have a comprehensive grasp of the state's political landscape and are well-informed about the activities and strategies of various political players. Your ability to anticipate and counter opposition moves, combined with your skill in mobilizing support, has been crucial to the BJP's strong performance in the state. Your strategic acumen and detailed knowledge of ground realities underscore your reputation as a master of election tactics and state-level political maneuvering. Thus, you are the Motion Detector. Each night, you may target a player. You will learn if any actions were performed by that player or on that player. You win with the Town.

Earth - Bhupendrabhai Patel - Your identity as a Patidar significantly influenced your rise to the position of Chief Minister of Gujarat. The Patel community, known for its economic and political influence in the state, provided you with a strong support base. Your deep connections within this community were instrumental, especially given the prominence of the Patidars in Gujarat's socio-economic landscape. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) strategically leveraged your Patidar background to address the community's concerns, particularly in the wake of the Patidar agitation for reservations and benefits. Your understanding of local issues and the aspirations of your community helped you navigate the political dynamics effectively, aligning with the BJP’s goals of maintaining stability and promoting development in the state. With your position, you watched over your own community and led the BJP to its largest victory ever in the Gujarat Vidhan Sabha. Therefore, you are Self Watcher. Each night, you may opt to watch yourself. You will learn who visited you. You win with the Town.

Austin - Yogi Adityanath - You are the current Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, one of the poorest states in all of India. As the leader of the Hindu Religious Right, you have a lot of sway in the BJP. As the face of Hinduism in India, you dislike Muslims heavily, even though they form a substantial part of the population in Uttar Pradesh, so much so that you’re accused of causing riots and communal violence. “If one Hindu girl marries a Muslim man, then we will take 100 Muslim girls in return ... If they kill one Hindu man, then we will kill 100 Muslim men.” You have been instrumental in reducing the crime in your state as well. Turns out you are the head priest of a Hindu monastery in Gorakhpur, which you represent in the Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha. As a result, you are the Ascetic. You win with the Town.

Banana - Shivraj Singh Chouhan - You are the current Member of Parliament from Vidhisha. As one of the most successful politicians, you were originally the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh. In the 2024 Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha election, you and the BJP were in a close race, but your popularity helped the BJP secure a majority and form the government. Specifically, your “Ladli Behena” scheme, which gave free money to women, was credited with your victory in the state. In the 2024 Lok Sabha election, you helped secure all 29/29 seats for the BJP in a clear sweep. As a smart and politically savvy politician with a large grass roots connection, you are one of the brightest spots in the party, so much so that the people lovingly call you “Mama” meaning “Uncle.” Because of your popularity, you are the Popular Townie. You require one more vote than the threshold to be lynched. This effect goes away at MYLO/LYLO. You win with the Town.

Whiteflame - Arvind Kejriwal - You, Arvind Kejriwal, have sought to enhance your martyr image through high-profile incidents such as your time in jail. In particular, your arrest in 2015 over allegations related to a protest against the Delhi Police, and the legal issues surrounding your tenure, have been pivotal. These events were framed as part of your broader struggle against systemic corruption and inefficiency. Your imprisonment, combined with the narrative of fighting against powerful adversaries, was used strategically to build a perception of personal sacrifice for the greater good. This portrayal aims to rally public support and emphasize your commitment to transparency and reform, despite the challenges and legal battles you face. In the 2024 Lok Sabha elections, you once again went to jail and tried to create the image of a martyr; however, you failed miserably because your party did very poorly across the nation (not to mention you’re still in jail for good reason). Still, some people believe that you never did and never will do anything wrong even though there is a lot of evidence. Because of all this, you are the Martyr. If you ever die in the night, all lethal actions in the subsequent night will be negated. You win with the Town.

MAFIA:

Moozer - Eknath Shinde - You are the current Chief Minister of Maharashtra. After the Shiv Sena broke off their alliance with the BJP and joined with Congress and NCP to form the Maha Vikas Aghadi, you were very unhappy. The very people you were in an alliance with stood against everything you stood for all because the leader of the Shiv Sena wanted to be the Chief Minister. You led the revolt within the Shiv Sena and brought a majority of the MLAs with you to form the Maha Yuti with the BJP and a rebel faction of the NCP. You became Chief Minister and former Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis became the new Deputy Chief Minister. It takes massive skills to convince a majority of your party to defect against the leader. Thus, you are the Mafia JOAT - 1x Ninja, 1x Rolecop, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Redirector, 1x Janitor. You win with the Mafia.

Lunatic - Uddhav Thackeray - You are the son of the late Balasaheb Thackeray, who formed the Shiv Sena. What’s funny is that you lost your own party because of your selfishness. The moral of the story is that you should listen to your colleagues and not just yourself. Using the messaging of your popular father isn’t going to cut it. The next election is in December, so we shall she what happens, but the same message of selfishness will not go. You already lost your original colleagues, maybe you will lose your current ones. Selfishness breeds selfishness. Because you send false messages figurative to your allies and just rely on your dad for voters, you are Mafia Messenger. Each night, you may send a message of your choice to anyone via me ie send me the message and who you want to send it to. You win with the Mafia.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
NP1 Actions:

Moozer - Janitor Austin
Lunatic - Message Whiteflame: And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which as they kiss consume.

Owen - Pass ball to Banana
Casey - Crown Banana
Vader/Joe - Detect Moozer
Earth - Watch Self

NP2 Actions:

Moozer - Janitor Whiteflame
Lunatic - Message Earth: Hi its me lunatic

Banana - Pass Ball to Casey
Earth - Watch Self

NP3 Actions:

Moozer - Rolecop Owen
Lunatic - Message Casey: hey it’s me your friendly neighborhood lunatic

Casey - Pass Ball to Lunatic

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Town got rolled and smoked wow
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Okay, reading through all that, you make some good points. Tbh I did actually find the explanation behind Moozer's mistake to be believable, but point taken on not questioning Luna about why he was a messenger. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
Whiteflame was the Martyr! That explains so much 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Casey_Risk
Okay, reading through all that, you make some good points. Tbh I did actually find the explanation behind Moozer's mistake to be believable, but point taken on not questioning Luna about why he was a messenger. 
Even if you thought Moozer was an idiot. Why would I use the former Health Minister as justification, when I could use the current one lol.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
@Vader
@JoeBob
@Moozer325
@iamanabanana
Endgame
Lunatic
Lunatic
GGs! The only thing I would kind of go easy on town for was the lack of theme research, as mafia I struggled with that too. For example your criticism of my claim all came from google research. If any of that is wrong I blame the internet and not being savvy enough with Indian politics to know the nuances and I’m guessing alot of that was the same for town. It’s a very niche theme and one that isn’t the most exciting imo to do research on.

That said I am very surprised moozer stayed alive as long as he did. Between whiteflame and banana I thought he was done for dp1. Banana had a strong start but seemed to stop trusting her reads halfway through the game and focus more on what other people thought of her. Whiteflame did really well as usual. Casey has a strong start but seemed to stop trusting himself as well later on. I don’t think town did the worst they definitely kept us on our toes, but yeah the role confirmation of myself was very interesting. I expected a lot of the logic I was using about role confirmation to be used against me but Owen dropped it pretty quick and everyone else kind of bought into it.

I’m glad we killed of Austin and Whiteflame when we did I have a feeling they would have started pushing me around dp3.

Good game all. Good job to moozer for keeping calm and surviving to the end when he was the top scum read for most of the game despite an early scum slip dp1. I had to buddy a little more than I normally like to this game. Banana called me out for that dp1 had me a bit nervous.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@whiteflame
@Casey_Risk
@Owen_T
Endgame is up!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
For example your criticism of my claim all came from google research. If any of that is wrong I blame the internet and not being savvy enough with Indian politics to know the nuances and I’m guessing alot of that was the same for town. It’s a very niche theme and one that isn’t the most exciting imo to do research on.
I think if I’m giving you 2 fake role claims and character claims, the internet isn’t a valid excuse. It’s your job as scum to make sure your PM justification is without flaws if I’m giving most of it to you.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
I’m glad we killed of Austin and Whiteflame when we did I have a feeling they would have started pushing me around dp3.
You’re right, I was behaviorally sussing you a bit in DP1, and those suspicions grew as the PoE group decreased. Also, not that it matters, but I would have sussed the fuck out of Moozer for choosing to Doc me NP1, refusing to do anything NP2, and then Docing you NP3. That claim would have made me sus the two of you immediately by itself.
JoeBob
JoeBob
Sorry yall
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
Alright, first time scum and I win. Feels a bit hollow, and I did not deserve it, but it was fun and I think I got a little better at playing scum. I still can’t believe that you guys semi-bought my excuse about how I make lots of mistakes. I should have been lynched for that.

Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@JoeBob
FWIW you weren't my top suspect, but you didn't do yourself any favors either. 
Owen_T
Debates: 28
Owen_T
That ended so quickly. Why didn't I even get tagged? 
Owen_T
Owen_T
I mean I guess that was Mafia's intent. 

I was totally right about Moozer though. 
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@AustinL0926
I'm going to let Austin host his game first if he wants. I need to rework my setup. 
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Unfortunate. I nailed Moozer D1 and would have pushed him, not sure if I was getting to Luna. I would have sussed the hell out of Joebob for his claim lol. Wp scum

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Also don't ever VTNL. I can explain more if people really want me to but I hope y'all realized that town could have really used that narrow poe.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Casey_Risk
I'm going to let Austin host his game first if he wants. I need to rework my setup. 
Putting up signups soon, thanks!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Post sign ups, put me in, and send me PM
Owen_T
Owen_T
-->
@AustinL0926
Can you give me a ping once they're up? 
iamanabanana
Debates: 1
iamanabanana
I am sorry guys I know I did really badly. I should have lynched moozer!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@iamanabanana
I am sorry guys I know I did really badly. I should have lynched moozer!
You did fine for your first game. Just try to be a little more active and be assertive with your reads of people.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
ggg
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@ILikePie5
You did fine for your first game. Just try to be a little more active and be assertive with your reads of people.
I will try that next game thanks!
iamanabanana
iamanabanana
-->
@ILikePie5
I will try that next game thanks!
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@ILikePie5
@iamanabanana
Seconding Pie here. No one gets mad at noob mistakes.