Hezbollah Pagers Exploding

Author: ebuc

Total: 9
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
..."Firass Abiad said more than 200 people are in critical condition after the communication devices exploded on Tuesday, and more than 150 hospitals are treating the victims, with injuries mostly reported to the face, hands and stomach."...

..." The pagers that exploded had been newly acquired by Hezbollah after the group’s leader ordered members to stop using cell phones, warning they could be tracked by Israeli intelligence. A Hezbollah official told The Associated Press the pagers were a new brand the group had not used before. "...
Best.Korea
Debates: 351
Best.Korea
Obvious sabotage.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
I hate it when that happens.

They didn't order the pagers from an Israeli company, did they?
FLRW
FLRW

2,750  people were wounded.
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
-->
@Sidewalker
They didn't order the pagers from an Israeli company, did they?
Clearly it was an Israeli cyber attack and a good one at that. Many terrorists dead and injured with very little civilians effected. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Sidewalker
..."While less common than they once were, pagers are still used across the world in healthcare, mining, emergency services and many professions where people work in areas with no phone reception.

In Australia, they are still used in several sectors, Robert Nicholls, a researcher with the University of Sydney, said. 

“There are Australians working in hospitals, mines, and chemical plants that would still wear a pager at work,” he said. 

“I say chemical plants, because pagers can be safe to use in environments where a spark or radio emission would be dangerous.”..

..." In 1950 a pager-like device was created by Al Gross, the inventor who patented the walkie-talkie and cordless phone, for use by doctors at the Jewish Hospital in New York. 

How did the use of pagers evolve?

In 1959, Motorola coined the term pager and introduced the first transistorised pager to the market the following year. "...

cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
My hat (if I wore one) is off to the Mossad. You guys are good…
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
-->
@cristo71
They are good. It's probably not Mossad but either way they are very good at cyber warfare. My only problem is Google and other large companies hiring these people as it is a conflict of interest. If you helped Israel create zero days that can exploit windows then how do you work at wi dows and remain loyal to windows by reporting that zero day while also being loyal to your country. Something has to give. Nobody that works for any intelligence agency in cyber warfare should be welcome to work in too large a capacity for any tech company
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@WyIted
They are good. It's probably not Mossad but either way they are very good at cyber warfare. My only problem is Google and other large companies hiring these people as it is a conflict of interest. If you helped Israel create zero days that can exploit windows then how do you work at wi dows and remain loyal to windows by reporting that zero day while also being loyal to your country. Something has to give. Nobody that works for any intelligence agency in cyber warfare should be welcome to work in too large a capacity for any tech company
It wasn't a cyber-attack, it was good old fashioned bombs, and putting a bomb in pagers and walkie talkies, that's got Mossad written all over it.