Time travel/Rants endgame

Author: WyIted

Total: 36
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
## Mafia wins

1. Casey, you are Kanye west - "I see good things about Hitler" Your jewdar is off the charts. You can know the true nature of anyone and therefore can investigate them to reveal their role and character. You win with the mafia

2. Savant, You are Donald Trump, a proven time traveler. You use your time travel abilities to spark chaos and to flip the script on the deep state. Each night you may swap 2 people's roles. You are the chaos agent. You win with the mafia

## Town

1. Austin: Jim Kindeldon from the movie Groundhog's day. You keep returning to the same day as a result you are the timelord. 1x per game you may reset the timeline in the twilight period of the dp and it restarts. You win with town

2. Owen: You are Howard dean. Your scream can end any attempt to vote you at all. You may use the dean scream to end your vote train 1x (used dp2).  You win with town

3. Lunatic: You are Dennis Green- They are who you think they are. If you correctly guess who is on the mafia team by submitting your choice than you will lose your vote the next dp. You win with town.

4. ilikepie: You are terrence howard. Due to your superior math abalities you can multiple your 1 vote by 1 and have 2 votes. You are a 1x double voter. You win with the town.

5. whiteflame: You are John Titor. You came back to not only warn us of the coming tragedies, but potentially fix our timeline so it doesn't end up like yours. You win with town.

**Temporal Archaeologist :** Studies past timelines, uncovering a player's previous roles if they have been swapped or changed

6.  Joebob: You are Big Red. You can defeat the patriarchy by telling people to STFU. Therefore you are the silencer. You win with town

7. Disc: You are Adolph Hitler. You can travel through time and use this ability to travel back in time after your lynch to take somebody down with you. You are the hunter. You win with the town

8. Barney: You are Short king. As the short king you are simultaneously hated by all women, and unfairly so. You just want some God damn respect. You are the hated and require one less vote to lynch. You win with the town

np1 actions

2. ilikepie  - no action

3. whiteflame  - cops pie

4. lunatic  - cops owen and dies

6. Joebob  - does not use ability acquires lunatic's role

7. Disc  - N/A

8. Austin  - N/a

9.owen  N/A

10.Barney N/A

scum

5.casey  role cop pie

1. savant  kill lunatic and swap him with joebob

NP2 actions

mafia

savant kill and role swap pie

town

1. austin - NA
2. owen - NA
3. whiteflame role cops savant
4. joebob- cops pie
5. Barney- NA

## Thoughts

This was supposed to be a highly experimental game, but things did not work out like I expected. For example Savant swapped roles with a dead person and swapped another dead persons roles. I don't think Casey needed to fake claim a character when the theme was deemed not to be discernable. Barney is also right that Bill O'Reilly is not a reporter, but wrong that Fox through their news team under the bus. They just differentiate their news shows from their talk shows,

Not discernable does not mean a theme does not exist though. The theme was MAGA vs the world.  Disc, made an excellent play. no DP2. I think scum got a bit unlucky with who whiteflame role copped, and I also think Savant could have maybe sewn some more Chaos by switching the roles of live players. If the roles of half the town were swapped at the beginning of DP3 than the game would be a bit harder to figure out. Maybe if they did not find their own role cop useful, swap it with lunatic on NP1.

I hope it doesn't seem I am being harsh with the scum team. I was just hoping for the scum team to win and so the most feedback is always going to go that direction. I think Casey's scum game has improved. I do feel like and town didn't see this but that this particular scum team could work on their IDGAF atttitude, as there was some panic when they get to L2 or even L3 that just doesn't need to be there.

I hope you all enjoyed
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@AustinL0926
@Savant
@Casey_Risk
@Owen_T
Endgame up
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Lunatic
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
endgame up
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Barney
@Discipulus_Didicit
@JoeBob
endgame is up
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Ah, the sweet taste of victory.
Casey_Risk
Debates: 3
Casey_Risk
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Well, that game was over relatively quickly. I agree with Wylted that my scum game has improved, though. In fact, even though I got lynched DP2, I'd actually say this was my best scum game overall. Sure, I did win in UPick, but tbh Pie carried me that game. This time, I actually felt like I had a really good fakeclaim that probably would have worked out, if everyone hadn't sussed it for dumb reasons. Barney, why would Wylted of all people make Fox News the bad guys in one of his games on the basis of being Fox News?

And DD, you may have killed me, but I give you zero credit for figuring me out, because your reasons for sussing me weren't even factually correct! I absolutely did not describe my role as a Watcher. This is what I said about my role:

I am the Reporter. I can target someone at night to see if they visited anyone. Last night I targeted Savant, who did not visit anyone.
Then, when Whiteflame said that would make me a Tracker, I clarified:

Not quite. I only get to see if my target visited anyone, not who they visited.
How on Earth did you get Watcher out of that? And for the rest of you, why did none of you point this out?

Again, yes, you were right that I was scum, but your basis for believing that I was mafia was completely off. You were right for all the wrong reasons.

Still, GG. I definitely feel like we could have made better usage of the Role Swapper in the end.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Casey_Risk
That's not at all what I remember you saying. I think you went back in time and changed it.

WyIted
WyIted
I fucked up the op

Town wins sorry
whiteflame
whiteflame
DD definitely nailed Casey, though like I said in the game, I would've been willing to consider a lynch on Casey after he claimed since the role/character didn't make a lot of sense. I also just didn't buy Casey's explanation for why they targeted Savant. I actually thought they were behaviorally town in DP1, though others have disagreed, so that may just be my own personal blinders.

And yeah, it was a mistake for Casey to claim they targeted Savant and get the kind of "that's accurate" response from Savant in DP2. I probably would have had it down to Savant by PoE (or at least had him in a very small pool with JoeBob), but that ended up tipping me off that something was going on there. I think you have to be willing to take a risk in that scenario and just say that someone who is townread didn't move. I would obviously have been a bad choice for that, but you don't want to tie yourself to your partner if you can avoid it. I know it's worked before with the Messenger gambit Austin and Savant pulled several games back, though I'd say we're a little more sensitive to that now.

Also, for anyone wondering, I held off on claiming because it never seemed necessary. Pie was never in serious danger of being lynched and he wasn't drawing too much attention, and people were generally townreading me, so I figured keeping my role a secret would at least give me some opportunity to act NP2 and find the right target. It was a gamble, but it paid off. Very much appreciate that Pie also refused to claim, made him look like he had a powerful PR.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I knew casey was scum. GG's
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Casey_Risk
How on Earth did you get Watcher out of that? And for the rest of you, why did none of you point this out?
His decision to self-hammer came out of nowhere. I had wanted to discuss his read on you after we got a claim, but he made his call and it was over before I could address it. I do recall him saying that and I was confounded by it.

This time, I actually felt like I had a really good fakeclaim that probably would have worked out, if everyone hadn't sussed it for dumb reasons.
I didn't get the opportunity to detail the reasons I was sussing you, but yeah, I agree that the reasons others were giving didn't sit right with me.

I definitely feel like we could have made better usage of the Role Swapper in the end.
Up until the end, I was still considering JoeBob as potential scum who just used the Role Swap to make himself look townie, but the way he revealed it just didn't square with my expectations on that front. Definitely could've been used better, but hey, it at least made for some interesting sussing.
Casey_Risk
Casey_Risk
-->
@whiteflame
I actually thought they were behaviorally town in DP1, though others have disagreed, so that may just be my own personal blinders.
FWIW, I did actually say that I sussed Savant in the DP1 thread. You're right that saying I visited him was a mistake on my part, though. My first thought was actually to say that I had visited Pie, and then I thought about saying I visited JoeBob, but Savant said that I should say I visited him, and I went along with it.

Honestly though, up until the point where I woke up and saw DD had killed me, I felt pretty good about my fakeclaim. I had taken a big gamble with even claiming O'Reilly's rant in the first place, as it's a pretty well-known one, but no one ended up counter-claiming me. I also feel like Reporter made a decent amount of sense for the character personally, though I guess I can understand why it lead to some amount of suspicion on me.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Okay I went back to reread parts of the DP and I am actually really confused at why certain posts say completely different words than I clearly remember them saying. I think maybe because I was at work for most of it and only ever looked at the game for a few minutes at a time.

I was right about the "I can role confirm" shit needing to stop though. I stand by that. If your role confirms your alignment that's one thing but come on. Just be normal, people.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@whiteflame
Very much appreciate that Pie also refused to claim, made him look like he had a powerful PR.
Scum role copped him the same day you did and knew his role
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@WyIted
Scum role copped him the same day you did and knew his role
Alright... that's confusing. I guess they really didn't see me as a concerning PR then. Didn't think I gave myself that much cover, but I guess they were reading into my response to Casey's claim and didn't believe I had an investigative role. I'll take it.

WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I was right about the "I can role confirm" shit needing to stop though. I stand by that. If your role confirms your alignment that's one thing but come on. Just be normal, people.
I think in a future game if I get to mod again than I will punish people for this belief. I usually like to set up games to punish town for what I believe is having a bad meta
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
@WyIted

I think in a future game if I get to mod again than I will punish people for this belief. I usually like to set up games to punish town for what I believe is having a bad meta
To be fair, the only reason I was arguing that his confirmable role made me sus him less was because I knew what that role was and had reason to suspect he was town, I just didn't have good reason to reveal that information.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WyIted
Giving scum traditionally townie roles and vice versa may be a way to do that. I remember one of bsh's Beginner Series games having a mafia that was popular, for example.
Barney
Debates: 53
Barney
Gg everyone!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Double Voter is a scummy role in my eyes, which is why I used the excuse of “I’m confirmable” to try to delay my full claim as much as possible. I agree with you that role confirmation =/= affiliation confirmation
JoeBob
JoeBob
Gg 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ILikePie5
Really? seems like it would be really overpowered in the hands of scum. My initial instinct is that it's almost always town, let me check the mafiascum wiki...
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Mafiascum says that it is sometimes used as a scum role though it is rare because of how powerful it is in the hands of scum.

I find it even this surprising. Scum double voter automatically cuts a whole DP off of the Mylo/Lylo deadline. That's something that would need serious consideration in balancing.

If DP 3 was a mislynch then scum would have immediately won as Savant would have been able to instalynch hated Barney DP 4 and anyone else DP 5 and so on.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@AustinL0926
Hey, I sent Wylted a guess that a role like yours existed via PM. Why you no save me? =(
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
If DP 3 was a mislynch then scum would have immediately won as Savant would have been able to instalynch hated Barney DP 4 and anyone else DP 5 and so on.
This is why I feel savant should have claimed that whiteflame was creating some sort of gambit and speculated the scum team had 3 members and fought harder for the win
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Hey, I sent Wylted a guess that a role like yours existed via PM. Why you no save me?
Austin was taking too long to get on so I just made an executive decision. There was from town POV 2 potential town deaths there so I didn't want to make the call but wanted to make sure we moved along fast enough for everyone's tastes. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WyIted
Yeah, fake claim cop (whiteflame himself said it was weird there were so few investigative roles. Savant could point to that post and say "I AM THE INVESTIGATIVE ROLE MOTHERFUCKER IT WAS ME ALL ALONG HAHAHAHA") and claim to get a NP 2 guilty on WF. Claim the NP 1 was an inno on someone that didn't come under any pressure then say to the town "look, lynch WF and if he is inno lynch me next gg".

Not guaranteed but that's just off the top of my head. I think Savant gave up too easily.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@WyIted
Austin was taking too long to get on so I just made an executive decision.
That's fair. I wonder if he would have saved me. I had a whole rant prepared for in case my theory was correct and I was saved lol.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
@WyIted
Yeah, I was bracing myself for a fight with Savant. Actually had a few ideas on how I'd respond, but didn't end up having to go there.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@whiteflame
Yeah, I was bracing myself for a fight with Savant. Actually had a few ideas on how I'd respond, but didn't end up having to go there.
It was hard not to tell him what to do in the scum chat. I just wanted to tell him his options. Maybe given both of their inexperience I could have roped Earth into the scum chat to coach them.