The problem for Kamala Harris

Author: Double_R

Total: 12
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
Overwhelmingly, Americans think Donald Trump is an obnoxious vile petulant ignoramus who is the opposite of everything they teach their kids to be. But they put all that to the side because Trump was president before, and their lives were better at that time.

Those of us who are educated know why. We know Trump inherited an economy that had been growing for 7 straight years, we know Trump didn't actually do anything to make the economy of the late 2010's as good as it was, we know that Biden/Harris inherited a huge mess to clean up, and we know that the the biggest issue (inflation) was a global phenomenon that had little to anything to do with Biden's policies.

If it weren't for this massive correlation/causation fallacy Harris would win this election in a landslide. So what do you all think, has her campaign focused hard enough on this issue? Did she miss a clear opportunity to talk about this at the debate?
Best.Korea
Debates: 347
Best.Korea
correlation/causation fallacy
Remember that Covid happened under Trump.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
By that logic, Trump will inherit a booming economy again, and do the same as 2016. Nothing to worry about.

has her campaign focused hard enough on this issue? Did she miss a clear opportunity to talk about this at the debate?
I think it's more of the fault of moderators not pressing her to say the things that would secure her victory. When they asked her "what are you going to do to lower prices" they should have interrupted her into the 8th minute of her rehearsed speech about "not being a billionaire" and talk about something the voters could understand as a real plan. You can toss the softball, but even if she doesn't hit it, you should give her more chances if you really want Kamala to win.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Double_R
Donald Trump and his movement did not create all these American authoritarians and aspiring fascists. Such people have long been a feature of American society. What Trump and the Republican-fascists and their movement have accomplished in recent years is to empower and normalize a dangerous set of antisocial, anti-human, retrograde and anti-democratic values and beliefs.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
To empower and normalize a dangerous set of antisocial, anti-human, retrograde and anti-democratic values and beliefs.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Best.Korea
Remember that Covid happened under Trump.
In a way, that's really what all this is about. Trump supporters love to pretend Trump's term ended on January 1st 2020. They say Trump can't be held responsible for the impacts of COVID cause that wasn't his fault. But apparently COVID's impact was alive and well through January 19th 2021, and then stopped at noon on January 20th.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
By that logic, Trump will inherit a booming economy again, and do the same as 2016. Nothing to worry about.
You mean he'll do nothing but ride the wave created for him by the previous administration and then dramatically mismanage a global crisis leading to terms of thousands of unnecessary deaths? I would say that's something to be concerned about.

I think it's more of the fault of moderators not pressing her to say the things that would secure her victory.
Ah, so the moderators weren't helping. That's good, might want to tell Trump and his surrogates.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@Double_R
Overwhelmingly, Americans think Donald Trump is an obnoxious vile petulant ignoramus who is the opposite of everything they teach their kids to be. But they put all that to the side because Trump was president before, and their lives were better at that time.

Those of us who are educated know why. We know Trump inherited an economy that had been growing for 7 straight years, we know Trump didn't actually do anything to make the economy of the late 2010's as good as it was, we know that Biden/Harris inherited a huge mess to clean up, and we know that the the biggest issue (inflation) was a global phenomenon that had little to anything to do with Biden's policies.

If it weren't for this massive correlation/causation fallacy Harris would win this election in a landslide. So what do you all think, has her campaign focused hard enough on this issue? Did she miss a clear opportunity to talk about this at the debate?
Absolutely she did, and she continues to miss the opportunity to hit that one out of the park.  I live in a swing state, it's all political ads, all the time, and I'm frustrated that there is not a Harris ad that points that out.  Trump presided over the greatest economic collapse since the great depression, economically, Trump's presidency was a disaster, she absolutely needs to step all over his nonsense claims that he did well with the economy.

I think the other miss is his stopping the strongest bipartisan Immagration bill ever, he never shuts up about immigration, Immigration was his answer to every question except why he stopped that bill, asked twice, and he simply talked about something else.  The moderators should have made him answer, and Harris should have walked all over him with it. They are letting Trump play those as his strengths without any direct response, the Democrats need to make both issues into strengths, screw being on the defensive on those two, they can put Trump on the defensive about both those things.

I'm getting frustrated that I haven't seen those two commercials yet. in an ocean of commercials, those two responses are conspicuously absent. 
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
"Americans think...", that is too much people.

I think Harris doesn't expand on her economic proposal because she either has absoluletly nothnig to offer or simply has zero knowledge about it.

If she focuses on this issue she's done.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@IlDiavolo
She got burned hard on her "price fixing" plan a few weeks back. She is quiet for a reason.
Sidewalker
Debates: 8
Sidewalker
-->
@FLRW
Donald Trump and his movement did not create all these American authoritarians and aspiring fascists. Such people have long been a feature of American society. What Trump and the Republican-fascists and their movement have accomplished in recent years is to empower and normalize a dangerous set of antisocial, anti-human, retrograde and anti-democratic values and beliefs.
Let me get this straight, are you saying that when a man comes along and says, "don't believe what you see and hear, believe what I tell you", and then says "Putin is your friend, and Americans are your enemy", that the people who want to eat that turd sandwich are not geniuses?

Really?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Sidewalker
"don't believe what you see and hear, believe what I tell you"
You shouldn't believe Biden when he said he wasn't fit to run for president. Or did he say he was?