People in my family

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 5
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
My grandmother: Illegal immigrants need to be deported!!!

Me: I don't give a rat's ass if you are undocumented or an anchor baby or anything like that.

My grandmother: How DARE you be so offensive by calling people anchor babies!

Me: What's more offensive, calling someone an anchor baby, or separating an anchor baby from their parents?  You statists need to chill.
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
It sounds like your grandma is less retarded than you. Perhaps it's not genetic but a result of being dropped on your head or something 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog

What makes you say that?  Is it just Underdog derangement syndrome?
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
What makes you say that?  Is it just Underdog derangement syndrome?
fuck it, I have time so I will spell it out.

My grandmother: Illegal immigrants need to be deported!!!
Fair enough. I am sure she has her reasons.

Me: I don't give a rat's ass if you are undocumented or an anchor baby or anything like that.

passive aggressive remark. You should probably show some respect to your elders

My grandmother: How DARE you be so offensive by calling people anchor babies!

Also fair, they are human beings worthy of respect. I would say I think it's a title and not offensive but I see how some people think it could objectify or dehumanize babies.

Me: What's more offensive, calling someone an anchor baby, or separating an anchor baby from their parents?  You statists need to chill.
red herring, she criticized your use of the term anchor baby and you used a red herring. It should be noted that women are not very logical so when it is the male using a logical fallacy, they really need to check themselves.

If you want to be logical than either agree with her the term is offensive or disagree and explain your reasoning.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
@wylted

Also fair, they are human beings worthy of respect. I would say I think it's a title and not offensive but I see how some people think it could objectify or dehumanize babies.
Calling someone an anchor baby is less offensive to them than having state agents come to their house and arresting their parents and breaking up their family because of "the law" that should be changed.

red herring, she criticized your use of the term anchor baby and you used a red herring.
She's being hypocritical if all of a sudden she cares about children of undocumented immigrants because she would do worse things to them if she was in charge.  If a murderer accuses someone who has a DUI of being a danger to society, then the murderer is hypocritical because they are the bigger danger to society.