I don't believe in free healthcare for migrants, but I believe that with integrity

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 9
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
You see this child:

Lets say this child comes to the US with their parents, doesn't have papers, and gets sick enough to where they will go in the hospital and one of the 2 following things will happen:

1. The child has their health bills paid for by US taxpayers.
  2. The child dies a painful death.

I am willing to prefer option 2 to option 1 because my tax dollars matter more to me than the life of a stranger child (this applies to all children regardless of citizenship status).  I don't care if the child looks like this, or this or this.  I do not want my tax dollars going to take care of other people's kids; my tax cuts matter to me more than their lives, so I am literally willing to look at these poor desperate kids and turn them away and let them die.

If you select option 1 and you are on the left, then I respect that; I really do.  You believe unwanted pain should be reduced, so you logically from your brain patterns would pick option 1 and I don't agree; but I can respect it.  But most conservatives and libertarians don't have the integrity to say what I said because they are afraid of looking unpopular to normie America, who doesn't care how much it costs; they don't like seeing children suffer, so they would tolerate the tax hikes they don't notice to save more people.  At least the leftist is honest; I can respect that.  But most of the conservatives and libertarians aren't honest.  Conservatives and libertarians should pick an option and I don't care with what option they pick; but if they don't pick option 2; then they should leave the party; no hurt feelings towards them; you can pick option 1 and I won't be upset; but just be honest.
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@TheUnderdog
my tax dollars matter more to me than the life of a stranger child (this applies to all children regardless of citizenship status)
Then your subject line is wrong here. Migrant status is immaterial to your position: your dollar is more important to you than a kid you don't know, full stop. 
Best.Korea
Debates: 346
Best.Korea
  1. The child has their health bills paid for by US taxpayers.
  2. The child dies a painful death.
I am not a fan of free healthcare, because people abuse it.

Sure, this example sounds simple, but when applied on mass scale, it causes even more poverty, and thus more crime.

US government already pays 2 trillions for healthcare, which is insane cost.

You could have built additional 3 US militaries with that money.

You could have solved all poverty in USA with that money.

Government healthcare is probably the least cost effective government program in history.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ludofl3x
 your dollar is more important to you than a kid you don't know, full stop. 
Yes; this is just libertarian/fiscal conservatism ideology.  I just have enough honesty to admit it; although if you prefer the left wing belief, that's fine.  Think that's too cruel?  Then donate your money to an orphaniche.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
I am not a fan of free healthcare, because people abuse it.
How would people abuse healthcare?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
How would people abuse healthcare?
Both doctors and patients are known for abusing free healthcare.

Patients go to doctor much more often than they normally would, driving prices up and creating long waiting lines.

Doctors agree to many unnecessary procedures because government pays their costs and government often pays per procedure.

There was even a case of a dentist intentionally lying to patients and pulling much more teeth than necessary because government payed him per pulled tooth.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
Patients go to doctor much more often than they normally would
So you don't like patients taking good care of their health?

driving prices up 
If the taxpayer pays for UHC, this is irrelevant.

creating long waiting lines.
Then you hire more doctors.

There was even a case of a dentist intentionally lying to patients and pulling much more teeth than necessary because government payed him per pulled tooth.
Then he should lose his lisence.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@TheUnderdog
So you don't like patients taking good care of their health?
Not if it as a result doubles all  prices on market.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Best.Korea
But in the EU; it's about half.

People that live in countries with UHC don't go to the doctor's every day; they may go 3x a year (whereas now, people may go 2x a year if they have healthcare, 0x a year if they don't).