Middle School Mafia DP4

Author: Moozer325

Read-only
Total: 16
Moozer325
Debates: 19
Moozer325
Lynched DP1: Casey_Risk - You are the Nerd! This middle school stereotype is famous for being very smart, and also sometimes very annoying. You constantly but in on other people's conversations to correct them with your famous catchphrase, "Well Actually...". Many people dislike you because of this, and so you are the Miller. You win with the town.

Killed NP1: 

Joebob - You are stress! One of the ultimate challenges of middle school, whether it's lots of assignments or challenges finding friends, stress can be one of the total levelers of middle schoolers. You can make them so stressed that they can't do anything right. Thus, you are a randomizer. Each NP you choose someone and their action will be redirected to somebody random. You win with the Mafia.

Barney - You are the Snitch! This middle school stereotype is famous for telling the teacher when anyone breaks the rules, even when it is none of their business. You are also one of the most nosy kids in the whole school, so you are a new role I created called "The Snitch", (shocking, I know). You are a 1x affiliation cop, but your results, and the role/character/and night actions of your target will also be shared with the Mafia. You win with the town.

Lynched DP2:

Owen_T - You are the Popular kid! You hold much sway over all the other kids in your school. If anyone wants to be cool, they have to copy you or be your friend, so you have lots of power. Thus, you are the Vote Thief. During the DP, you can influence somebody else with your popularity and get them to change their vote to whoever you are voting for. This action can be used as many times as you want during the DP, or doesn't have to be used at all, but can only be used on one person at a time. You win with the Town.

Killed NP2:

Ilikepie5 - You are the Class President. I'll be honest, there isn't much of a stereotype for this kind of middle schooler, I was just running out of Ideas. I thought about making you a king but thought that might be a bit too much, so you are the Governor. Once per game, at the end of a DP, or anytime throughout it, you may PM me and use your ability. If you do so, the Lynch and the end of the DP will be changed to a No-Lynch. You win with the Town.

Killed NP3:

WyIted - You are the Quiet Kid! Normally, you just sit in the back of the class and say nothing to nobody. Recently there have been a lot of memes on the internet that make the joke that this kid is a school shooter in disguise, so you are a 1x Vigilante. You win with the Town.

Remaining players:

1. Austin
2. Whiteflame
3. CatholicApologetics

This DP ends at 2:00 PM western time on Aug. 20

Additional Info: Austin has been silenced expect for 3 VTLs

Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
@CatholicApologetics
DP is up
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
@CatholicApologetics
Nice to be able to post again.

Given that there are only three of us left and only two us can post anything other than a VTL, I suspect this will be a short DP.

The easy part: Austin's obviously town. I don't think WyIted would discount him if he hadn't received clear evidence to that effect, and WyIted claimed he received a message. Given that a Friendly Neighbor is town confirmed by the mod, I don't think that can be faked, either.

As WyIted and Austin were discussing DP3, that leaves the decision between Catholic and me. Let's start with my claiming what I did: I used my Hider NP2 and NP3.

I could risk it NP2 and just reduce the PoE pool if I died, so I targeted WyIted again thinking that he was the most townread player after using his Vig and would likely be the target of the NK. I considered visiting Catholic instead to test his role, and in retrospect, that probably would have been the better choice. I trusted that early claim, particularly as it included an exception for scum who visit the PGO, which seemed a little too specific to be an early scum claim. I didn't buy that he and JoeBob would come up with something like that.

I chose to use it again NP3 because it was all or nothing. WyIted and Austin had confirmed themselves, so Catholic was obviously lying. I'm still here, ergo Catholic is not the PGO.

At this point, though, it's not a question of results or actions that I've taken. You either believe that this is what I did or you believe Catholic's role. I'm the only one of the two of us who have been Silenced, and I appreciate that WyIted thought it was something I would do to myself, even if my being Silenced in no way vindicated me. I'll admit, I don't think there's good evidence from the previous nights to solidly support either of us from any external perspective. Maybe Austin sent a message via his Friendly Neighbor to Catholic, which would support my claim to have visited him, though considering that he was leaning towards my being scum, it's probable that he didn't want to risk being shot. WyIted said he tried to shoot Catholic and clearly got redirected by JoeBob's randomizer, so we didn't get a test of his role there.

I did think that PGO was an awfully convenient claim, particularly since it made him virtually unconfirmable. So for Austin, it's mainly a question of how much you believe either of our claims based on what we've said. Catholic said in his first post that he had had experience in a similar game before and showed some pretty solid insight into player behavior, even if that logic and the additional sussing thrown at Casey later led us astray. I think writing him off as a noob who claimed too early was a mistake. He clearly played us for a while, but someone had to test his role eventually, just lucky I had no choice in the end.

My vote is obvious. VTL Catholic
CatholicApologetics
Debates: 4
CatholicApologetics
-->
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
Whiteflame, your skill with words is undeniable. However, your efforts to clear suspicion seem excessive for someone who is truly innocent. If you weren't scum, visiting me would have resulted in your death. Let's be real here — you deliberately avoided visiting me because I'm the only other player, aside from you, who isn't fully confirmed as town. This strongly suggests to me that you're the scum. If I'm right, visiting me would have resulted in my death, removing the only other person under suspicion. The remaining players would have immediately turned their focus on you, the last potential scum. You have kept me in the game for the sole benefit of your interests.

I've been reserved throughout most of this game because I am new. That being said, I am the PGO. While there's no definitive way to prove this, it comes down to whether Austin trusts a seasoned player with conveniently aligned arguments or a guy who's tried to remain honest, despite the attacks made against him.

Vote Whiteflame.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
VTL whiteflame

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
@CatholicApologetics
Figured I was boned. Well done guys, you got me.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
I'm figuring that's the game, then. You did well.

My last post yesterday saying that I was leaning towards voting Catholic was a pretty clear trap - Wylted being killed over me just confirmed my suspicions.

And yeah, saying you visited Catholic wasn't the greatest call. From your point of view, he should have already been confirmed scum.
Moozer325
Moozer325
Final Vote Count:

Whiteflame (2/2): Catholic, Austin

Catholic (1/2): Whiteflame

Whiteflame was Lynched. He was... Guilty!

I'll have the Endgame up soon, thanks for playing everyone!
CatholicApologetics
CatholicApologetics
-->
@whiteflame
@AustinL0926
It was a pleasure to play Mafia with you guys, it was an enjoyable game. I'm glad we were able to uncover who the scum were.

Whiteflame, your psychological prowess deserves praise. You played a masterful game. It's clear that you're a formidable player, and I look forward to future games you.
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
GGs 
ILikePie5
Debates: 3
ILikePie5
-->
@Moozer325
You mean guilty lol
CatholicApologetics
CatholicApologetics
I refresh the page to see that Whiteflame was innocent... Are you sure that wasn't a typo?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
My last post yesterday saying that I was leaning towards voting Catholic was a pretty clear trap - Wylted being killed over me just confirmed my suspicions.
Not much choice on that one. Convincing WyIted wasn’t happening, either. 
And yeah, saying you visited Catholic wasn't the greatest call. From your point of view, he should have already been confirmed scum.
Thought through this one for a bit and realized that if I was town, I would have visited him NP3 since I’d have confirmed him to be scum. In your shoes, I think I would have seen it as scummy if the claimed Hider didn’t visit at that point since it suggests they still feared the PGO.
Moozer325
Moozer325
Sorry, Typo, I mean Guilty.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@CatholicApologetics
Thanks! I thought you did well for your first game. And yes, I’m guilty.

Moozer325
Moozer325
Endgame is up