What I've learned with talking to Biden and Trump voters

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 7
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
I live in a very battleground city; there are large numbers of both democrat and republican voters in my city.  I ask the Trump supporters why they like Trump over other republicans, they claim it's because he's an alpha dog (vibes).  I ask the Biden supporters why they like Biden over other democrats, they claim it's because he's a calming old man (vibes).

The right likes alpha vibes and the left likes calm vibes.  The right may occasionally try and say, "Biden has an open border" (not true; he's done more deportations than Trump; I criticize them both on this, but I care about policy; they don't; they only care about vibes).  The left may occasionally say, "Trump's Mr. Jan 6".  If Trump never did Jan 6, then I would be way more open to be willing to vote Trump over Biden; the left wouldn't be; so it's not a genuine concern they have.  They then say, "Trump's racist" over what was initially his border wall idea (so to them, pro ICE = racist; not even a belief I have even though I'm anti ICE, but a belief they have).  Biden deported more people than Trump, and the left doesn't call him out on it; they fall in line.  My dad is an example; when Trump was POTUS; he was a teacher; he had undocumented students in his class he respected.  Then Biden comes along and does the same stuff as Trump,, my Dad falls in line with Trump's policy done by Biden. 

People say Trump apperantly hates black people because he wanted like the Brooklyn 5 to be killed.  Trump genuinely disagrees with the court ruling (just like many on the left do with Andrew Tate and Kyle Rittenhouse).  If you genuinely believe Andrew Tate is a rapist and the court ruling was wrong, then it's realistic to advocate for the death penalty for Andrew Tate (same with the Brooklyn 5).  It's a problem if you act on it and murder Tate or the Brooklyn 5; but speech is just speech; actions are different.

Biden though has said he doesn't want his kids growing up in a racial jungle (this is more racist than wanting people you believe committed r@pe to be killed).  The never Trumpers didn't care that Biden said this and never took it back.  Why?  Because they just like his vibes too much.

I don't think I'm going to vote; and honestly Kamala pisses me off too because she said in a democratic primary that she believes Biden r@ped Tara Reade (which would be fine) but then she ran as his VP for clout and status.  Anyone that is willing to be the VP for someone they believe is a rapist has bad moral character.  I said that about Kay Ivey endorsing Roy Moore for senate (she believed he is a rapist) and I have to be consistent.  I will be remmoving my Harris profile picture shortly.
SocraticGregarian96
Debates: 11
SocraticGregarian96
-->
@TheUnderdog
If you feel that way, either don’t vote or vote thrid party, like RFK or Jill Stien. That’s what I do. If you vote your conscience, maybe others will follow. 
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Make The Stupid Rich Great Again!
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
The left may occasionally say, "Trump's Mr. Jan 6".  If Trump never did Jan 6, then I would be way more open to be willing to vote Trump over Biden; the left wouldn't be; so it's not a genuine concern they have.
I know of very few people who profess to oppose Trump only because of January 6th, and anyone who does is almost by definition not on the left.

If you ask myself or any similarly minded individual why we oppose Trump so vehemently most would go straight to January 6th and all of the events that surrounded it. We do that because it is probably the clearest single example to show how deeply unfit Trump is to be put back in the oval office and even if he fixed every other issue he had, January 6th on its own would still be a disqualifier. The fact that we would strongly oppose him regardless in no way cuts against the genuineness we have about it.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@TheUnderdog
I don't think I'm going to vote
This always baffles me. Right now the choices are either Kamala or Trump. One of them will be your next president, the only question is whether you will have a say in that or let the rest of the country decide for you.
DavidAZZ
Debates: 0
DavidAZZ
-->
@Double_R
One of them will be your next president, the only question is whether you will have a say in that or let the rest of the country decide for you
Great point.

TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Double_R
This always baffles me. Right now the choices are either Kamala or Trump. One of them will be your next president, the only question is whether you will have a say in that or let the rest of the country decide for you.
I live in a blue state; Kamala will win here.  There is no point in me voting for somebody that II don't even respect.

But would you rather I not vote or vote for Trump?  The 1st option?  Alright; then be grateful.