the objectively correct decisions to the every variation of the trolley problem.

Author: WyIted

Total: 11
WyIted
Debates: 29
WyIted
The following site will give you 30 variations of the trolley problem which you can answer. https://neal.fun/absurd-trolley-problems/

I personally go over each of my answers here https://youtu.be/5ibMYXwouhw

Anyway, I ended up killing 72 people, and my son killed 71, so let's see if by answering honestly you can get a lower death toll. Also, it will be fun to watch you guys recording yourself going through the game if you are up for it.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@WyIted
Honestly maybe I should make a little YouTube video going over my decisions…

I got 42 deaths.

I found that in most cases, the circumstances around the deaths mattered less than the number of deaths.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@WyIted
There is nothing either objective or therefore correct, in relation to the trolley problem.

It wouldn't matter if there were 10 trillion hypothetical deaths.

I say the trolley should have been fixed in accordance with the laws of longtermism...Hypothetically, 0  deaths.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@zedvictor4
The trolley prevents zero deaths
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@WyIted
The trolley prevents zero deaths.

True, a trolley neither prevents nor causes deaths...It's just a trolley.

Though a trolley that prevents zero deaths, is therefore inaccurately perceived to prevent some deaths.

In which case, unless we can accurately predict how many deaths might have occurred before the trolley intervened, we can not accurately say how many deaths either would have or would not have occurred either before or after the trolley's intervention.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@zedvictor4
You are a retard. The trolley problem gives you a choice between allowing 5 people to die and 1 person to die.

This is not the kobiashi maru.  You cannot get around the rules. You mentioned the answer was zero deaths. Please do not reproduce. That was not an option given in the problem
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@WyIted
The trolley problem is a purely hypothetical, unrealistic, philosophical proposition.

There are no rules.

My trolley was in good working order, with effective brakes, so no one got hurt.

Previously, I was simply pointing out that your statement, "the trolley prevents zero deaths" did not make sense.

Prior to that I only stated "hypothetically, 0 deaths".

I wouldn't accuse anyone of being retarded, but nonetheless, getting worked up over a ridiculous philosophical hypothesis is a tad silly.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
death count 49. 

Some counter intuitive decisions i chose from a purely logical standpoint:

• Saving 5 lobsters over one cat. Mostly due to a cats destructive reputation towards native wildlife. 
  • Saving 5 sentient robots over myself. Assuming they’re sapient, not having the level of sentients as an insect, and various other factors.
  • Saving 5 clones of myself over the original. Would you choose to save 5 other people over yourself?

I disagreed with the determinist-trolley-problem proposition. I distinguish choice from decision/conclusion. 
Though i still picked the lesser of the two bads. 
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Reece101
Not bad
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
The trolley stops for no man.

7 days later

Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
If the only choice is to minimize your loss, it is not a total win.