What are you living for and what is the evidence that what you're living for is true?

Author: CatholicApologetics

Total: 11
CatholicApologetics
Debates: 3
CatholicApologetics
What are you living for and what is the evidence that what you're living for is true?
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@CatholicApologetics
Life is an end in itself, life vs death is the context which creates the concept of good and evil. To live is good. To cease living is evil.

Do not put the cart before the horse. As there can be no such thing as "before time" there can be no such thing as "good more fundamental than life".

If a man searches for something deeper he will find nothing and be tempted to manufacture. If he can say that it is better for a pebble in the sky to have moss clinging to it than for there to be no moss he can find value in his life. If he cannot, then nothing will 'cure' him, not even imagination.
Best.Korea
Debates: 332
Best.Korea
-->
@CatholicApologetics
I am living for to do whatever I want. What I want is true because my wants exist.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
there can be no such thing as "good more fundamental than life".
Plenty of things are more important than life. Living by causing pain to others is worse than death.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
Living by causing pain to others is worse than death.
Is the pain of others something that can exist if other's had no life?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
No, but thanks for making another argument against life. Life means pain, dying and disappointment. More for some.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
No, but thanks for making another argument against life. Life means pain, dying and disappointment. More for some.
That is not an argument against life, those things are only negative because they are part of a motivator system designed to keep you alive and kicking.

If health was not good then pain wouldn't be needed. If achieving values was not good, then disappointment would not be needed.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
That is not an argument against life, those things are only negative because they are part of a motivator system designed to keep you alive and kicking.
Pain does not stop being bad if there is a reason why pain exists. Burning in fire is bad.

If health was not good then pain wouldn't be needed. If achieving values was not good, then disappointment would not be needed
Pain being needed for health or achieving values still doesnt change that pain is bad and most undesirable.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
It's not necessary to have something we should live for. If it's so it's worse, it's painful.

Like the believers that struggle to attain heaven or avoid hell as if those places existed. That's bullshit.

The best way to live this fkn life is by going with the flow and trust that everything is going to be ok.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@CatholicApologetics
Doing something beautiful for God/Universe and that is my take on Mother Teresa's comments, that, some years back I personally put a spin onĀ  it by believing, that, by my organizing or reorganizing what appeared to me to be a somewhat disorganized { chaotic } mess, I was...' dong something beautiful for God/Universe '.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@CatholicApologetics
Yep, such is the question.

I'm living because, parents blah blah blah.

And I continue to live because the alternative as yet, isn't applicable.

There either is or isn't a reason for any of this.

Though, one can speculate variously, simply or imaginatively.