Ban childless people from voting!!!

Author: 420-1776

Total: 17
420-1776
Debates: 3
420-1776
If you don't have children, then you don't care about the future of this nation; and anybody that doesn't care about the future of this nation shouldn't be allowed to vote. 

Anyone that doesn't believe climate change is a serious problem doesn't get the right to vote in elections; they obviously don't care about the future of the nation.  Anyone that smokes tobacco doesn't care about the future of this nation because they are subconsciously encouraging others to smoke as well (everyone that smoked did so because they have seen others do it).  No voting rights for smokers!! 

Anyone who wants to abolish the department of education shouldn't be allowed to vote; they don't care about the future of this nation because they want stupider kids!

Anyone that doesn't support Medicare for all does not care about the future of this nation.  Ban UHC opponents from voting!!

You must care about the future of this nation to vote!!!  Anyone that disagrees is a radical leftist communist!!!
WyIted
Debates: 27
WyIted
If you don't have children, then you don't care about the future of this nation; and anybody that doesn't care about the future of this nation shouldn't be allowed to vote. 
this is correct. They will prioritize short term gain over thinking about the effects of policies far off into the future. I tend to think in a 100 year timeline
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog

It's 420-1776; he's making fun of the idea.  If you were consistent, then anyone that doesn't believe climate change is a serious problem, wants to abolish the department of education, smokes tobacco, and people that oppose medicare for all.
WyIted
WyIted
If you were consistent, then anyone that doesn't believe climate change is a serious problem,
The people who think it''s a problem just export their C02 emissions to china

wants to abolish the department of education,
Abolishing the department of education would result in kids receiving a better education and therefore having a better future. The cato institute has some articles that can explain this for you.

smokes tobacco,
Not sure why I should care. You can shorten your own life while simultaneously caring about your children.

and people that oppose medicare for all.
this is already debunked as medicare for all kills more people. Unless you are genocidal you should oppose it.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

I think that if you have an IQ less than 110 you should not be allowed to vote. We now know that the Universe is made from atoms.
(this is for the reviewers of past posts 100 years from now)
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FLRW
I think that if you have an IQ less than 110 you should not be allowed to vote
I think it should be around 130, but we are on the same page here. The united states at one point did have a roundabout way to test for intelligence prior to voting, but the supreme court ruled it unconstitutional
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@WyIted

I now realize that your IQ is at least 130. I have just sent you a friend request.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@FLRW
I feel honored. I accept
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@WyIted

Thanks !
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog

The people who think it''s a problem just export their C02 emissions to china
So get China to stop polluting as well.  Replace fossil fuels with nuclear energy.

Abolishing the department of education would result in kids receiving a better education and therefore having a better future. The cato institute has some articles that can explain this for you.
Condense their arguments.

You can shorten your own life while simultaneously caring about your children.
If you smoke, then you advertise to others about smoking and they pick up the habit.  Every single smoker first saw the idea from another smoker.

this is already debunked as medicare for all kills more people. Unless you are genocidal you should oppose it.
The EU has a higher life expectancy than the US.

Note, I support all of these groups having the right to vote, but I can make a comparably good argument for childless people.

Someone that chooses to be childless often believes the world will be inhospitable by 2100 and would not want their kids to suffer in that world.  So they choose not to have kids due to what they believe will be a horrible world for their kids to live in.  You can disagree with this logic, but don't claim they don't care about the future of humanity; they do.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
Europe has a higher life expectancy due to lower obesity rates. Actually take a look and read this article. It explains why it is evil to support socialized medicine.

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog

Why does the EU have lower obesity rates than the US?

But this is a sidetrack; people who choose to not have children should be allowed to vote.
WyIted
WyIted
-->
@TheUnderdog
Why does the EU have lower obesity rates than the US?
Because they have better eating habits

people who choose to not have children should be allowed to vote.
Wrong. They would prioritize the short term (there own lifespan), over the long term (perhaps a 250 year time horizon).
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog

Because they have better eating habits
And why is that?

Wrong. They would prioritize the short term (there own lifespan), over the long term (perhaps a 250 year time horizon).
Then why do they want to deal with climate change so badly?  The sea levels would rise a lot by 2100 according to the scientists; 40 year old climate change activists with no kids aren't being alive for that.

People who donate very little of their income to charity don't care much about others; should their voting rights be taken away?

The real reason you don't want childless people being allowed to vote is because they lean democrat and you want to make it easier for republicans to win elections.  If childless people leaned republican, then you would support their right to vote.  But whichever way a group leans shouldn't matter in terms of their right to vote.
WyIted
WyIted
And why is that?
I don't understand sociology enough to provide a good answer, but I feel like you are going to say because they have better emergency room services despite me providing a link that proves the opposite. https://fee.org/articles/if-american-healthcare-kills-european-healthcare-kills-more/

Then why do they want to deal with climate change so badly?  The sea levels would rise a lot by 2100 according to the scientists; 40 year old climate change activists with no kids aren't being alive for that

Wisconsin Senator Gaylord Nelson, the father of Earth Day said before the first Earth Day in 1970 that “the secretary of the Smithsonian Institute believes that in 25 years, somewhere between 75 and 80 percent of all the species of living animals will be extinct.”
Not to be outdone, Life Magazine reported that same year that “Scientists have solid experimental and theoretical evidence to support…the following predictions: In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution…by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half….”
Stanford biologist Paul Ehrlich, the celebrated author of The Climate Bomb, wrote in 1971 that "by the year 2000 the United Kingdom will be simply a small group of impoverished islands, inhabited by some 70 million hungry people … If I were a gambler, I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000.”
In 1975 Newsweek ran a now-infamous article entitled “The Cooling World,” which cited several climate scientists in concluding that “the central fact is that…the earth’s climate seems to be cooling down…If the climate change is as profound as some of the pessimists fear, the resulting famines could be catastrophic.”
Global famine was a popular prediction in the 70’s.  North Texas State professor Pete Gunter summed up the prevailing sentiment when he wrote in “The Lving Wilderness” that by “by the year 2000...the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine.”
In 1986, NASA scientist James Hansen testified before Congressthat “global temperatures should be nearly 2 degrees higher in 20 years, ‘which is about the warmest the earth has been in the last 100,000 years.’”
Two years later, Dr. Hansen told an interviewer that in 20 years, the area below his New York City office would be completely changed, most notably that “the West Side Highway [which runs along the Hudson River] will be under water.”

okay

People who donate very little of their income to charity don't care much about others; should their voting rights be taken away?

It depends on the time horizon they are working with.

The real reason you don't want childless people being allowed to vote is because they lean democrat and you want to make it easier for republicans to win elections.  If childless people leaned republican, then you would support their right to vote
strawman

But whichever way a group leans shouldn't matter in terms of their right to vote.
debateable
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog

but I feel like you are going to say because they have better emergency room services despite me providing a link that proves the opposite
I was going to say it's because Europe regulates what you eat way more than America does (and Europeans and Canadians tend to get more exercise due to their cities being more walkable).  The right would respond, "free market capitalism separates the winners from the losers, so let unsuspecting people put unhealthy food in their system in the name of FREEDOM!!"  I want my food more regulated so it's healthier for you.

Because we have heard this all before.
You can believe the climate predictions are wrong (and honestly; I am not a climate change alarmist either).  But if you are a climate change alarmist, this shouldn't ban you from voting, even if they act on this by choosing not to reproduce.  If you want there to be a minimum IQ to vote, I don't know which party this helps, but I would be more fine with that (assuming you can prove it) than banning childfree people from voting.  If you think a smart Harvard scientist cares less about the future of the planet than Jammal from the hood or Devin from the Trailer Park because they have a bunch of kids and the Harvard scientist doesn't, then you are wrong.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
If humans had common sense the everything would be fantastic.

Unfortunately though, we have to take the clever stupid gene into account.